News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Nooooooooooooooooooo!

Started by Sean, July 16, 2018, 04:02:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sean

:'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

I was buying my plane ticket tonight to fly up and pickup the 73 Charger Rallye I was planning on buying and the seller just called me and said the auto transportation company that was transporting it back from Carlisle was involved in an accident and the car sustained damage. UGH! Waiting to get pics from the seller but at this point it may not happen. Sorry just had to vent.

Ponch ®

Quote from: Sean on July 16, 2018, 04:02:15 PM

I was buying my plane ticket tonight to fly up and pickup the 73 Charger Rallye I was planning on buying and the seller just called me and said the auto transportation company that was transporting it back from Carlisle was involved in an accident and the car sustained damage. UGH! Waiting to get pics from the seller but at this point it may not happen. Sorry just had to vent.

Sounds rather fortuitous. I'd definitely ask for pics...maybe offer to still buy it for less.

IDK - maybe I'm too cynical and don't trust people, but its not impossible that someone made him a better offer while at Carlisle, and now the "accident".
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

Sean

Quote from: Ponch ® on July 16, 2018, 04:04:49 PM

Sounds rather fortuitous. I'd definitely ask for pics...maybe offer to still buy it for less.

IDK - maybe I'm too cynical and don't trust people, but its not impossible that someone made him a better offer while at Carlisle, and now the "accident".

Oh wow, never thought of that. Man I hope he didn't go back on his word.

Sean

If it actually was damaged, how much damage would you accept before walking away?

hemi-hampton

Tell him no problem, you'll just buy it Damaged & fix it. LEON.

Sean

Quote from: hemi-hampton on July 16, 2018, 04:31:14 PM
Tell him no problem, you'll just buy it Damaged & fix it. LEON.

OK so apparently it was on the bottom of the car haulers trailer and the car above came down and caved in the roof of the Charger and busted all the glass out. How extensive a repair is that?

Birdflu

Got pic's? Roof can be cut off and replaced, or even 'pushed' back into place. Glass pops fairly easy once the hole is distorted. Did the car above hit it square or off to the side?

Sean

Quote from: Birdflu on July 16, 2018, 07:02:39 PM
Got pic's? Roof can be cut off and replaced, or even 'pushed' back into place. Glass pops fairly easy once the hole is distorted. Did the car above hit it square or off to the side?

He said square, but I'm waiting on pics.

70 sublime

Depends why you wanted this car in the first place
Was this a neat car and original condition why you wanted it ?
Will not be original any more

Or were you looking for this particular motor and transmission set up and this is the only one you came across ?

Seller should have insurance on the car so they will make out OK I would guess

Might not be worth the troubles now 
next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

Sean

New update, the top deck came down and crushed the right roof/pillar, waiting on pics

hemi-hampton

Don't sound good & could be Severe, Being in the car repair Business & fixing brand new Chryslers cars Damaged in transport right after leaving factory I've seen this same damage many times. It can buckle & bulge the sides of the car out of proportion & very hard to fix if hit to hard. LEON.

Ponch ®

Quote from: Sean on July 16, 2018, 04:08:42 PM

If it actually was damaged, how much damage would you accept before walking away?

I dunno. As its been said, it would depend on how badly or why you want that particular car and the extent of the damage. You were told that the car "sustained damage", which could mean anything from a dented door or bumper to the type of damage that allegedly happened. So it's a want-cost-benefit analysis.
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

JB400

Insurance will fix it or replace it regardless.  Was the seller shipping it to you?

Mike DC

QuoteDon't sound good & could be Severe, Being in the car repair Business & fixing brand new Chryslers cars Damaged in transport right after leaving factory I've seen this same damage many times. It can buckle & bulge the sides of the car out of proportion & very hard to fix if hit to hard. LEON

That's what occurs to me here.  The damage might go way beyond the roof/pillar structure.  

spfury

Build the first Convertible Charger Rallye out of it...

Mytur Binsdirti

If it hasn't been paid for yet, personally, I'd pass. If the roof was caved in enough to shatter (some) windows, you don't want it.

Sean

Quote from: JB400 on July 16, 2018, 10:50:09 PM
Insurance will fix it or replace it regardless.  Was the seller shipping it to you?

No, thankfully. The seller had it on display at Carlisle, it was coming back to his residence from Carlisle when it happened. I was set to fly up in a couple of days and pay for it.

Ponch ®

I'd still tell the seller..

tan top

awww noo  bummer :brickwall: :flame:  sorry to hear this  ,
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

John_Kunkel

I would think the carrier's insurance would repair it good as new. Even without the incident, you never know what structural repairs have been made in the past.
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

Daytona R/T SE

Quote from: Mytur Binsdirti on July 17, 2018, 09:50:21 AM
If it hasn't been paid for yet, personally, I'd pass. If the roof was caved in enough to shatter (some) windows, you don't want it.

:iagree:

RUN AWAY !!!

Moparpoolman

Quote from: Sean on July 17, 2018, 12:09:52 PM

No, thankfully. The seller had it on display at Carlisle, it was coming back to his residence from Carlisle when it happened. I was set to fly up in a couple of days and pay for it.
This car was in the For Sale section at Carlisle with a sign for $18,000 on the windshield, Is that what on display means?  I thought is was a cool car and a good price, if I was looking for another car I probably would of bought it.  You should have went to Carlisle to buy it and enjoy the rest of the show even if you didn't buy it.

Ponch ®

Quote from: Moparpoolman on July 17, 2018, 05:06:21 PM

This car was in the For Sale section at Carlisle with a sign for $18,000 on the windshield, Is that what on display means?  I thought is was a cool car and a good price, if I was looking for another car I probably would of bought it.  You should have went to Carlisle to buy it and enjoy the rest of the show even if you didn't buy it.

I don't know, but I'm starting to suspect that the seller's explanation of "the car above came down and caved in the roof of the Charger and busted all the glass out" means "someone offered the 18K on the spot so, as they saying goes, a bird in the hand..."

Sean

Quote from: Moparpoolman on July 17, 2018, 05:06:21 PM
Insurance will fix it or replace it regardless.  Was the seller shipping it to you?

This car was in the For Sale section at Carlisle with a sign for $18,000 on the windshield, Is that what on display means?  I thought is was a cool car and a good price, if I was looking for another car I probably would of bought it.  You should have went to Carlisle to buy it and enjoy the rest of the show even if you didn't buy it.

Sister in law was getting married, no way I'm missing my wife's sister's wedding, I'd hear about it the rest of my life.

Fingers crossed.

hemi-hampton

Tell him you wanta see pics of the Damage. That should help clear things up & answer lots of Questions. LEON. :shruggy: :scratchchin: