News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Mopars in the Park

Started by E5 Charger, June 04, 2018, 05:23:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

E5 Charger

I saw this older Daytona clone at Mopars in the Park this past weekend.  Interesting how faded the paint and decals are. Must have been done a long time ago. Very interesting. Anyone know anything about it?

Birdflu

I saw/admired it as well. It was there both Friday and Saturday, but I never saw anyone around it. I agree...nicely done patina!

Kern Dog

Maybe you are not aware of it but...
I have heard of many shows with that title...."Mopars in the Park" or some variation of it.
Which park? What state in what town?
In Sacramento, we have an annual show with that same title!

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: Kern Dog on June 04, 2018, 07:00:10 PM
Maybe you are not aware of it but...
I have heard of many shows with that title...."Mopars in the Park" or some variation of it.
Which park? What state in what town?
In Sacramento, we have an annual show with that same title!

Midwest Mopars. Farmington Minnesota.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

Kern Dog

Oh, okay..Thank you. I have not heard of that show.    :cheers:

Aero426

Quote from: Kern Dog on June 04, 2018, 09:12:44 PM
Oh, okay..Thank you. I have not heard of that show.    :cheers:

It has become the one of the best attended Mopar weekends in the midwest.      

E5 Charger

Thanks Charger-Bodie. I would have just said Farmington, forgetting there is more than one. You should check it out Kern Dog, it's awesome! I picked up a few things from the swap meet. Here is a link to their gallery from last year. https://www.flickr.com/photos/midwestmopars/sets/72157689641349776

moparstuart

Thats James Keeler's clone its not that old only 20 years old or so i wanna say he build it and finished up for talledega 04 ?  
 He stores it outside thats why he looks so weathered    ,  It does have a real race wing on it with the cable running thru it .  

PS Mopars in the Parks Swap is one of the Best priced places to find parts , you get good stuff at very good priced
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

CDN72SE

I have this sitting on my desk at work right now, got it in my latest MegaParts order. Bit far for me to have attended.

1972 Charger SE

Dave Kanofsky

Quote from: moparstuart on June 05, 2018, 09:05:25 AM
Thats James Keeler's clone its not that old only 20 years old or so i wanna say he build it and finished up for talledega 04 ?   
  He stores it outside thats why he looks so weathered    ,  It does have a real race wing on it with the cable running thru it . 

I know he had it in Talladega in '99.  I remember him having carburetor troubles with it at the time.
"God sent his Son into the world not to judge the world, but to save the world through him." John 3:17, NLT

Racers For Christ Chaplain (www.teamrfc.org)

Kern Dog

Wow...That looks like a good time.  :2thumbs:

comet_666

He stores it outside thats why he looks so weathered    ,  It does have a real race wing on it with the cable running thru it .  

PS Mopars in the Parks Swap is one of the Best priced places to find parts , you get good stuff at very good priced
Not sure why you would store a car like that outside? Then bring it to a show and not really clean it up? Unless he is going for that after race trashed look?  :shruggy:

VegasCharger

Looks like a nice show but I'm sick to my stomach of all of the new Challengers that arrive in the show fields. It seems like every all Mopar meets are saturated with these new Challengers.

Kern Dog

I see your point, Bryan but if that is what it takes to keep the hobby afloat, I'll deal with it.
Up here in Sacramento, the late model cars are approaching 50% of the show cars count. Our totals are staying the same, its just that each year there are fewer classics that show up and more Challenger/Charger/300/Magnum and Darts.

moparstuart

Quote from: Dave Kanofsky on June 05, 2018, 12:16:29 PM
  He stores it outside thats why he looks so weathered    ,  It does have a real race wing on it with the cable running thru it . 

I know he had it in Talladega in '99.  I remember him having carburetor troubles with it at the time.
ok must have been 99   I know he found the wing last minute as he was trying to borrow mine 

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Aero426

Quote from: comet_666 on June 05, 2018, 02:42:02 PM
Not sure why you would store a car like that outside? Then bring it to a show and not really clean it up? Unless he is going for that after race trashed look?  :shruggy:

James is pretty low buck.    Doesn't stop him from having fun or an adventure.     

RiverRaider

Quote from: Kern Dog on June 05, 2018, 01:44:53 PM
Wow...That looks like a good time.  :2thumbs:

If you ever have the chance to go its a fun relaxed show.  I found some really good deals in the swap meet!
My first Charger was a Stock Car.

charge69

I went there a few years ago when I was visiting a friend in Minneapolis.
It was a great time and many classics there at that time.
Got to meet Roland Osborne at the Chrysler Power booth.He had run an article on my Charger the year before.
An incredible man !