News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

'79 K5 Blazer project, looking for opinions & ideas

Started by Charger1973, May 07, 2006, 05:56:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charger1973

Here are some pics of my 79 Chevy Blazer.  Its a 350, 4 speed, 4x4, removable top.  Pretty sweet combo...  Very little body rust, just needs floor pans.  Anyway its been primered for a while and it just hit me last week that I wanted to paint it desert tan, similar to the army vehicles.  So today I grabbed a few cans of spray paint to see what it would look like, heres the result. (keep in mind its temporary lol) Im planning to add a roll cage, lift kit, and possibly some hard plastic racing type seats with harnesses, also the inside will be coating in that spray on bedliner. 

Im still in the planning stage, so any input or other ideas would be great.

original paint

primered

flat tan spray paint

Silver R/T

http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

mikepmcs

that's pretty darn nice if you did it rattlecan, my buddy painted my plowtruck camo and he did a sweet job with spray, cut out stencils of trees and stuff, i say you paint it camo.  here's a pic of my plow truck in the background, wish i could show you the artwork on the bottom half.
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

Darkness

73ChargerSE

I have that same shift handle in my '47 GMC.  Looks good that color

Charger1973

Thanks. I like it alot better this way.  This is definately the color for it.  Now I just need to finish the bodywork and get it painted.