News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

RT + SE - How to Verify

Started by RallyeMike, July 17, 2018, 07:46:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RallyeMike

Since XS29 is RT and XP29 is SE, if a 69 Charger is marketed as an RT/SE, what would I be looking for on the fender tag?

Thanks.

1969 Charger 500 #232008
1972 Charger, Grand Sport #41
1973 Charger "T/A"

Drive as fast as you want to on a public road! Click here for info: http://www.sscc.us/

70DarkTan500

XS29 denotes the car is an R/T but for 1969, XP29 simply denotes that it is a base model Charger. It doesn't tell you whether it is an SE or not. Look on the fender tag for the A47 code to verify that it is an SE (Special Edition). An RT/SE should have a VIN that starts with XS29 and have A47 on the fender tag. Someone please correct me if i'm wrong.  :2thumbs:

XS29L9Bxxxxxx

A47 is correct for the SE package / Option

Challenger340

Yep, that's what our R/T SE says, begins the VIN with XS29 and the A47 Code on the Fender Tag.
Only wimps wear Bowties !

RallyeMike

1969 Charger 500 #232008
1972 Charger, Grand Sport #41
1973 Charger "T/A"

Drive as fast as you want to on a public road! Click here for info: http://www.sscc.us/

Challenger340

A little off topic here maybe ?

But given the seeming abundance these days of "re-pop" FAKE Fender Tags ?
I'm wondering if there are only common Fender Tag codes also "typically" seen on R/T SE Cars beyond just the "A47" by itself ?
I mean I know the A47 is the stand alone "Special Edition" designator, just say'in I don't recall ever seeing an R/T SE that didn't also have the A01 Light Pkg code as well right beside the A47, or for that matter I dunno how many NON "V1*"  Vinyl Roof R/T SE's I've seen ?
Only wimps wear Bowties !

hemigeno

Quote from: Challenger340 on July 17, 2018, 01:01:55 PM
I'm wondering if there are only common Fender Tag codes also "typically" seen on R/T SE Cars beyond just the "A47" by itself ?

Should have:

A01   Light Package
L31   Hood-mounted Turn Signals
CR_   Leather seat inserts, color will be either Blue (D); Green (G); Tan (T) or Black (X)... Red & White interiors were not available with the SE

Chad L. Magee

The 1969 Charger RT/SE body shell that I bought off of ebay back in 2006 had those options on the fender tag.  I think I paid $900 for it back then.  It was a 440-4bbl. version, console auto version in T3, vinyl top and tan interior (if memory serves me right).  Unfortunately, the VIN tag was MIA along with the dash (long story).  It was stored up on oil drums on a farm in rural eastern Kansas, so it was not rusted out.  I later traded that car body to a good friend, with the option to buy/trade it back someday.  He was going to fix it from parts from his 318 parts car that had been hit by a tornado (mostly rear body damage)....
Ph.D. Metallocene Chemist......

XS29LA47V21

I mean I know the A47 is the stand alone "Special Edition" designator, just say'in I don't recall ever seeing an R/T SE that didn't also have the A01 Light Pkg code as well right beside the A47, or for that matter I dunno how many NON "V1*"  Vinyl Roof R/T SE's I've seen ?

I hear you.....
Seen a couple vinyl top delete RTSEs but that is pretty rare.  To see any Charger being a vinyl top delete for that matter is pretty rare...

As another thought.  Little back in a hole... but.....  I would also share that the SE emblem sail panel holes are very close together compared with Charger emblem...   The logistics of filling those holes from both sides and not leaving some witness marks on the inside is pretty unlikely.  Lots of efforts I mean or full 1/4 replacement.   So I see generally speaking the fender tag, build sheet denoting A47 and deep in a hole looking on the back on the inside of the sail panel are spots I check out.  Obviously feels good to see the minimum base SE options on the car too, like lighting package, leather seats, wood grain, etc   (Sure like them 69RTSEs....)

Wingnut426

I know you guys are talking R/Ts with A47, just wanted to mention the handful of Daytonas with A47, no  vinyl tops.  Daytonas are basically R/Ts.   :Twocents:
HEMI Daytona Convertible

69CoronetRT

Quote from: XS29LA47V21 on July 17, 2018, 09:17:31 PM

You can't delete something that wasn't standard.
I hear you.....
Seen a couple vinyl top delete RTSEs but that is pretty rare.  To see any Charger being a vinyl top delete for that matter is pretty rare...

As another thought.  Little back in a hole... but.....  I would also share that the SE emblem sail panel holes are very close together compared with Charger emblem...   The logistics of filling those holes from both sides and not leaving some witness marks on the inside is pretty unlikely.  Lots of efforts I mean or full 1/4 replacement.   So I see generally speaking the fender tag, build sheet denoting A47 and deep in a hole looking on the back on the inside of the sail panel are spots I check out.  Obviously feels good to see the minimum base SE options on the car too, like lighting package, leather seats, wood grain, etc   (Sure like them 69RTSEs....)

Seeking information on '69 St. Louis plant VINs, SPDs and VONs. Buld sheets and tag pictures appreciated. Over 3,000 on file thanks to people like you.