News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Vanguard Motors - Trying to corner the 2nd Generation Dodge Charger Market?

Started by chargerperson, October 28, 2018, 10:34:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chargerperson

https://inventory.vanguardmotorsales.com/vehicles?q%5Bmake_eq%5D=Dodge&q%5Bmodel_eq%5D=Charger

They currently have 15 second generation Dodge Chargers for sale.  I can recall previously they might have 2-3 but never this many.

At their current prices, seems like they may have them for awhile. There is one car, a 1970, 318, automatic, priced at $59,900, next lowest price is $84,900.

Looks like they just had another arrive as there are no pictures.

Some seem like decent cars, just strange to see them with 15 of them for sale.  They have a total inventory of 203 cars

Birdflu

Impressive inventory! It appears they are 'owned' cars and not 'consigned' cars...

Challenger340

Impressive inventory alright, but at those prices I'd be curious to know how many they actually sell ?
Only wimps wear Bowties !

myk

All I know is if I ever have to buy another 2nd gen, well I know I won't be able to...

hemi-hampton

The red one with 318 for $59k, I like how they just painted everthing red under the hood that should not be red like caster/camber access plates, caster/camber bolts, backing plate behind brake booster ect, ect. Sign of a non mopar guy ameture restoration. Earl Scheib special. LEON.

cbrestorations

Vanguard is a typical shoot for the moon car flipper, just with a building and signs...they try to double their money on every car. A friend sold one to them off eBay for 46k and then they put it in their showroom for 90k. Plus had the balls to call and and want money back because the front upper door pads had 2 worn spots where the vent glass latch runs them.

JB400

cdr

LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

Ghoste

Given the fact they seem to keep things in inventory for a very long time, would they qualify for the delusional sellers thread?   ;)

Charger-Bodie

68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

chargerperson

Quote from: Ghoste on October 29, 2018, 11:38:22 AM
Given the fact they seem to keep things in inventory for a very long time, would they qualify for the delusional sellers thread?   ;)

They do seem overpriced for sure especially as the inventory of second generation Chargers continues to grow.  Strange way of doing business as they are tying up a lot of money in inventory by pricing the cars in this manner.  They likely have $650,000-$800,000 invested in the cars which results in significant carrying costs (cost of capital).

6pkrtse

They are local to me & do have a lot of inventory & are way over priced not sure who is paying these high prices but not for me.... They are for real & do buy & sell a lot of cars though. I have a buddy that sold his 70' Challenger to them. Their sales guy came to his house, looked the car over & gave him a check for 64G's. They then sold it for the upper 80's (I believe)!!!!.
1963 Belvedere 413 Max Wedge
1970 Charger R/T S.E. 440 sixpack.
1970 Challenger R/T Drag Radial 528 Hemi
1970 Charger 500 S.E. 440 4 BBL
1970 Road Runner 383 4 BBL
1974 Chrysler New Yorker 440 4 BBL
1996 Dodge Ram 2500 V-10 488 cu in.
2004 Dodge Ram 3500 CTD Dually 6x6
2012 Challenger R/T Classic

Petebell68

The cars seem to be selling as their inventory keeps turning . Lots of investment in that dealership .

6pkrtse

It seems everything is going overseas these days. We are not the greatest country we thing we are. Everyone else is getting rich off of us. I was watching one of the car shows (forgot which one) where they were in Dubai. Their customer had Copo cars, Hemi cars, lambo's, ferrrari's etc all sitting outside covered in a small layer of desert sand. They were shocked & asked him aren't you worried about getting them stolen? His reply was no, we do not even have a police dept. Everyone has so much money that there is no theft. If anyone decides they want or needs something we just go buy it at whatever cost it takes!!!!
1963 Belvedere 413 Max Wedge
1970 Charger R/T S.E. 440 sixpack.
1970 Challenger R/T Drag Radial 528 Hemi
1970 Charger 500 S.E. 440 4 BBL
1970 Road Runner 383 4 BBL
1974 Chrysler New Yorker 440 4 BBL
1996 Dodge Ram 2500 V-10 488 cu in.
2004 Dodge Ram 3500 CTD Dually 6x6
2012 Challenger R/T Classic

