News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

XV001 Unveiled!! - Mosport Track Pics

Started by dqhemi, May 04, 2006, 02:52:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dqhemi

XV001 rolled out into the sunshine for the first time this week to film the final episode of Dream Car Garage's 2006 season. 

We ran it at Mosport, which is a beautiful big track where the car could really stretch its legs.

You'll be able to see the car on Dream Car Garage on Speed the week of May 15th; first airing is on Wednesday the 17th.  There should be some really great footage as we ran a chase car and also had it running against a Z8 for a bit. 

The car worked really, really well and everyone involved is extremely pleased with how the car turned out. 

This car will be making the rounds at shows over the coming months and will also get coverage in multiple mags.  First public appearance will be at the Mopar Atlantic Nationals later this month at Englishtown.

There's still a couple things to do on the car but it wowed everyone that saw it, both with its looks and its performance. 

It now runs dead-flat through the turns.

XV002 is under way now and suspension development for the B-Body's as well – which will be covered in one of the mags in detail.  A number of publications will be covering what we are doing over the coming months.  XV003 is also being started and will be a seriously menacing B-Body.  Hopefully that one is done in time for the V-Show in July in NY City.

It's a huge relief for us to have the TV commitments behind us as it turned many (as in all) of our priorities upside down.  I think you guys will really dig seeing this car run on a big track, so make sure to check out the show. 

If, you've missed any of the previous episodes and want to see them, they will start replaying all thirteen of them the following week and then another two cycles through the end of the year.  It's getting harder and harder for me to find the time to post updates as there are many balls to juggle right now; but I'll do my best to make posts.

Enjoy!

John Buscema
XV Motorsports
www.xvmotorsports.com

John Buscema
XV Motorsports
www.xvmotorsports.com

dqhemi

Here's some more of the rest of the car - need to get some better shots of these.

Note the functional T/A hood with late model EFI HEMI...

John Buscema
XV Motorsports
www.xvmotorsports.com

John Buscema
XV Motorsports
www.xvmotorsports.com

bull

Looks great. I bet it's nice to get her out on the road and wind it up.

Old Moparz

That looks great, thanks for posting those pics.  :2thumbs:
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

Blown70

PocketThunder

"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

NYCMille

Way to go John! keep us posted... again, when your B-Body stuff is ready PLEASE contact me!

Cheers - Mike

Shakey

Quote from: NYCMille on May 04, 2006, 03:46:59 PM
Way to go John! keep us posted... again, when your B-Body stuff is ready PLEASE contact me!

Cheers - Mike

:iagree:

I'd be interested in a complete car.   :yesnod:

Hats off to you John.  Great stuff!

TruckDriver

PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

Charger_Fan

From what I can tell, the car was being pushed through those corners pretty fast & the body roll is almost nonexistent! That is sooo cool. :coolgleamA:

That engine sure looks dinky in that engine bay. ;D

I assume this 1st production car is spoken for, are you guys taking orders on future cars?

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

Just 6T9 CHGR

Look forward to seeing that beauty @ E-Town :cheers:
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

plum500

Dammmn. That's nice. Thanks for posting those.

Silver R/T

http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

RallyeMike

That looks like a lot of fun. Anyone recognize the track?
1969 Charger 500 #232008
1972 Charger, Grand Sport #41
1973 Charger "T/A"

Drive as fast as you want to on a public road! Click here for info: http://www.sscc.us/

Shakey

Quote from: RallyeMike on May 04, 2006, 11:47:57 PM
That looks like a lot of fun. Anyone recognize the track?

Mosport International Raceway - about an hour East of Toronto.

I used to work with a CASCAR (Canada's version of NASCAR) team and we raced there twice a year.  Once on the road course (2.5 mile) and once on the oval (.5 mile).

Formula 1 cars raced there waaaay back in the day!

4402tuff4u

Awesome Chally!!! Would love to test drive that Chally! :icon_smile_big: Nice job John!!
"Mother should I trust the government?........... Pink Floyd "Mother"

dqhemi

Glad you all are liking that car.  We're really happy with how it came out.

I think XV003 will be the one you'll really like though .... a 68 Charger.
It should be done some time in July - hopefully.  We plan on making it as mean and nasty as we can.

Mike - I definitely haven't forgotten you! 

We will have finalized pricing on the Level II setup some time this month and I'll let you know then.

Level I B-Body development work should be done at the end of this month and Level II in June.
Looks like one of the Mags will be in for the four post and track testing of the Level I as we do it for the B-Body cars. 
I'll let you know for sure once it's been done.

