News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Nooooooooooooooooooo!

Started by Sean, July 16, 2018, 04:02:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Moparpoolman

You knew the car was going to Carlisle with a for sale sign on it, what did you think was going to happen?  :brickwall:  You should of bought it before it went.  The seller/owner of the car doesn't owe you any more explanation, for whatever reason it's not for sale anymore.  Sounds like the deal is never going to happen, time to look for another car. Hopefully Lesson learned, You Snooze You Loose:shruggy:

Sean

Quote from: Moparpoolman on July 18, 2018, 06:43:13 AM
You knew the car was going to Carlisle with a for sale sign on it, what did you think was going to happen?  :brickwall:  You should of bought it before it went.  The seller/owner of the car doesn't owe you any more explanation, for whatever reason it's not for sale anymore.  Sounds like the deal is never going to happen, time to look for another car. Hopefully Lesson learned, You Snooze You Loose.  :shruggy:

That wasn't the case. Deal was done and agreed upon before it went to Carlisle. Seller told me it was going up there just to be on display.

DAY CLONA

Quote from: Sean on July 18, 2018, 08:22:00 AM
You knew the car was going to Carlisle with a for sale sign on it, what did you think was going to happen?  :brickwall:  You should of bought it before it went.  The seller/owner of the car doesn't owe you any more explanation, for whatever reason it's not for sale anymore.  Sounds like the deal is never going to happen, time to look for another car. Hopefully Lesson learned, You Snooze You Loose.  :shruggy:

That wasn't the case. Deal was done and agreed upon before it went to Carlisle. Seller told me it was going up there just to be on display.

"Deal was done and agreed upon"....if it was just a "gentleman's agreement/hand shake" and no actual deposit was laid down from you, the seller may have said the car was sold to interested parties while on "display", and all it took was an offer/deposit of more to change his mind.... :scratchchin:

Ponch ®

Quote from: DAY CLONA on July 18, 2018, 11:27:01 AM
Quote from: Sean on July 18, 2018, 08:22:00 AM

"Deal was done and agreed upon"....if it was just a "gentleman's agreement/hand shake" and no actual deposit was laid down from you, the seller may have said the car was sold to interested parties while on "display", and all it took was an offer/deposit of more to change his mind.... :scratchchin:

It's still a contract, and sounds like OP spent $ on plane tickets and probably a couple of other things in reliance of getting the car.

As far as the accident explanation...
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

chargervert

For 18k, I would deliver my 73 Charger to your door, providing the money is in my account before I go.

Ponch ®

Ponchstradamus says:

New Thread sometime in the next week or two: "New Guy here, just got a 73 Charger Rallye I picked up at Carlisle"
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

69 OUR/TEA

Him telling you " on display " was BS, I seen the car ( if it the same one ) , 73 , GY9 , 400 , 4speed ? Parked right behind a green 72 Rallye 440 Charger for those who were there and saw it ? It had a for sale sign on it when I saw it .  :Twocents:

DAY CLONA

Quote from: 69 OUR/TEA on July 18, 2018, 03:00:13 PM
Him telling you " on display " was BS, I seen the car ( if it the same one ) , 73 , GY9 , 400 , 4speed ? Parked right behind a green 72 Rallye 440 Charger for those who were there and saw it ? It had a for sale sign on it when I saw it .  :Twocents:

This one....

EccentricMagpies

It does seem odd to have a buyer (OP) committed to buy the car and still advertise it for sale at a car show.
'74 Rallye 4spd (WH23L4) (1 of 94)
'74 Rallye Auto (WH23L4) (quad black)
'69 Swinger 340 - 4spd
'70 Duster 340 - 4spd

Mytur Binsdirti

Quote from: EccentricMagpies on July 18, 2018, 03:35:12 PM
It does seem odd to have a buyer (OP) committed to buy the car and still advertise it for sale at a car show.

We are not privy to the details, but why shouldn't he still advertise it? I recently had a car advertised for sale and in a period of three weeks, two different people had told me that they'd buy it, but after each verbally committed, I never heard from either one again. You never know who you are dealing with and there's no sale until funds are exchanged.

