News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

New 7.0ltr (aka 426cid) engine revealed at SEMA today!

Started by 2fast4u, October 30, 2018, 07:12:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

2fast4u

They finally made the late model HEMI engine officially a 426 CID aluminum block boosting 1000hp as a crate engine offered by mopar now!

it was revealed at SEMA today!

even had a video on you tube of the commercial "Something Big is Coming"!
DODGE CHARGER--Fuel for Living!

Mopar Nut

"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

Mytur Binsdirti

Bronzedodge

Yeah, I'll second that.  Adding flares to one of the most perfectly shaped bodies ever =  :eek2: :eek2: :puke:
Mopar forever!

Challenger340

Neat Engine  :2thumbs:

Anyone know how much Boost is involved at the 1,000 hp level ?
Only wimps wear Bowties !

mopar0166

The engine interests me but ill keep my charger as is.  Cant wait to see the hefty price tag on the motor,  id have to guess north of 30k.

Birdflu

The 'truck' flares on that concept are HIDEOUS!  :rotz:

If you want wide tires, section the body and get 'em under the sheetmetal!  :2thumbs:

funknut

Quote from: Challenger340 on October 31, 2018, 07:24:04 AM
Neat Engine  :2thumbs:

Anyone know how much Boost is involved at the 1,000 hp level ?

They are saying 15 lbs on 93 octane.

NCMopar

Personally, I love the aesthetics of the car, even more than the engine. We had a HC Challenger Widebody for about 7 month earlier this year. It looked fantastic in person and afforded the right amount of contact patch, that cars with much power need. My guess is that this car looks amazing in person and I would love to have it.

As for 1k HP, eh whatever. There is absolutely a break over point for street cars and it's pretty well south of 1k. I get the shock value and the marketing angle, but I wouldn't be interested in stroking a check ($30-35K?) for this engine. I decided to pull the 440 and go with a 392 crate. It'll be plenty for my bucket of bolts.

Regards,
John

JR

I'm not a purists, and don't mind modified cars at all, but I can't get past the truck flares on this car. It looks like they lifted some aftermarket flares from a ram pickup and slapped 'em on there.

Nice car otherwise.

As far as the crate engine, that's cool and all, I just can't bring myself to care about what's probably going to be a 25 thousand dollar plus crate engine. It's pretty irrelevant.

Good publicity though.
70 Charger RT top bananna /68 Charger RT triple green

70 sublime

Do not like the looks of that car
Looks too much like a 69 Camaro  :eek2:
next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

myk

Jay Leno and Tim Allen, your high dollar car has just arrived.  Everyone else, get back to work...

Ponch ®

Quote from: 70 sublime on October 31, 2018, 12:29:08 PM
Do not like the looks of that car
Looks too much like a 69 Camaro  :eek2:

I was thinking more like vintage skyline.

In any event, my  :Twocents: :

The car: I understand it must be a necessity of function (bigger brakes /wider wheels/tires, etc), but I'm with the "why mess with perfection" crowd when it comes to the 2nd gen bodies.

The engine: it's cool and all, but at what point is it just a d!ck measuring contest? Unless you're going to be racing the car on a regular basis, who even needs 1000hp? Its the reason why even the Hellcat doesn't appeal much to me...
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

Mike DC

The shop who built that SEMA Charger must have watched Fast & Furious #8. 

The movie car (below) had the severe wide-body look for practical reasons.  It was gonna run on snow/ice and had to be 4WD + huge tire footprint. 

303 Mopar

Quote from: NCMopar on October 31, 2018, 09:23:56 AM
As for 1k HP, eh whatever. There is absolutely a break over point for street cars and it's pretty well south of 1k. I get the shock value and the marketing angle, but I wouldn't be interested in stroking a check ($30-35K?) for this engine. I decided to pull the 440 and go with a 392 crate. It'll be plenty for my bucket of bolts.

:iagree:  Beyond bragging rights, 1000hp motor on the streets is insane.  The 505 stroker with 540 tq and 430 hp to the wheels in my '68 is plenty.  I also have a 392 Hemi in my '70 Cuda and love it too!
1968 Charger - 1970 Cuda - 1969 Sport Satellite Convertible

Homerr

Great, more Chargers bodies will be raped to put this motor in.

Petebell68

The original car looks much better than the afterthought that got hit by the ugly stick . That motor will end up in people's cars and will need serious modification .
Amazing engine but too much unless your going racing .

darbgnik

I don't imagine it'll fit under a stock charger hood...........
Brad

1970 Charger 500. Born a 318, AC, console auto, now 440/727
Build thread:  http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,127291.0.html

chargervert

That's why some people add Chevy cowl hoods to their Mopars,you won't see one on mine!

b5blue

So at full speed with 1K HP you can run about 12 minutes before running out of gas I'm thinking.  :cheers:  I don't care...I'm loving it! If I won the lottery I'd buy one even if I only made a coffee table out of it.  :lol:

JB400

I guess they couldn't find a better way to make a 2nd gen handle the power.  Should of used an e body