I'm really happy to see you guys are digging what we are doing!   :cheers:

John Buscema
XV Motorsports
www.xvmotorsports.com
John Buscema
XV Motorsports
www.xvmotorsports.com

Silver R/T

what the approximate price of setup like on Chally?

2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

68ChargerJMP

Yes, definitely keep us up on the 68 Charger stuff.

Silver R/T

2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

Ghoste

dqhemi

Quote from: Silver R/T on May 05, 2006, 06:14:00 PM
what the approximate price of setup like on Chally?

The suspension on the Challenger is our Level II setup.

It has an aluminum K-Member, aluminum upper and lower ctrl arms, aluminum spindles and aluminum power steering rack.  Front uses coilovers and the upper mount gets welded to the frame rail in the shock tower pocket.

In the back of the car the rear leaf springs are replaced with a three link rear setup with a panhard bar.  Lower links are billet aluminum.  Again, coilover shocks are used.  In the back the upper shock mount and one end of the upper link get welded into the car.  On the axle housing brackets are welded on for the upper link, lower links and lower shock mounts.

We also have several chassis stiffening components, including an engine compartment brace, sub frame connectors, a replacement lower rad support that ties the front of the frame rails together and some mandrel bent bracing that goes inside the front fender to tie the shock tower and outer firewall together. 

The steering column also gets reworked as the stock setup doesn't support the shaft adequately for a rack at the lower end of the column.  We machined an insert that gets tig welded into the bottom of the shaft and then a roller bearing is installed in the insert and held in place by a retaining clip.  The shaft is polished and then reassembled. 

Sway bars front and rear are splined shaft type, like is used on race cars, with splined aluminum arms and spherical rod ends.  These type of bars are available in many rates, so if someone wants to go racing this can be tuned to their hearts content.  Rear sway bar is mounted through the frame rail with a bearing mounted in the rail.  Gets it up and out of the way and is pretty slick looking as well.

The shocks we are using are aluminum bodied adjustable and are about as good as they get, but also quite expensive.  The shocks are custom valved for the application based upon four post testing and track testing the car and are matched to the spring rates as well.  Shocks are revalvable and rebuildable and with the coilovers many spring rates are available and can be changed with ease if someone wants to go racing, as well as allowing easy ride height or corner weight adjustments.  We will likely offer a less expensive option down the road at some point.

This setup also requires brakes as the stock one's won't work.  Our Level II brakes up font are 6-piston caliper w/ 14" rotors and out back are 13" rotors.  We are also running hydroboost on the brakes.  The entire brake system was designed for the car to ensure optimal braking balance and overall performance.  Brakes were not off the shelf pieces just bolted on, but designed as a complete system, with caliper pistons sized for the specific application.  We may have a less expensive option at some point on the brakes as well, but right now all we have is the really good stuff, designed for optimal balance specifically for the vehicle.

So we will be selling all the suspension pieces, chassis stiffening components, really good shocks and really good brakes as a complete package - it's not just a suspension package if you will.  Final pricing will be determined later this month - we're quoting out components right now.  We expect it to be in the $15K - $18K range for all the pieces, including the brakes.  I know it's not cheap, but it's the best there is and was fully engineered by professional suspension people and it's been fully tested - and it works really well.  Look at the XV Engineering section on our site and you can see what went into it. 

For the cars we are building, we set out to build the best pieces for it - especially in suspension and brakes.  The technology and expertise we got access to is pretty much unheard of in the aftermarket for any application, new or old. 

John Buscema
XV Motorsports
www.xvmotorsports.com
John Buscema
XV Motorsports
www.xvmotorsports.com

dqhemi

Quote from: CHARGER_FAN on May 04, 2006, 07:35:53 PM
From what I can tell, the car was being pushed through those corners pretty fast & the body roll is almost nonexistent! That is sooo cool. :coolgleamA:

That engine sure looks dinky in that engine bay. ;D

I assume this 1st production car is spoken for, are you guys taking orders on future cars?

First car won't be for sale any time soon as it has a growing list of dates for car shows and magazine shoots.  We also want one in our showroom all the time.   So it will be pretty busy for the next year.

Yes, we are now taking orders for other builds as people want them spec'd out. 
XV002 and XV003 are already under way as far as building cars. 

John Buscema
XV Motorsports
www.xvmotorsports.com
John Buscema
XV Motorsports
www.xvmotorsports.com