News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Everybody thinks they are Danny from Counting Cars

Started by triple_green, May 19, 2018, 06:06:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alfaitalia

Quote from: Kern Dog on May 22, 2018, 02:54:26 PM
No offense but being AMERICAN often means that we are born with the "can do" spirit....WE have balls and guts. We push the limits, we test the boundries. We play our music too loud, fart in church, eat red meat and drive big inefficient cars that get 4 miles to the gallon but are fun as hell.

We too are all those things.....but we have manners too so don't ask a man to buy his car who showing no clue that he might want to sell!!....Well most of us! LOL!
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you !!

Kern Dog

Do you guys have grossly overweight land manatees in motorized carts?

cdr

Quote from: Kern Dog on May 22, 2018, 02:54:26 PM
No offense but being AMERICAN often means that we are born with the "can do" spirit....WE have balls and guts. We push the limits, we test the boundries. We play our music too loud, fart in church, eat red meat and drive big inefficient cars that get 4 miles to the gallon but are fun as hell.

^^^^ This  :coolgleamA: LOL
LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

XS29L9Bxxxxxx

Quote from: myk on May 19, 2018, 09:26:57 PM
Sometimes I think it'd be worth buying a boring car like a 60's Mustang or a Camaro or something ordinary, just so people would leave me alone to drive in peace...

Hey, MYK is back....  :cheers:

Ponch ®

I usually throw a crazy number at them, like double than what the car would fetch from a knowledgeable buyer.

I figure either theyll be scared off or theyll fall for it and I'll make some nice change.

On the other hand, most of these people don't think I know what I have, so they expect me to say something like "sure, $2000 and its yours."  :eyes: Then they act outraged when its more than that.  

I gotta admit I would have enjoyed punching in the face the guy who actually threw at me the most obnoxious tv-show line ever: "It wouldn't leave me any meat on the bone.."
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

JR

Quote from: Ponch ® on May 23, 2018, 06:19:16 PM

I gotta admit I would have enjoyed punching in the face the guy who actually threw at me the most obnoxious tv-show line ever: "It wouldn't leave me any meat on the bone.."

I'll never understand why those flippers think that the amount of profit they'll make on buying and reselling your car is of any importance to you, especially when they approach you cold like that.
70 Charger RT top bananna /68 Charger RT triple green

alfaitalia

Quote from: Kern Dog on May 23, 2018, 03:16:19 AM
Do you guys have grossly overweight land manatees in motorized carts?

Five years ago I would have said no......but now I've noticed a few. Apparently we are Europes fattest nation....not me though!! There is a guy here trying to make those things only legal to use on the pavement (sidewalk!!) if you are registered actually registered disabled rather than just a lazy fatso! Since being fat is a 100% self inflicted condition its NOT A DISSABLEMENT ! Lets face it...if anyone is going to use those carts it should be slim folks!....fatties need all the exercise they can get....or they just get fatter. One guy (a big person I'm guessing) tried to get supermarkets to allow the over weight to park in their disabled spaces....a more witty manager replied that surely they should have the spaces a far away from the entrance to the food hall as possible!! LOL!

Ghoste

Even Danny from Counting Cars isnt Danny from Counting Cars.  These guys are trying to emulate some of the most obviously scripted "reality" programming out there.

67440chrg

Get a 1st gen Charger and you wont have to worry about nuts wanting to buy it. My car gets plenty of attention but mostly just complements and old stories about when they were young.

BDF

The state of California offers me $1000 every year for mine.

Quote from: BDF on May 24, 2018, 10:28:43 PM
The state of California offers me $1000 every year for mine.

A bit off topic but that's how I picked up my 77 F150 4x4. Guy spent a good bit of coin on it and was asking $1400 on Craigslist, went to look at it and offered $1200.

He said "you know what, California would only give me $900 so for $1000 it's yours", needless to say I was a bit shocked, handed over the cash and drove it home.

BDF

Yep. They offer me 1k for my '73 F250 also... :icon_smile_big:

Kern Dog

As part of the pollution abatement program?
I could see that in the case of a catalytic converter equipped vehicle but the "anti-CA-government" part of me would have a hard time helping this state with any program that takes classic cars off of the road just to scrap them.