69 OUR/TEA

Quote from: DAY CLONA on July 18, 2018, 03:32:47 PM
Quote from: 69 OUR/TEA on July 18, 2018, 03:00:13 PM

This one....

Yes !!! The car behind it was a 72 Rallye 440 4speed , super nice !!!! @ $34k obo .

EccentricMagpies

Quote from: Mytur Binsdirti on July 18, 2018, 03:45:08 PM

We are not privy to the details, but why shouldn't he still advertise it? I recently had a car advertised for sale and in a period of three weeks, two different people had told me that they'd buy it, but after each verbally committed, I never heard from either one again. You never know who you are dealing with and there's no sale until funds are exchanged.

You're right.  Sean does mention he is thinking of buying in this thread.

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,133016.0.html
'74 Rallye 4spd (WH23L4) (1 of 94)
'74 Rallye Auto (WH23L4) (quad black)
'69 Swinger 340 - 4spd
'70 Duster 340 - 4spd

Ponch ®

IDK, the OP is somewhat ambiguous as to whether they already had a deal (be it handshake or formal) for the car, or whether he was flying up to the seller to check out the car and then strike a deal.

70 sublime

Need to see some pictures of a bent car will put this all to rest
If seller will not send pictures then maybe it never got bent  :shruggy:
next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

Dragon Slayer

Who sells a car and then pays to send it to Carlisle and back just to display it?  When it is a $18K car.  In the end this is not a contract, just an agreement until a deposit is put down.  Seems weird.  And no one is turning down cash in hand to sell a car versus a verbal agreement from out of town. 

Ponch ®

Quote from: Dragon Slayer on July 18, 2018, 06:48:58 PM
In the end this is not a contract

Actually, it would be a contract if they had some sort of agreement, regardless of the deposit.

Moparpoolman

Quote from: Sean on July 16, 2018, 04:02:15 PM
:'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

I was buying my plane ticket tonight to fly up and pickup the 73 Charger Rallye I was planning on buying and the seller just called me and said the auto transportation company that was transporting it back from Carlisle was involved in an accident and the car sustained damage. UGH! Waiting to get pics from the seller but at this point it may not happen. Sorry just had to vent.
"I was planning on buying" Doesn't sound like a deal was made, How much of a deposit does the seller have of yours?  Sounds like a pay pal deposit would have solved this dilemma.  Also, In the picture Dayclona posted you can see the paper in the windshield that showed the $18k asking price, too bad the paper wasn't a better shot so we could all read it.

Sean

Quote from: chargervert on July 18, 2018, 01:14:16 PM
For 18k, I would deliver my 73 Charger to your door, providing the money is in my account before I go.

Details on your Charger?

Sean

Quote from: Ponch ® on July 18, 2018, 01:15:44 PM
Ponchstradamus says:

New Thread sometime in the next week or two: "New Guy here, just got a 73 Charger Rallye I picked up at Carlisle"

Yep... Probably... Smh

Sean

Quote from: Ponch ® on July 18, 2018, 05:13:36 PM

IDK, the OP is somewhat ambiguous as to whether they already had a deal (be it handshake or formal) for the car, or whether he was flying up to the seller to check out the car and then strike a deal.

Nothing ambiguous, we had a deal.

Sean

Quote from: 70 sublime on July 18, 2018, 06:37:34 PM

Seller still hasn't sent pics of damage

JB400

It's still early, and everything is speculative at the moment. 

hemi-hampton

When I was trying to sell my car I had so many people say they wanted it & was buying it & all of them, about 30 people all just gave me the runaround & wasted my time. The stories I could tell you defy comprehension. Until you have cash in your hand a verbal agreement means nothing but hot air. LEON.

Kern Dog

I think that some people may actually intend to buy but just haven't thought things through fully......THEN they realize that they can't raise the money, the Wife finds out, they find another car they like more, etc.
I do give some people a little consideration but when I advertise a car, I want to SELL it, NOT meet new people and make new buddies.

Ponch ®

Quote from: Sean on July 18, 2018, 09:00:34 PM
Quote from: 70 sublime on July 18, 2018, 06:37:34 PM

Seller still hasn't sent pics of damage