News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

68 charger radio mount

Started by 400sforever, July 28, 2018, 08:42:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

400sforever

I'm having a hard time finding a radio mount support for my original type radio in my 68 charger. Anyone know I can get one?
1974 dodge charger se 512 cubic inches, 3.91 suregrip

Lennard

Radio mount support?  Never seen one in a second generation Charger. The radio is supported by the dash frame.

400sforever

It my first one. .ive been a 3rd gen guy. .does the back of the radio just bolt to the dash frame? My radio was missing when I got the car

Lennard

There is a vertical piece of dash frame behind the radio opening where your radio is held in place with a bolt that screws into the back of your radio.  Then there are 2 bolts on the front and that's it.

400sforever

Perfect, thanks I've got it now

Lennard

VegasCharger

Quote from: Lennard on July 28, 2018, 09:15:50 PM
There is a vertical piece of dash frame behind the radio opening where your radio is held in place with a bolt that screws into the back of your radio.  Then there are 2 bolts on the front and that's it.

:iagree:

400sforever

Thanks for the pictures. .evidently there must be a radio mounting difference between 68 and 69 chargers? My 68 mount for the radio under the dash is flat. It does not have a 90 degree twist on it like the above pictures. The radio I have that was just in the trunk when I got the car has the mounting stud on the side of it, not on the back. Evidently dodge must have had all kinds of radios in 68 and 69. I will post some pics

400sforever

heres the radio that was in the trunk.. had a piece of tape on it that said 68 Chrysler but obviously says dodge on the faceplate

400sforever

radio side mount

400sforever

rear dash mount in my 68 charger

400sforever

am I right by stating that the radios and mounts are evidently year specific to 68 and 69? and evidently between a, b and c bodies since I have encountered a screwy side mounting radio?

UFO

I don't think that is a charger radio you got. The extra trim above the dial does not look right.

Lennard

That is not a second generation Charger radio.

400sforever

Ya it must be out of something else. .still looks like 68 and 69 rear dash mounts are different. .looks like a guy would have to bend the little radio mounting tab on the radio itself depending on what year you have

Lennard

I have a 68 and a 69 charger radio here and they both mount the same. The mounting tab is on the right rear of the radio with the threated stud pointing towards the engine bay.

68 RT

You have a c body radio. I may have an AM radio and faceplate from my 68 if interested let me know and I will get back with you.

Bronzedodge

X2 on the C body radio.  Maybe it is from a Chrysler.  Definitely not B body.
Mopar forever!