Ghoste

Kern Dog

I buy and sell cars sometimes but I never considered approaching someone and hitting them with an offensively low offer. I can be rude to someone that is rude to me first but to make the first strike...Why? To make a few bucks? I'm not a religious man but I do think that people that go around squeezing people, screwing people or leaving a trail of trash in their wake are going to pay for their sins eventually.
If I look at a car that is advertised and I think it is overpriced, I just move on. I have been told..."Make me an offer, I won't be insulted." I can usually head off any hard feelings by telling them.."This is my own opinion and this is all I feel comfortable with."  Sure, I have been VERY tempted to set some delusional people straight...Who hasn't ?

alfaitalia

:2thumbs:.....you have more will power than me.....I just can't stop myself!

DAY CLONA

Quote from: 440 on May 22, 2018, 06:27:39 PM
The guy I bought my car from said he used to get pulled over by the cops occasionally just to get pictures.

I know the feeling!  :icon_smile_big: I'm the one taking the pic this time while he "poses", using the cop's "evidence camera" (Polaroid instamatic)

I always get a few "buyers" following me home, or stopping me at the gas station, or red light, etc asking me if one of my rides is for sale, I always say sure, they say how much?, I say put whatever amount you want on a check, when you write a check with the right amount, you own it...  One guy that I said this to, replied "it's going to be expensive huh?", I said "O'Yeah"

Mike

A383Wing

:haha:  That's great....I gotta remember that one

BDF

Quote from: Kern Dog on May 25, 2018, 01:36:38 AM
As part of the pollution abatement program?
I could see that in the case of a catalytic converter equipped vehicle but the "anti-CA-government" part of me would have a hard time helping this state with any program that takes classic cars off of the road just to scrap them.
Yes, part of the 'clean air' act. The vehicles have to be running & registered (which means insured as well) & taken to a dismantler on their list to be destroyed. They do mention at the bottom that if it is a vintage/collector car to disregard the notice (which I have always done). I think of it as '$ in the bank'.   :shruggy:

stripedelete

I tell them $35k for the car and pause while they get anxious.   Then I say, it's another $20k for the memories and I watch them deflate.

DixieRestoParts

Here's a somewhat similar incident to go along with this post. A Camaro guy I know about 8 years ago found a '69 Hemi Charger 4spd F8 with white interior that had been t-boned back in the day. Engine and lots of other parts missing. He bought it for I think about 10K. I told him before he started the restoration, that I'd give him $10K more than the paid for it, and that would be about the profit he would make once restored. He declined. I helped him with a ton of parts, and about two years later it was done and auctioned off. I think it brought about $110K at auction. Afterwards, I asked him if he should have taken my offer or if he did better. He said, he probably should have taken my offer.

Camaro guy in a Mopar world. He's lucky he didn't lose his shirt. If he hadn't had the help of myself and some other Mopar guys, he probably would have.
Dixie Restoration Parts
Ball Ground, Georgia
Phone: (770) 975-9898
Phone Hours: M-F 10am-6pm EST
mail@dixierestorationparts.com
Veteran owned small business

The Best Parts at a Fair Price

dodgey68

PMSL
i had Big Enos  and little enos Burdette from smokey and the bandit try buying my car at a car show, wouldnt friggen leave me alone till i started raising my voice,,

them; hey  is this your car
me; yep
them ; would you consider selling it
me; nope
them, oh c,mon everything is for sale
me; sorry im not interested thank you
them ill make you a good offer
me;  you couldn't make an  offer big enough for me to let it go sorry
them, little bloke stands up on his balls of his feet, you know we can afford it we make good money
me, your not listening  are ya
them, but i like the car, like it , nice loooking
me, you could make an over over 100k i still wouldn't take it , money for this car dosnt   make any difference, its my dream car, i got it i own it, and  i built this car with my kids when they were young, (sentimental value i guess)
his face dropped, ,,"
i couldn't replace this car for that and i don't have the time nor the financials to do that again,, 
it went on,,,,  so i got in and left the car show just couldn't be bothered with the shit,, 
when all you own is a hammer, every job  resembles a nail.

Kern Dog

richf

1968 Charger 318/904 project
1985 Suzuki Madura GV700
2007 Ford Crown Victoria P71

Poor college student

Kern Dog

Okay, thank you. I would not admit to that but....