News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

General VIN Decoding Question????

Started by Mfr426, May 06, 2006, 07:55:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mfr426

Hey folks, this seems pretty obvious to me but somethign does not add up? I have a 69 parts catalog. This thing is about 1200 pages+. At the beginning they break down the VIN to explain what "car line" you have. The first number of the VIN indicates the line. The only one missing on their chart is the "X" which is what Chargers have? I'm having a tough time figuring out where my car fits to search for parts? They list the D as Dodge but the BIG DODGES not the Charger. So, when I look down the list to cross reference my car for a particular part I dont have an X to refer from?
Can anyone explain the reason why "X" is not listed as a "car line" in this Mopar Parts catalog??? I dont see anywhere where it says that "X" falls under something else either?

Thanks for any help.

Mike R in Reading

Charger_Fan

Maybe that parts catalog is only for full sized C bodies?  :shruggy:
Does it list other B body cars in there (Coronet for example), or A bodies?

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

John_Kunkel

The "X" as a car line only relates to the VIN, as far as the parts book goes the Charger falls into the "W" Coronet  category.

Whenever a Coronet part is specific to the Charger, the text in the part description will mention it; example, W, Charger or W, except Charger
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

Mfr426