News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Vanguard Motors - Trying to corner the 2nd Generation Dodge Charger Market?

Started by chargerperson, October 28, 2018, 10:34:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Back N Black

Quote from: darbgnik on November 07, 2018, 04:38:06 AM
Quote from: alfaitalia on November 07, 2018, 01:45:33 AM
...you forgot that you also have the longest coastline of any country in the World too..! It came up in a question in our local pub quiz the other night.....I got it wrong! Sorry.

Yup, and be damned if we can't get a pipeline to any part of it for oil exports........ "social license" seems to have more stroke than our federal government here..... is the rest of the world held hostage as much to special interests as our part of the world? Talking myself out of bestest in the world with each sentence, lol.

I'm Canadian and know how you feel.

F8-4life

They are using 2nd gen chargers as internet bait for there other more crappy inventory.

69B5

I hope some of their Chargers sell for at least in the ball park of what they ask.... I looked over there inventory and those prices got me to pay what I did for my 69 RT elsewhere.....  geeezzzzz if those  never sell and they are delusional  I may be in a heap o' trouble

Maybe the owner has a soft spot for Chargers and doesn't mind seeming them walking into work

Challenger340

Quote from: 69B5 on November 27, 2018, 03:46:43 PM
I hope some of their Chargers sell for at least in the ball park of what they ask.... I looked over there inventory and those prices got me to pay what I did for my 69 RT elsewhere.....  geeezzzzz if those  never sell and they are delusional  I may be in a heap o' trouble

Maybe the owner has a soft spot for Chargers and doesn't mind seeming them walking into work

imo, Vanguard makes it hard for anyone to know what any 2nd Gen is really worth ?

I have no idea what mine is worth anymore either
I guess whatever someone is willing to pay ?
Only wimps wear Bowties !

Mytur Binsdirti

Quote from: Challenger340 on November 28, 2018, 11:06:45 AM

imo, Vanguard makes it hard for anyone to know what any 2nd Gen is really worth ?

I have no idea what mine is worth anymore either
I guess whatever someone is willing to pay ?

Agreed.

Mike DC

A car is worth whatever somebody will/won't pay for it, on the day the seller wants/needs to sell it.  No more, no less, no ifs, no ands, no buts.

69B5 - you overpaid for the car.  No doubt.  But if you ended up with a mostly complete real R/T and no big structural rust problems, then you didn't get burned as badly as some.  It's a likeable car if the dollar figure had been lower.  Plenty of guys have fixed plenty of worse condition Chargers around here.  Sometimes people get ripped off and the car they receive isn't even worth rebuilding. 

Challenger340

Quote from: Mike DC (formerly miked) on November 29, 2018, 05:52:11 AM

A car is worth whatever somebody will/won't pay for it, on the day the seller wants/needs to sell it.  No more, no less, no ifs, no ands, no buts.

Absolutely, I Agree !

That said,
IMO, I think Vanguard's speculative Pricing model, then highly marketed, has made it far more difficult for other Buyers/Sellers to accurately assess even reasonable starting points price-wise in the market well before any negotiation.

Like I said earlier...
I have NO fawking clue even where to start as a fair asking price on mine anymore ?
Thx to Vanguard in part at least, just put a dumb price and wait.
Only wimps wear Bowties !