Mike DC

QuoteIt seems everything is going overseas these days. We are not the greatest country we thing we are. Everyone else is getting rich off of us. I was watching one of the car shows (forgot which one) where they were in Dubai. Their customer had Copo cars, Hemi cars, lambo's, ferrrari's etc all sitting outside covered in a small layer of desert sand. They were shocked & asked him aren't you worried about getting them stolen? His reply was no, we do not even have a police dept. Everyone has so much money that there is no theft. If anyone decides they want or needs something we just go buy it at whatever cost it takes!!!!

The USA isn't short on money, it's just very concentrated.   There are teenagers having million-dollar birthday parties these days.  The price of a classic car is pizza money to families with that kind of wealth.  They could misplace $50k and never remember it was gone.    

4cruzin

That place is less than an hour from me and still never been . . . Might as well just hand them your wallet as you walk in . . .

:o
Tomorrow is promised to NOBODY . . . .

Simonic

I'd be curious to know what you guys think of the Charger 500 they have....
Mopar owner in the UK..

white

It was for sale 2 years ago at vanguard. The video of it from 2 years ago is still on YouTube.

hemi-hampton

Quote from: Simonic on November 02, 2018, 06:04:12 PM
I'd be curious to know what you guys think of the Charger 500 they have....

Which one, they got 3 different ones :shruggy:

myk

Quote from: 6pkrtse on November 01, 2018, 12:44:44 PM
It seems everything is going overseas these days. We are not the greatest country we thing we are. Everyone else is getting rich off of us. I was watching one of the car shows (forgot which one) where they were in Dubai. Their customer had Copo cars, Hemi cars, lambo's, ferrrari's etc all sitting outside covered in a small layer of desert sand. They were shocked & asked him aren't you worried about getting them stolen? His reply was no, we do not even have a police dept. Everyone has so much money that there is no theft. If anyone decides they want or needs something we just go buy it at whatever cost it takes!!!!

WRONG.  This IS the greatest country.  If Dubai is so great, how come they didn't invent the 2nd Gen Dodge Charger, ferraris or Lambos that you speak of? Anyone who feels otherwise should pack up and move to the country of their choosing ASAP. 

alfaitalia

Everyone thinks there own country is the best.....and that's the way it should be. If you don't think that's the case, firstly its not very patriotic, secondly you want to be trying to do something about it (vote differently or get into politics where you can change stuff yourself).....if all that fails and you still think your country is not the best...then move to the one you do think IS the best!! I expect after a while there you will still want to be home! Sent from the UK....the best (small!) country in the World!!
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you !!

darbgnik

I agree, everyone should feel their country is the best, as their country in some ways molds their perceptions..... None are perfect, but you have to love them, flaws and all.

.....From the largest(land mass), coldest, bestest country in the world!

Canada(run by an apologist, globalist, drop-out snowboard instructor, with a famous father and nice hair)  :slap:
Brad

1970 Charger 500. Born a 318, AC, console auto, now 440/727
Build thread:  http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,127291.0.html

alfaitalia

...you forgot that you also have the longest coastline of any country in the World too..! It came up in a question in our local pub quiz the other night.....I got it wrong! Sorry.
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you !!

darbgnik

Quote from: alfaitalia on November 07, 2018, 01:45:33 AM
...you forgot that you also have the longest coastline of any country in the World too..! It came up in a question in our local pub quiz the other night.....I got it wrong! Sorry.

Yup, and be damned if we can't get a pipeline to any part of it for oil exports........ "social license" seems to have more stroke than our federal government here..... is the rest of the world held hostage as much to special interests as our part of the world? Talking myself out of bestest in the world with each sentence, lol.
Brad

1970 Charger 500. Born a 318, AC, console auto, now 440/727
Build thread:  http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,127291.0.html