News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Charger Prices Out of hand??

Started by y3chargerrt, August 12, 2005, 06:33:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Troy

That car became worth that much on Aug-11-05 21:45:08 PDT when someone hit the "Buy it Now" (assuming the new buyer actually pays). Cars are worth exactly what someone is willing to pay for them. You forgot to mention it's a buddy seat, column shift car with trim that's on crooked. I don't see the value personally but there's a few threads about Charger pricing already which try to explain it. My guess is that someone out there has a spray gun, some orange paint, an itchy trigger finger, and thinks they can make a quick $20k.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

71440bee

People are paying that for GL clones so at least this car looks correct. Does seem pretty crazy! Looks like a really nice car. Buyer was a 1 feedbacker so they probably won't pay and it will be on again.

ChargerRob

Mighty Mean Mexican Mopar

Khyron

I am SSSSSSSSSSSSSOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoo glad I bought my charger when I did.

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

69hemi

Quote from: Troy on August 12, 2005, 06:54:04 AM
That car became worth that much on Aug-11-05 21:45:08 PDT when someone hit the "Buy it Now" (assuming the new buyer actually pays). Cars are worth exactly what someone is willing to pay for them. Troy

BINGO!  Someone thought that the preceived value of that car was worth the "Buy It Now" amount.  That car might not be worth that to you or me but to him it was and he was happy to pay it. 
http://www.69hemi.com
1969 Hemi R/T Charger
1969 440 GTX
1965 Hemi A/FX Plymouth
1964 Hemi Superstock Dodge
02 Ram
95 Ram

BigBlockSam

Quoteglad I bought my charger when I did 
:iagree:
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

69hemi

Quote from: BigBlockSam on August 12, 2005, 09:57:52 AM
Quoteglad I bought my charger when I did  
:iagree:

Me too, as there is no way I could afford a Hemi car now.
http://www.69hemi.com
1969 Hemi R/T Charger
1969 440 GTX
1965 Hemi A/FX Plymouth
1964 Hemi Superstock Dodge
02 Ram
95 Ram

41husk

Man! can these prices keep going up?
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

Khyron

can they? YES
will they? more then likely
will I sell? never

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

41husk

Never say never, but seriously if good drivers 383/727  start going for 50k or more it will be real hard for me not to sell and I love my car.
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904

Badbob

If they start selling for that much I will finish mine and sell it. Actually the prices are getting high enough that I would consider selling as is. After a death in the family last year and crashing on my Harley this year I really have no desire to cut and grind on a rusty old car. :icon_smile_blackeye:

Chris G.

'69 Owners (especially non-RT owners),
           Unless you absolutely love your car, you should be testing the waters right now. It will never get better than it is now. There's much hype about this goofy movie right now, and dumbass people with $$$ won't hesitate to purchase a General Lee or potential General Lee. If there's a sequel, it won't have anywhere close to the impact this movie did.   :Twocents:

BigBlockSam

i've been looking for a decent 70  r/t to restore  and they've gone up too. the'll make a gl out of any yr charger now.  Rene
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

Charger_Fan

Quote from: Badbob on August 12, 2005, 06:59:49 PM
...and crashing on my Harley this year...
Was it you that bought a new one this year? That sucks, Man. Glad you're ok, were you wearing gear?

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

Lightning

If I buy myself one, I'll buy it from somebody on this forum, at least I know I won't be ripped off.
when racing deals fall apart.....you go home, like me.

SuBLimE 69

The prices arent out of hand unless you looking to buy one....I am just waiting on someone to make me the right offer.  I already found another 69 through a family friend about an hour from here.  Its been sitting in a cinder block garage since 85'.

This ticket is only $69.00 ?  If I'd have known that I'd have been going FASTER !

martinihenry

Quote from: SuBLimE 69 on August 13, 2005, 12:59:42 PM
The prices arent out of hand unless you looking to buy one....I am just waiting on someone to make me the right offer.   I already found another 69 through a family friend about an hour from here.   Its been sitting in a cinder block garage since 85'.

I hate to ask a silly question, but why on earth would you want to get rid of that gorgeous Charger for another? This other Charger must be pretty bad-ass! I'd consider selling mine, only for HUGE monetary gain, but this is only because my car is a long, long way from "finished". Your sublime 69 looks pretty...sublime!

Jason
1969 Dodge Charger 318 (2 doors only, thank you very much)
1972 Dodge W-200 4X4 "PowerWagon"
...Only Dodge in my garage!

41husk

All I know is everything is for sale if the price is right.  Anyone need a barely used wife? ??? :rotz:
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904

SuBLimE 69

Quote from: 41husk on August 13, 2005, 06:40:54 PM
All I know is everything is for sale if the price is right.   Anyone need a barely used wife? ??? :rotz:

Depends on how many kids she has spit out...Maybe an even swap ?

This ticket is only $69.00 ?  If I'd have known that I'd have been going FASTER !

Lostsheep

The price that GL's are going for is crazy. :image_294343:

Bluebeast

All I can say is that I'm glad I got my Charger when I did, even though I had to scrape together the money to do so at the time. That car just makes me grin from ear to ear every time I look at her!
1970 Dodge Charger 500 SE 4speed