News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

26'' radiator #'s

Started by chrint, June 27, 2018, 11:42:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chrint

I m in the process of replacing my radiator for a numbers correct one , can some one tell me what the numbers on the top of the radiator should be to suit my particular car.
Here is my cars VIN
The VIN # is XS29L9B334185
Y2 CRX X9 325 252357    E86 D32 XS29L9B 334185
1969 RT/SE Charger 440 Auto Car

triple_green

http://www.rosevillemoparts.com/reference_radiatorguide.php

I think that 054 radiator is going to be expensive too, becuase it goes on all the high end stuff that year.
68 Charger 383 HP grandma car (the orignal 3X)

Challenger340

Is yours an "N51" code Car ?
Factory A/C Car ?

Our '69 R/T SE 440/auto with NO A/C, and Non "N51" code is the 22" Rad Part#2949053 that's still factory original, and it cools our original UN-built 440 Magnum just fine even in 90* Bumper to Bumper traffic etc., no problems at all !

That said,
It would seem with the amount of people who seem to be having "overheating" problems these days with ANY Radiator ?,(even the repop 054 26" radiators?), I am somewhat suspicious of either tuning issues ? or the actual quality/cooling capacity of ANY repop Radiator ?

How in the heck could the factory stock stuff have cooled the Cars just ducky 50 years ago, and still does today(ours), yet so many these days with rebuilt/restored Engines and repop Rads seem to be having cooling issues ?
Only wimps wear Bowties !