News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Mopar Hellephant 68 Charger SEMA 2018

Started by cincyboy, November 01, 2018, 11:14:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SO what are your  thoughts on 2018 SEMA 1968 Charger Hellaphant Swap?

Love It!
I like!
LS swap is better.
I dislike!
Hate It!

DAY CLONA

Petebell68

Love the drivetrain , the body for me is a bit too Hotwheels

70 sublime

At one time i had thought about a real 426 original style motor but the $$ numbers were just to big for me
If a person was even considering the Hellephant route because they had that much cash I wonder how close you could get spending the money on a 426 build from FHO ?
next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

6pkrtse

Quote from: 70 sublime on November 01, 2018, 11:58:20 AM
At one time i had thought about a real 426 original style motor but the $$ numbers were just to big for me
If a person was even considering the Hellephant route because they had that much cash I wonder how close you could get spending the money on a 426 build from FHO ?

I have about $17,500.00 into my 528" Hemi that I scrounged & bought parts for it over several years that almost makes that much power on pump gas N/A & is still totally streetable. Only a 10.5:1 engine. Can I drive it across the country & get 20 MPG, NO! But it is what I prefer myself. Old school can be done but takes time & money to do it. Yes, this would be a drop in & go kind of plan but I can not bastardize old american muscle with the new car tech. Just my opinion. It's like all of the Chevy guys putting an LS in everything these days......
1963 Belvedere 413 Max Wedge
1970 Charger R/T S.E. 440 sixpack.
1970 Challenger R/T Drag Radial 528 Hemi
1970 Charger 500 S.E. 440 4 BBL
1970 Road Runner 383 4 BBL
1974 Chrysler New Yorker 440 4 BBL
1996 Dodge Ram 2500 V-10 488 cu in.
2004 Dodge Ram 3500 CTD Dually 6x6
2012 Challenger R/T Classic

4cruzin

I voted that I like but to stuff that in a classic street car would be crazy without some serious mods . . . Just to have a trans and rear end to keep up with that monster will be a large task . . Then talk about body flex!  Having that much horsepower is one thing . . . Getting traction on the pavement is another.   Hope you have stock in a tire store! 

:2thumbs:
Tomorrow is promised to NOBODY . . . .

VegasCharger

Exhaust running out where the OEM tail lights would've been. Now that's FN hideous!!! What a waste.

The YouTube comments are laughable. People are clueless and cloned to believe that is a nice looking Charger. :smilielol: :smilielol:

:cheers:

alfaitalia

Well, flares aside (which could have been more integrated to the fenders) and the lack of rear seats, I like it. Particularly the interior.....wish I could afford those seats!....and the one piece side windows.
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you !!

Mike DC

Did they build several 68 'Superchargers?'  

Nope.  Those are the 'Fast & Furious 8' ice Chargers from a couple years ago.  
(They were built wide to fit a 4WD conversion + big studded tires.)

- Flat medium-dark gray paint
- dechromed bumpers & body
- deleted signal lights
- 70s oval door mirror painted body color
- broad low hood addition
- missing vent windows
- wide non-blended fender flares & matching sized wheels
- low no-rake stance
- big ducktail spoiler
- 68 rearend but black '69/70 RT stripe
- similar wheels

Come on guys.
If you're gonna copy somebody else's car, at least give them credit for it.

DAY CLONA

Quote from: 6pkrtse on November 01, 2018, 12:37:12 PM
It's like all of the Chevy guys putting an LS in everything these days......

I'll tell ya, I use to knock it too, LS swaps in everything, but after currently having 2 LS powered vehicles, seeing how easy HP can be made, and affordable, as well as a host of aftermarket and factory support... I'm planning a third LS powered vehicle, plus the performance is dam impressive

Mike DC

QuoteI'll tell ya, I use to knock it too, LS swaps in everything, but after currently having 2 LS powered vehicles, seeing how easy HP can be made, and affordable, as well as a host of aftermarket and factory support... I'm planning a third LS powered vehicle, plus the performance is dam impressive

I have no sympathy for Mopar losing the retrofit market.  GM gets that business because GM lifts a finger to get it.  The modern Hemis had been around for years without decent conversion parts while GM always has that stuff ready as soon as the new motor is out.  

GM also offers mass-produced (read: cheap) aluminum blocks that save 80-100 lbs.  So does Ford.  So does every other brand on earth.  They all did it 20+ years ago.

Kern Dog

The fender flares are an obvious cut and paste job from the Challenger Demon. Those were required on the Demon because it would have been too expensive to modify the chassis of those cars to fit the bigger wheels and tires inboard. Need another clue to the connection? The Charger has a hood scoop similar to the Demon.
NASCAR 68-70 Chargers looked bad ass because they had HUGE tires stuffed inside the body. Any custom built classic Charger could have been done the same way.

BDF

The crate is grate, the car...I hate. I audibly groaned when I saw the car & couldn't finish the video.
I think it was a good idea gone horribly wrong  :shruggy:
Just opinions, of course.

JB400

Considering the fact that they wanted to use the production wheels off of the current chassis, the fender flares are a necessity.  Personally, I would of done something different.