News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

My Car's Dead

Started by Darkness, May 06, 2006, 07:36:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darkness

Okay so the other day I'm trying to rewire my car. Anyways, the previous owner or guy before him had made a mess of the car's wiring. Now, I'm trying to put it to the way it should be. Well anyways, I grounded a wire that I thought was a ground wire but, should of been on the starter relay on the s-terminal. Everything else was there except another read wire that has been spliced in and not sure what the heck it even does? Anyways, I start the car up and the ammeter is going crazy. I let it run just for a few seconds. Then, I shut it off.
I disconnect the battery cables and come back in a day. I go to hook up the battery cables and I open the door. I notice I don't have an interior dome light funny I say. Anyways, I stick the key in the ignition and turn to the on position. Still got nothing so I'm like what the heck. Now, I check the battery it and was around 11.8 volts so it's somewhat good. I check the fuses and they're all good. I replaced the starter relay. Tried another voltage regulator and got nothing. I don't see any melting or scoring on the wire but, I'm wondering if its just my amp gauge decided to go bye bye and that's why I've got nothing? Someone please help.    :smilie_help:

71_deputy

check the fusable link by the starter relay, bulkhead connections and then look at the amp gauge( when you take out the dash- disconnect the battery!! )
1971 Deputy Challenger 383 4bbl-- 1 of 2 made!!
1967 Charger 440/auto
1973 Road Runner 340/4 speed
2000 1500 Ram Van

Blown70

Quote from: 71_deputy on May 06, 2006, 08:30:17 AM
check the fusable link by the starter relay, bulkhead connections and then look at the amp gauge( when you take out the dash- disconnect the battery!! )

Good advice.

Darkness

It was a fusible link that runs down from the starter to relay. Luckily I had a spare and put the old positive cable back on. Fired right up.

71_deputy

1971 Deputy Challenger 383 4bbl-- 1 of 2 made!!
1967 Charger 440/auto
1973 Road Runner 340/4 speed
2000 1500 Ram Van