News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

68 Held Hostage

Started by krops cars, June 05, 2018, 10:01:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

krops cars

Does anyone know if this guy paid and got his car back?

Mytur Binsdirti

He hasn't posted since his thread got locked and it's a good thing, because I think his head was ready to explode.

krops cars

Right. There is a deal on a car. Where ever he is from. Sounded like he didn't want to pat any thing.

JB400

If he knows what's good for him, he'd be better off paying up

Lennard

Quote from: JB400 on June 05, 2018, 01:12:43 PM
If he knows what's good for him, he'd be better stay away from the forum trolls.
Fixed it.

Kern Dog

That whole scenario seemed odd to me. The OP came across as if dissenting opinions were not welcome either.

odcics2

Quote from: Kern Dog on June 05, 2018, 01:41:39 PM
That whole scenario seemed odd to me. The OP came across as if dissenting opinions were not welcome either.

:iagree:

I've never owned anything but a MoPar. Can you say that?

chargervert

If you don't want to hear what people are going to tell you, don't ask!

Lennard

He didn't ask for anyone's opinion or to be judged by (always the same) trolls. He asked for advice on how to proceed to get his car back from a storage yard.

timmycharger

Quote from: Lennard on June 06, 2018, 11:01:12 AM
He didn't ask for anyone's opinion or to be judged by trolls. He asked for advice on how to proceed to get his car back from a storage yard.

Nope, he came on here looking for the answer he wanted to hear and became defensive and combative when questioned further. I believe he even asked how we can help him "steal" his car back.   

krops cars

We could get the address and get a good deal on a 68.

A383Wing

Quote from: timmycharger on June 06, 2018, 11:08:25 AM

Nope, he came on here looking for the answer he wanted to hear and became defensive and combative when questioned further. I believe he even asked how we can help him "steal" his car back.   

Yup, that was in his very first post.....and it went downhill from there

Kern Dog

That is the way that I read it too. 

chargervert

IIRC the guys father made a deal with the guy who is storing the car,and didn't pay the bill. Then the guy storing the car wanted more than what his father claimed the amount was. He never really stated if he or his father owned the car or had paperwork to prove it. I remember him saying that he has not seen in person to prove it is still in the guys possession.  The car could have been sold years ago ,for non payment of storage, who knows?

Kern Dog

The Op of that thread reminded me of those guys we all knew....They asked for advice but only wanted people to support what they already wanted to do. If your opinion didn't match theirs, they didn't want to hear it.
That guy also seemed pretty firm in his opinions.

Mytur Binsdirti

Quote from: Kern Dog on June 06, 2018, 03:00:40 PM
The Op of that thread reminded me of those guys we all knew....They asked for advice but only wanted people to support what they already wanted to do. If your opinion didn't match theirs, they didn't want to hear it.

And when those of us questioned him, he became nasty. Only a real douche would stick up for someone like that.

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: Mytur Binsdirti on June 06, 2018, 08:33:05 PM
Quote from: Kern Dog on June 06, 2018, 03:00:40 PM

And when those of us questioned him, he became nasty. Only a real douche would stick up for someone like that.

I gave him the benefit of the doubt at first,but his true colors soon became obvious.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

Lennard

And here we have another keyboard warrior.  :pity: Making denigrating remarks and posting dumb gifs on this forum is your m.o.

Kern Dog

I don't know...His stuff is funny to me.

Mytur Binsdirti

Quote from: Lennard on June 06, 2018, 10:33:53 PM
And here we have another keyboard warrior.  :pity: Making denigrating remarks and posting dumb gifs on this forum is your m.o.

As I was saying.......

:lol:

Lennard

Quote from: Kern Dog on June 07, 2018, 12:27:15 AM
I'm sure it is. You both have the same mentality.  Putting other people down (safely from behind your keyboard) so you can feel better about yourself. I can guarantee you that Mark won't call me a douche when he's standing in front of me.

timmycharger

Quote from: Lennard on June 07, 2018, 08:20:30 AM
Quote from: Kern Dog on June 07, 2018, 12:27:15 AM
I'm sure it is. You both have the same mentality.  Putting other people down (safely from behind your keyboard) so you can feel better about yourself. I can guarantee you that Mark won't call me a douche when he's standing in front of me.

Didn't you want to fight Kern Dog last year as well?

Relax man, its just words, and not worth getting so worked up over.  Remember, no matter how big, bad and tough you are, there is always someone that is bigger, badder and tougher than you!   

:cheers:

Lennard

Being an internet troll, bully people and calling people names, safely from behind your computer is just weak. No matter how big, bad and tough you are.

Btw, all I did was invite Kerndog to say in my face what he had said here on the forum.

Back N Black

Quote from: Lennard on June 07, 2018, 08:47:01 AM
Being an internet troll, bully people and calling people names, safely from behind your computer is just weak. No matter how big, bad and tough you are.

Btw, all I did was invite Kerndog to say in my face what he had said here on the forum.

I agree with you Lennard, a bully is a bully on the internet or face to face. Some people find it funny because that's their intent, get a laugh at someone else expense.

RiverRaider

The original thread got locked before I could respond, maybe he is still following things.  I have seen this problem before a guy makes a deal to store a car and forgets about it and thinks it's all good and they are buddy's so they will square up in the end no big deal.  The problem is the storage owners expenses continue to increase.   And in this case it was suggested $25 a month was the fee (even ten years ago was cheap)and the storage owner says it was $75 but as the years rolled buy the storage owner may have started charging $50 and now its $75 a month.   Any way you look at it $3000 is not going to resolve the issue.  You could do the math several ways $25 per the first few years $50 for a few years and $75 the last few.   OriginalOwner  I would suggest if you are still following try to offer of $5000 to $6000 to pay the outstanding debt.  Anything below $5000 will likely be ignored but $5000+ to make a headache go away may sound good to the storage owner.       
My first Charger was a Stock Car.