News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

68 Charger H-Code Find

Started by norcal_68, September 26, 2018, 10:18:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

norcal_68

I'm not a new member but I have been quietly sourcing parts for my F-code roller for a few years. I came across an original owner 68 Charger california car that turned out to be a #s matching H code.  The body is very good, and car is 99 percent complete- the only things missing are rear arm rests, air cleaner and air cleaner stud and wingnut. The car is 661 with white top and interior. Vinyl top is long gone. The car has been sitting in the ol ladies garage for the last 15 years and she finally asked her son to sell it. I got it home, pulled the tank, oiled the cylinders,changed the plugs and pumped gas through a gas can, it started right up and sounded real
smooth. I just found the build sheet last night behind the seat. The plans for my roller was a 440/dana 60 but now it looks like I'm keeping this car original.

Mogre

F8-4life

Dang that's a nice original car.
Its a california dream for us rust belt guys.

You will never, never find anything that nice around here.

triple_green

66-1,  spring only, dark metallic poly green, same as F8 following years.
68 Charger 383 HP grandma car (the orignal 3X)

socalcharger

they wanted 30k firm for the car, and from what i remember driver side lower quarter had a ton of bondo on it.

norcal_68

I don't know what car you're referring to.

Quote from: socalcharger on September 26, 2018, 06:29:59 PM
they wanted 30k firm for the car, and from what i remember driver side lower quarter had a ton of bondo on it.

socalcharger

the car youve posted pics of, i was in touch with the son who was helping sell it, had the trunk pan painted a aqua turquoise color to prevent it from rusting, had a ton of bondo on driver side lower quarter panel. he was stuck on 30k firm for the price wouldnt budge off of it.

socalcharger

I was trying to buy this car last week, but the son wouldnt budge off the 30k price and then said his coworker is coming to see it the next day which im assuming was you

norcal_68

The car was listed for 24k as a 318 car, I am not his coworker so I don't know where you're getting your info. Are you the guy that tried to overbid after I already made a deal to buy it?

Quote from: socalcharger on September 26, 2018, 06:48:24 PM
I was trying to buy this car last week, but the son wouldnt budge off the 30k price and then said his coworker is coming to see it the next day which im assuming was you

socalcharger

no the guy said 30k and wouldnt go down a penny, nobody tried outbidding anyone, i told him to let me know what happened if your deal falls through. im 100% certain this is the same car. It was in elk grove near sacramento area.

norcal_68

Oneofthesedays

Wow what luck. Send some of that luck to me. Congratulations.