News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

69 Charger R/T SE , unrestored / survivor ...

Started by tan top, May 20, 2018, 01:38:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

XS29LA47V21

Quote from: hemigeno on May 25, 2018, 11:35:23 AM
Quote from: LeesRT on May 24, 2018, 09:18:05 PM
If I'm reading the fender tag correctly, the A03 represents Oct. 3, 1968, and the V21 wasn't available until February of 1969.  

For '69 Chargers, notification of the availability of Sales Code V21 was sent to the St. Louis and Hamtramck assembly plants on December 6, 1968, along with the note "Effective Date to be determined".  Chris/Just 6T9 CHGR has pointed out in in this reply that a Bulletin was sent out on January 3, 1969 notifying dealers of its availability.

Regardless of all that, an Oct. 3rd SPD was likely at least 2 months too early for V21.

I think you are correct on that build date vs when they came out, but seems really weird how close it looks for as old as it is painted on there.  We have all seen lots of stripes done in later years.  I have not personally seen that may that go back to being fairly close to original with the odd way it stops between stripes and the way it curves around the cowl.  Maybe the owner order if loaded and then received car after others with V21 landed on the lot and the new owner had the dealer install it.  A stretch, but would not be the first time a guy (or gal) got a 392 car only to have months later a hellcat came out or sometime later a demon came out...  Always some new gimmick and new options to lure us in...