News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Garage man cave - HEMI Heads Q

Started by Daytona Guy, September 20, 2018, 10:08:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daytona Guy

I'm building a new house. I want to make an ultimate MOPAR Man cave. I want a HEMI in the corner. I think think my idea will work - I can't put a real HEMI in the corner, but I do have a 440, that I can bolt on two trashed aluminum blown and no good heads, mount a duel quad intake with two eddelbocks that I have that don't run well. Is it possible to find a set of HEMI heads that sucked a valve are are not worth a hoot?

This cave with have 4 wheels and tires mounted on the wall that I had in high school with picture of my cars. A big mopar M over my 70" TV, and of course - my Daytona as the show case. I'm open to any ideas...

Dane

JB400

Bolt up a pistol grip shifter handle to your recliner

Mike DC

That mockup engine is a good idea.  It would still seem pretty real to the touch with all the external stuff.  Real valvecovers, headers, carbs, pulleys, etc. 

The fact that it's so much lighter weight would allow for a cheaper/lighter engine stand.  And it just seems safer in general - not having 400+ pounds suspended several feet above the floor.   

Daytona Guy

UFO

Real valve covers would help.

chargervert

I have this for my man cave.

chargervert

chargervert

chargervert

A mock up block would be the way to go,it would be much easier to move around.  My friend made a coffee table out of his grenaded Indy aluminum Hemi engine from his race car. He used the metal frame that comes with crate Hemi engines, and put casters on it.  He put a Lexan top on it.

6pkrtse

I have a spare Keith Black aluminum Hemi on a engine stand in the corner of my racement (basement).
1963 Belvedere 413 Max Wedge
1970 Charger R/T S.E. 440 sixpack.
1970 Challenger R/T Drag Radial 528 Hemi
1970 Charger 500 S.E. 440 4 BBL
1970 Road Runner 383 4 BBL
1974 Chrysler New Yorker 440 4 BBL
1996 Dodge Ram 2500 V-10 488 cu in.
2004 Dodge Ram 3500 CTD Dually 6x6
2012 Challenger R/T Classic

Godsmack635

I build custom kegerators.    I've done a few Seahawks ones and my own Mopar kegerator.  One could always go with a pistol grip tap handle for your favorite beer.  Motion sensor and LED lights as well.  Look forward to seeing your progress on this man cave.

Ponch ®

Quote from: Godsmack635 on September 25, 2018, 03:21:19 PM
I build custom kegerators.    I've done a few Seahawks ones and my own Mopar kegerator.  One could always go with a pistol grip tap handle for your favorite beer.  Motion sensor and LED lights as well.  Look forward to seeing your progress on this man cave.

Isn't there a company that sells the pistol grip tap handles? Or am I imagining things?
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

Ponch ®

"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

RiverRaider

Have you thought of cutting the block in half?  One junk head is a lot easier to come by.  Half a Hemi sticking out of the wall would take less space. Or you could make a 3d wall art Gasser with half the hemi, header, half tires and wheels sticking out from the wall and have a sign shop print the rest of the car as a decal for the wall.   
My first Charger was a Stock Car.

Godsmack635

Quote from: Ponch ® on September 25, 2018, 04:53:42 PM

Isn't there a company that sells the pistol grip tap handles? Or am I imagining things?

The ones I've seen online are actual guns.  I haven't seen a mopar wood grain pistol grip tap handle yet. 

Charger_Fan

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

timmycharger

Quote from: Godsmack635 on September 26, 2018, 03:27:10 PM
Quote from: Ponch ® on September 25, 2018, 04:53:42 PM

The ones I've seen online are actual guns.  I haven't seen a mopar wood grain pistol grip tap handle yet. 

I saw others in the past but this popped up..

https://www.etsy.com/market/mopar_pistol_grip

Godsmack635

Yes I've seen these I probably should have been more specific about using one with a curved  shifter arm attached to it.  The ones from the link you posted would definitely work

69rtse4spd

Quote from: chargervert on September 22, 2018, 10:12:27 AM
More

Nice, need to set up a smoke machine & have the smoke come out the exhaust tips.