News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Keep Cool

Started by SirNik73, May 08, 2006, 12:02:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SirNik73

OK, so California decided to skip spring this year and start summer. It's wreaking havoc on me. I live in an apartment and my roommate and I are both very cheap/poor, so turning on the AC is a weapon of last resort. I was thinking about buying one of those small swamp coolers... but I don't know if it will be cost effective. Any one got any ideas? Is there a way to keep cool and be cheap?
1973 Charger SE
1973 Charger Parts car
1968 Couger... got this one for free! and it looks like it was free :)
1983 Toyota Tercel 4x4 Daily Driver
1984 Mercedes-Benz 300SD

Doc74

Yes ! An inflatable swimming pool and lotsa ice, also handy to keep the beer cool AND very close by  :icon_smile_big:
Of all the fans I had, meaning the things that blow...no wait..oh never mind, the best ones are the ceiling fans, big blades, lotsa air and they're fairly cheap, maybe you can find one in a garage sale or something.
It's also very handy as a big slingshot but I didn't tell you that..

Btw got any headlights yet? Haven't found any yet but I'm gonna check out some places in a few days.

tin_soldier

Are you near the ocean   ::) 

or

Are you closer to the Rockys  ::)

Either way will be cooler than an apartment

mikepmcs

how about a fan and a humidifier filled with ice water, blow the fan right in front of the humidifier and it might work for a little cooler air. ???
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

Mike DC

My friend in college used to put tinfoil over his dorm windows.  It reflects the hot sunlight like with tinted car windows.

SirNik73

I like the tin foil idea.... i live across form the office... so they may not like it... but who cares.
1973 Charger SE
1973 Charger Parts car
1968 Couger... got this one for free! and it looks like it was free :)
1983 Toyota Tercel 4x4 Daily Driver
1984 Mercedes-Benz 300SD

Old Moparz

Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

dkn1997

Quote from: SirNik73 on May 08, 2006, 12:02:40 PM
so turning on the AC is a weapon of last resort.

does that imply that you HAVE a/c?  go work a shift a week washing dishes, that will more than pay for your electric bill.   

I grew up withno a/c and now that I am an adult, pay my own mortgage and bills, I would rather die a slow death than spend a summer sweating my balls off like i did in my youth. 

You can have my a/c when you pry it from my COLD [pun intended] dead hands!!!!
RECHRGED