News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Saw Bullit poster in shop window in Paris

Started by XH29N0G, June 10, 2018, 10:18:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

XH29N0G

I ran into this poster in a shop window in Paris today.  Not something I would see back home.

Who in their right mind would say

"The science should not stand in the way of this."? 

Science is just observation and hypothesis.  Policy stands in the way.........

Or maybe it protects us. 

I suppose it depends on the specific case.....

Fred

Super poster.  Must dust off the dvd again, haven't watched it in a while.

Paris!  Aren't you on Mars?

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

XH29N0G

Dust off the movie.  I haven't watched in in a while and should too.  I probably also should be on Mars..... 

Or maybe it protects us. 

Fred

I think I'll watch it tonight.  :2thumbs:

If you haven't seen it, the 1997 version of Vanishing Point (the movie) has a great chase scene where the Charger is in pursuit of the Challenger. Shame about the mess they make of the car but great to watch all the same.

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

wingcar

I have both the original (different from that in the picture) and the French version which doesn't show the Charger, just the Mustang.  I guess the French didn't care about the bad guys and their black Charger.  This is the 50th anniversary of the movie "Bullitt" and it was the show theme for this year's  "The Friends of Steve McQueen Car Show" held on June 2nd at the "Boys Republic"  where Steve spent some of his youth. (See my post under "Car Guys Discussion).  The show poster, program, and shirts all had the "Bullitt" theme.  They even had a showing of the movie "Bullitt" on the big screen at a local Harkens theater.  Great show........     
1970 Daytona Charger SE "clone" (440/Auto)
1967 Charger (360,6-pak/Auto)
2008 Challenger SRT8 BLK (6.1/Auto) 6050 of 6400

XH29N0G

Didn't know about the French version.  (That explains why there were so many mustangs and only one charger at the car meet I went to 2 weekends ago.)

I guess when I saw the movie the first time (in France in 1983 or 4) I must have been at an artsy theatre that showed it in its original form.   ;D

Or maybe it protects us.