News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

I’m Chargerless

Started by RECHRGD, September 08, 2018, 04:55:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RECHRGD

Sold the Charger today.  It's been a great 21 years, but time to move on.  I'll still lurk here for awhile if you don't mind......
13.53 @ 105.32

69rtse4spd

Lurk all you want, the itch will come back, someday.

JB400

Once a brother Charger owner, always a brother Charger owner. :cheers:

8WHEELER

Wow Bob that's to bad, I was thinking of you with the yellow 68 that just sold on ebay. You had some good times in that car. I will always remember having fun at the Oak Harbor Charger meet, we tested the throttle return spring in our cars many times   ;D ;D ;D, you still have good times like that to look back on.

Dan 
74 Dart Sport 360, just for added fun.

Dino

Don't be a stranger, no matter what car you drive!
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

alfaitalia

......so what are you replacing her with???? .....another classic, a new car.....or is cash needed elsewhere....I can totally relate to the last one by the way!!! LOL!
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you !!

RECHRGD

I've had over twenty years of fun with that car and great memories to go with it.  But, at 70, the fun hobby had turned into a chore.  Better to turn it over to someone younger that has the enthusiasm needed.  I think I'll just use the money for a nice long 50th anniversary trip somewhere in a couple of years.....
13.53 @ 105.32

Just 6T9 CHGR

Good luck in the future Bob.  :cheers: 
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

RECHRGD

13.53 @ 105.32

RECHRGD

Quote from: 8WHEELER on September 08, 2018, 10:58:56 PM
Wow Bob that's to bad, I was thinking of you with the yellow 68 that just sold on ebay. You had some good times in that car. I will always remember having fun at the Oak Harbor Charger meet, we tested the throttle return spring in our cars many times   ;D ;D ;D, you still have good times like that to look back on.

Dan  

Yes Dan, Oak Harbor was a fun trip amongst many others.  That car will always have a special place in my heart, but I take solace in that it now will provide the same joy to a younger person for decades to come.......
Hope you're doing well.
13.53 @ 105.32

bakerhillpins

Quote from: RECHRGD on September 09, 2018, 11:28:43 AM
I've had over twenty years of fun with that car and great memories to go with it.  But, at 70, the fun hobby had turned into a chore.  Better to turn it over to someone younger that has the enthusiasm needed.  I think I'll just use the money for a nice long 50th anniversary trip somewhere in a couple of years.....

No harm in that, in fact that sounds like a great use of the money. Certainly don't be a stranger.  :2thumbs:
One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

Back N Black

Someone got a hell of a nice Charger.  :2thumbs:

charger_fan_4ever

Did you post it up for sale or had a buyer waiting and just needed to make a phone call ?

chargervert

While I hate to see a Charger go,Bob had the right idea, by cutting it loose now. The market has never been better for selling a Charger, and who knows how much longer it will last. I  hope that you did well on the car, and you enjoyed the times you had with the car.  I have started to downsize my collection, and my most valuable Charger will be the next to go.  My retirement plan was changed by crooked politicians, and I am realizing that the time I thought I was going to have to restore these cars is not there anymore, so I  will pass them on to someone who will get them restored!  Good luck Bob,enjoy the times yet to come!

RECHRGD

Quote from: charger_fan_4ever on September 10, 2018, 11:05:24 AM
Did you post it up for sale or had a buyer waiting and just needed to make a phone call ?

Never had it officially for sale.  But, there is no shortage of buyers out there.
13.53 @ 105.32

RECHRGD

Quote from: chargervert on September 10, 2018, 03:06:35 PM
While I hate to see a Charger go,Bob had the right idea, by cutting it loose now. The market has never been better for selling a Charger, and who knows how much longer it will last. I  hope that you did well on the car, and you enjoyed the times you had with the car.  I have started to downsize my collection, and my most valuable Charger will be the next to go.  My retirement plan was changed by crooked politicians, and I am realizing that the time I thought I was going to have to restore these cars is not there anymore, so I  will pass them on to someone who will get them restored!  Good luck Bob,enjoy the times yet to come!
:2thumbs:

13.53 @ 105.32

BDF

Wow. I wonder how I'll feel when I hand mine down...
I'm glad someone will be enjoying yours.

moparstuart

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

RECHRGD

13.53 @ 105.32

Ghoste

Best to you Bob.  Never thought I would see you make a post like this but you gotta do what makes you happy right?

69charger2002

Wow shocking to see you sold it. Long time member and car ive seen on here for many years. Best to you Bob :)
i live in CHARGERLAND.. visitors welcome. 166 total, 7 still around      

http://charger01foster.tripod.com/

RECHRGD

Quote from: Ghoste on September 13, 2018, 08:13:07 AM
Best to you Bob.  Never thought I would see you make a post like this but you gotta do what makes you happy right?
Quote from: 69charger2002 on September 20, 2018, 09:07:16 PM
Wow shocking to see you sold it. Long time member and car ive seen on here for many years. Best to you Bob :)

:2thumbs: :2thumbs:
13.53 @ 105.32

6pkrtse

I couldn't imagine life without a Charger. I have always had at least one Charger since I was 15 years old (32 years now). I have had several others along the way but always keep my red Charger as the driver.
1963 Belvedere 413 Max Wedge
1970 Charger R/T S.E. 440 sixpack.
1970 Challenger R/T Drag Radial 528 Hemi
1970 Charger 500 S.E. 440 4 BBL
1970 Road Runner 383 4 BBL
1974 Chrysler New Yorker 440 4 BBL
1996 Dodge Ram 2500 V-10 488 cu in.
2004 Dodge Ram 3500 CTD Dually 6x6
2012 Challenger R/T Classic