News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

200k and this is how the car is presented?

Started by timmycharger, June 08, 2018, 10:50:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

timmycharger

I have no idea what it's worth but if I was going to list something of that much value, I would have put in a bit more effort. Looks like he took the pics with the first digital camera ever invented  :rotz:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1970-Dodge-Challenger/183249314445?hash=item2aaa82a28d:g:z~8AAOSwiG1akiOY&vxp=mtr

DAY CLONA

Quote from: timmycharger on June 08, 2018, 10:50:11 AM
I have no idea what it's worth but if I was going to list something of that much value, I would have put in a bit more effort. Looks like he took the pics with the first digital camera ever invented  :rotz:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1970-Dodge-Challenger/183249314445?hash=item2aaa82a28d:g:z~8AAOSwiG1akiOY&vxp=mtr

I don't have any issues with the ad, pics or the sellers presentation, I'm looking to buy a car, not date the guy  :eyes: The comments from the idiots responding to his ad are more of a distraction than anything else, if they're not interested?, they should move on rather than worry about the guy's presentation, grammar, knowledge, etc, etc...

hemi-hampton

Sounds like some of the same clowns I had to deal with when trying to sell my car. :shruggy:

DAY CLONA

Quote from: hemi-hampton on June 08, 2018, 07:02:49 PM
Sounds like some of the same clowns I had to deal with when trying to sell my car. :shruggy:

Everyone today wants a polished flipper website to respond to, or a You tube music video presentation of the vehicle, or a microscopic photo analysis of the paint daubs, buildsheets, etc... just imagine their disdain if this was all they had to go on today...

timmycharger

Not a good argument showing an old ad. At least that person put some effort.  There was no ebay or internet so that was the best he could do with what was available.  This guy with the Cuda was just lazy, he put as much effort as he would selling a $5 matchbox car.  Not sure what your point is about paint daubs or dating the guy  :shruggy:

b5blue

He means: This guy is blabbing off about his expected "dream date buyer" instead of details about the car. Crappy pics present poorly yet outline he did zero prep to showcase car. (1 pic worth 1000 words.) Most sellers include high detail pics of assets or flaws and do not speculate on buyers preferences.

Aero426

Quote from: b5blue on June 09, 2018, 08:38:22 AM
 He means: This guy is blabbing off about his expected "dream date buyer" instead of details about the car. Crappy pics present poorly yet outline he did zero prep to showcase car. (1 pic worth 1000 words.) Most sellers include high detail pics of assets or flaws and do not speculate on buyers preferences.

:iagree:

Yes, the listing is weird.   It is futile trying to "pick" the next custodian.   You have very little control in this regard.   You might THINK you are selling it to the right buyer.   Only to find out later he was a straw purchaser for the real guy.    I would suspect given the rare color combo, that the seller (and his odd quirks) are known to the other E-body players.  

JB400

I do agree that he should of done things differently.  I think it would of also been wise to ignore the trolls that are starting to plague his ad as well.

It would of been better if he shoved it outside and polished it up.  Let the buyers see what they're getting.  Then, he might stand a better chance at getting the buyer that he wants

I didn't think the ad was too bad, of course the pictures could have been better and I would have done things differently.

At the end of the day it's his car and he can sell it however he likes. If you were a serious buyer you'd go have a look at it, expert in tow or not. If you weren't happy you'd move on, simple

At the same time I don't think it gives people the right to argue with him over his selling techniques.

CRW-FK5

Quote from: 440 on June 09, 2018, 10:31:37 PM
I didn't think the ad was too bad, of course the pictures could have been better and I would have done things differently.

At the end of the day it's his car and he can sell it however he likes. If you were a serious buyer you'd go have a look at it, expert in tow or not. If you weren't happy you'd move on, simple

At the same time I don't think it gives people the right to argue with him over his selling techniques.
I would have to agree.  Certainly there are more important things to complain about than the picture quality of someones car ad.  Shouldn't impact anyone but the seller, but seems like there are quite a few people willing to let it bother them.  Hard to believe.

ws23rt

I posted an ad for a car for sale a few years ago and most of my pictures were of the negative items like rust bubbles (for example).
I got several comments about how stupid it was for me to present the car in such a manner.

One guy said he felt sorry for me because I showed things that would put buyers off. :slap:

My response was something like--- I would rather not have to explain-face to face- with a buyer -why I tried to hide what they are most interested in right up front.

BTW I sold that car to a buyer that was satisfied with not having to make a trip to see it in person.--A remote buy that saved both parties money. 

Fred

Quote from: CRW-FK5 on June 10, 2018, 12:19:00 PM
Quote from: 440 on June 09, 2018, 10:31:37 PM

I would have to agree.  Certainly there are more important things to complain about than the picture quality of someones car ad.  Shouldn't impact anyone but the seller, but seems like there are quite a few people willing to let it bother them.  Hard to believe.

:2thumbs:

What is wrong with people these days? Must they always find something to bitch about? Less bitching makes for a happier life.

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

Kern Dog

I agree with the OP. If you are asking such a huge price, step up your efforts. The car may or may not be worth the price but poor presentation makes a guy look like a lazy jerk that wants Auction house money with a craigslist effort.

Fred

I always make an effort and they're still not happy! There's just no pleasing some.

I make a point of telling them everything they need to know then they ring up and ask all the same questions. I mean seriously don't they read the ad?  if not why do I bother going to all the trouble.

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.