News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Champion radiator not fitting anyone have this problem

Started by jwells1993, May 08, 2018, 08:15:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jwells1993

I ordered a champion aluminum radiator for my charger off the measurements of my old radiator only top bolts line up and it seems to sit high there a secret to these? Do I have to drill new holes I'd rather not in a new radiator that was supposed to fit it was a 318 car now a 440 car and I can't remember exactly but I believe my old radiator was the larger core one  can anyone help? Before I try to return it or should I just return it? I'll post pics when I get to work and I can use the computer
keep on keepin on

Lennard

I have no tips on how to fix it... but I've read on different forums that work was needed to make Champion radiators fit.

jwells1993

gotcha thanks guess ill have to just work it in there
keep on keepin on

justcruisin

I have had two Champion radiators for mopars, one I had to slot the mount holes because it sat too high and the other dropped right in. I suggested to them that they send them out undrilled but no big deal, just drill it, it's not like they are are 100 point reproduction item. For what it's worth they both performed well.

mopar0166

Guess my first question is did you custom order one and buy the one they have for a charger? 

I have a 4 row champion 26"  with shroud and electric fans.  fits and operates extremely well, you can beat them for the money.  All of my hardware holes matched up fine and I had just enough room to slide that big 4 row in.  I don't understand how it wont fit it you measured off your old one, my advice would be to call champion and talk to them.  they are very willing to help. 

c00nhunterjoe

I will have to look at mine again, i beleive the holes lined up, but the slots were something like 1/8" too narrow and i had to open them up.

JHolslin

I put one in last year. had to drill new holes and weld tabs to fit my stock fan shroud. but she stays cool.