News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Graveyard Carz - My Son is Hired

Started by Daytona Guy, June 30, 2018, 12:39:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

67440chrg

moparstuart

Quote from: Charger-Bodie on June 30, 2018, 03:07:50 PM
Quote from: 70B5Cuda on June 30, 2018, 03:05:46 PM
Just yesterday I saw that Dave Rhea will no longer be working at GYC due "unfortunate circumstances". Instead he will be breaking off on his own. It's too bad. I liked Dave.

He will do fine on his own.
He's better off , away from there
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

F8-4life

Random thought/question..how would they insure their property and back lot.
They have wing cars setting back there along with a bunch of other high dollar cars and they seem rather undeterred about it?

moparstuart

Quote from: F8-4life on July 02, 2018, 01:34:31 PM
They have wing cars setting back there along with a bunch of other high dollar cars and they seem rather undeterred about it?
that has always scared me about that place , not only is your car exposed , to more damage and corrosion and what not . Its most likely a parts car for what ever other car is being restored before it .
  NO THANK U     

John_Kunkel

Quote from: Kern Dog on July 01, 2018, 01:11:19 AM
Quote from: MrBrown562 on June 30, 2018, 11:02:34 PM
DB Restorations, David Rea facebook and instagram.

Thanks. I don't "do" those last two things.   :hah:

Me neither but you don't need to be a member to find his info.

https://www.facebook.com/dbrestorations.llc/
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

Derwud

First, the site is pretty secure.. Much better then his old place.

I like David and wish him well. I am curious what happened and why there was no non-compete clause in his contract. He is just down the road from Graveyard Carz..

Best of luck to both of them..

Oh, and congrats to your Son.
1970 Dodge Charger R/T.. Owned since 1981

RCCthatsme

:2thumbs:

That said, do they actually have an inventory of cars they sell?  I've not been able to locate a website (other than to buy t-shirts, and crap like that).

tan top

Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

Birdflu

Congrats to your son! Hope he enjoys it there!

66FBCharger

'69 Charger R/T 440 4 speed T5, '70 Road Runner 440+6 4 speed, '73 'Cuda 340 4 speed, '66 Charger 383 Auto
SOLD!:'69 Charger R/T S.E. 440 4 speed 3.54 Dana rolling body

72Charger72

68RT440

Congratulations! I live in Ohio and my wife's family lives in Washington state. They live about 3 hours away from GC and we are going out there to visit next spring...I'm thinking about making a trip down that way to check out the shop...it may be my only opportunity
1968 Charger R/T, matching numbers 440/727, black with green top and interior, currently getting restored by me

charger chris

Quote from: moparstuart on July 02, 2018, 01:51:05 PM
Quote from: F8-4life on July 02, 2018, 01:34:31 PM
that has always scared me about that place , not only is your car exposed , to more damage and corrosion and what not . Its most likely a parts car for what ever other car is being restored before it .
 NO THANK U    
Ya look what he did to Darren car. And I seen a show where he said they won't know. What the hell is that crap.
i am a fair person and up frount person and try to help if i can. i love my mopars thats. all i ever owned first car was my 69 charger at the age of 15.

1969 charger Daytona clone
1969 charger sadly stolen
1970 charger rt
1972 road runner clone

charger chris

Quote from: Daytona Guy on June 30, 2018, 12:39:10 AM
Graveyard Carz - My Son is Hired

My Son Justin is hired by GYC starting July 16th. I'm excited for him. He actually builds my wings for me know. Mark liked that - LOL

Congrats hope he likes it there.
i am a fair person and up frount person and try to help if i can. i love my mopars thats. all i ever owned first car was my 69 charger at the age of 15.

1970 charger rt
1972 road runner clone

CDN72SE

1972 Charger SE

Kern Dog

Quote from: charger chris on July 04, 2018, 09:56:47 AM
Ya look what he did to earns car. And I seen a show where he said they won't know. What the hell is that crap.

I don't understand any of this.

charger chris

Quote from: Kern Dog on July 04, 2018, 11:27:50 AM
Quote from: charger chris on July 04, 2018, 09:56:47 AM
Ya look what he did to earns car. And I seen a show where he said they won't know. What the hell is that crap.

I don't understand any of this.
Sorry kern dog it must have spelled credited  on me I'll fix it.

1970 charger rt
1972 road runner clone

Kern Dog

Oh yeah...How Mark seemed to think that Darren's car was fair game when he needed parts for another project.....That would be really shitty if it was real. TV shows like these...It is hard to know what is real and what is just made up for the sake of drama.

charger chris

Quote from: Kern Dog on July 04, 2018, 05:57:11 PM
Oh yeah...How Mark seemed to think that Darren's car was fair game when he needed parts for another project.....That would be really shitty if it was real. TV shows like these...It is hard to know what is real and what is just made up for the sake of drama.
Very true. But to do that on tv is messed up. Real or fake

1970 charger rt
1972 road runner clone

bakerhillpins

Congratulations to your son. I liked Dave on the show and hope your son enjoys himself.  I spent yesterday working with my son on the 69 and it was some good times.  :2thumbs:

Quote from: Derwud on July 02, 2018, 03:28:51 PM
I like David and wish him well. I am curious what happened and why there was no non-compete clause in his contract. He is just down the road from Graveyard Carz..

The corporate lawyers that I have known over the years have told me that common non-compete clauses in employment contracts are effectively unenforceable. Take that for what it's worth. I don't think it would matter here because he's not restoring cars, rather components. Plus, Mark is restoring on a TV show. Dave and his bro don't have a TV show of their own. 
One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

moparstuart

Quote from: bakerhillpins on July 05, 2018, 06:06:35 AM
Congratulations to your son. I liked Dave on the show and hope your son enjoys himself.  I spent yesterday working with my son on the 69 and it was some good times.  :2thumbs:

Quote from: Derwud on July 02, 2018, 03:28:51 PM

The corporate lawyers that I have known over the years have told me that common non-compete clauses in employment contracts are effectively unenforceable. Take that for what it's worth. I don't think it would matter here because he's not restoring cars, rather components. Plus, Mark is restoring on a TV show. Dave and his bro don't have a TV show of their own. 
If its your lively hood that you have been doing all your life and you worked in the industry before you worked for them . Then yes they are very hard to enforce .

Alaskan_TA

Quote from: Seabeckredneck on June 30, 2018, 09:27:02 PM
Where will we find Dave? Anyone know?

Carlisle next week;

Ghoste

Congrats to your son.  As for not smiling, Im sure its the producers who told the pretty one to smile and everyone else look moody and dramatic.  Like most "reality" shows, its just loosely based on reality.  :lol:

DREDILSKI

DRE - 73' Charger 360 SE