News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

1967 charger question

Started by taxspeaker, March 21, 2018, 07:01:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

moparfan53

Quote from: Bad B-rad on March 23, 2018, 07:47:24 PM
Plus they COULD of had the clock, and that is same base as the vac gauge.
The clock would be the reason I would say the plates have the spot to punch the hole.

You are quicker than me!   ;D  

Yes. I just thought of that. Also, some years/models B bodies had the console tach option, which also was the same base as clock. So they used one console plate to service several different models and options.

:cheers:

taxspeaker

OK Gen 1 guys, let's light this back up. Over the weekend my frustration on my old Superbird boiled over and I got a call from the owner of this car that I walked away from in March. I have cooled down on selling the bird but we were trying to work out a trade and he asked me if I would just consider buying it. Black exterior, no evident rust, old paint but ok, interior looks good, red automatic. Does start and run but undriven for quite some time. Gen 1's don't seem to have much value and I don't know how to check to see if it was an original Hemi like he says, or not. In any event, body panels re also good and underside shows no evident rust.

I don't think it has much future value like the wing cars, so what do you think value is? Online theye are all over the board from 40/50,000 to restomods at 180,000.

A383Wing

Price depends on condition.....67 Charger is the hardest to restore...many parts are 1 year only, and not many are reproduced.....

I'll send you a PM with my number if you want to call and talk

you will never get your investment back

Bryan

chargerperson

Quote from: A383Wing on November 05, 2018, 09:11:34 PM
Price depends on condition.....67 Charger is the hardest to restore...many parts are 1 year only, and not many are reproduced.....

I'll send you a PM with my number if you want to call and talk

you will never get your investment back

Bryan

I restored interior and body to original on my car.  Wasn't as hard as I thought it would.  As I had non matching #s powertrain, I did restomod the power train, suspension, brakes so I didn't try to find all of the parts though.

Agree with Bryan, I really like the first generation cars but they do not make good investments.  That does make more affordable to buy one restored.  Much better way to go financially.

wingcar

As others have already stated....with the uniqueness of the First Generation Chargers....Rule One is buy a complete example.  A lot of parts are hard to come by, and equally important, you NEED the factory shop manual (there was a supplement to the main '66 manual that covers the Charger) to get a handle on how things like the dash lights and headlights work.

You don't see a lot of First Generation Chargers, even at Mopar shows....but I feel that will change as the prices for the second Generation Chargers continue to escalate.  The pricing on '66 and '67 Chargers are still within reach of buyers unlike the "68 – '70 models.  Cheap '66 – '67 Chargers are few and far between...and those out there priced at giveaway prices are usual money pits...beware.  (But they make good parts cars).   If you want to stand out, the First Generation will do just that.  While they don't offer the wild colors, spoilers, or hood scoops of the Second Generation, it has a certain period look that is totally early '60s.   And, a lot of uninformed individuals are not aware that Dodge made Chargers before 1968BD.  (BD...Before Duke Boys....LOL)

While they may not be a great investment such as the Second Generation and even Third Generation Chargers are......they do stand out and make for fun cars.  Just remember, aftermarket parts support is not out there as it is with '68 – '70 Chargers.  So buy wisely.

Here is a '66 at this year's SEMA Show..........
1970 Daytona Charger SE "clone" (440/Auto)
1967 Charger (360,6-pak/Auto)
2008 Challenger SRT8 BLK (6.1/Auto) 6050 of 6400

VegasCharger

Quote from: wingcar on November 06, 2018, 10:44:24 AM
Here is a '66 at this year's SEMA Show..........

Is that a rear spoiler I see on that mod '66?

wingcar

Yes....a "Go-wing" from a 1970 Charger.....
1970 Daytona Charger SE "clone" (440/Auto)
1967 Charger (360,6-pak/Auto)
2008 Challenger SRT8 BLK (6.1/Auto) 6050 of 6400

twenty mike mike

Quote from: moparfan53 on March 22, 2018, 05:43:50 PM
Accessory catalog from '68 with the vacuum gauge.

I smile to myself at the description. It is for the "economy minded motorist" and for the "speed enthusiast"   ;D

:cheers:

Not only that, but the "economy minded motorist" probably wouldn't have bought a console car, anyway. A Dart with the small 6 and rubber floor mats would be more appropriate.  :smilielol:

twenty mike mike

Quote from: A383Wing on March 22, 2018, 09:10:54 PM
Vacuum gauge was available on the Charger before 68.....

From the parts department...