News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Anyone use those new laser cut frame connectors?

Started by runningman, May 03, 2006, 08:37:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

runningman

Just picked a set of them up at manicini's.  Anybody here try them yet??

68ChargerJMP

Ive got a pair from US Car Tool but havent put them in yet.

Silver R/T

Ill definitely put those on when I get time and extra funds
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

daytonalo

I INSTALLED U.S CAR TOOL A WHILE AGO , I POSTED MANY PIX UNDER AERO CARS . THEY LOOK LIKE A FACTORY FRAME RAIL WHEN DONE , ALTHOUGH THEY TAKE AN ENORMOUS AMOUNT OF GRINDING TO GET THEM TO FOLLOW FLOOR COUNTOURS . LARRY

Kern Dog

I remember seeing them from US Cartool and thought that they looked nice. I ended up making my own frame connectors anyway. I used 3x3 .120 wall tubing. I made a pattern of the floorpans and traced it on scrap steel to make my connectors look really close to the US Cartool pieces. I even seam sealed the whole shebang. Underneath it appears like a factory job, only not nearly as sloppy!

fy469rtse

I break pressed my own , had done them before just like the us cartool ones, but I like the strenght of the box tube ones, so I weld in a false top plate so they are boxed, also added the ears or legs that sit against floor , convienent place to plug weld , also drilled the drain holes so to give appearance of being factory, also added torque boxes,but yes they look good and a bit of grinding to fit yes I wished I had seen them before I went the trouble of making my own, they make a lot of difference to the chassis, will post some photos of install when I find them

Fred

I bought my sub frame connectors from XV Motorsport about 5 years ago.

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

Mike DC

QuoteI bought my sub frame connectors from XV Motorsport about 5 years ago.

:scratchchin:

So has XV delivered them yet, or are they still on backorder?

Fred

Quote from: Mike DC (formerly miked) on June 11, 2013, 01:57:01 AM

:lol:   I had them within 10 days. Service was excellent  Shipping was astronomical!  I've never had any problems with XV and I've dealt with them a lot.

Dino

:smilielol:
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

ChargerST

I'm thinking about installing frame connectors as well but I've heard that the US Car Tools connectors don't help as much as square connectors.
Using connectors like the Hotchkis ones would probably help more because they attach to the leaf spring mount in the rear and to the front frame rails - no need for torque boxes at all then. Here's an article about the install: http://www.moparmusclemagazine.com/techarticles/body/mopp_1102_hotchkis_sub_frame_connector_installation/

Fred

Quote from: Dino on June 11, 2013, 09:06:00 AM

:smilielol:

Yes, I thought that was funny too.

Ryan

Quote from: ChargerST on June 11, 2013, 11:01:13 AM
I'm thinking about installing frame connectors as well but I've heard that the US Car Tools connectors don't help as much as square connectors.
Using connectors like the Hotchkis ones would probably help more because they attach to the leaf spring mount in the rear and to the front frame rails - no need for torque boxes at all then. Here's an article about the install: http://www.moparmusclemagazine.com/techarticles/body/mopp_1102_hotchkis_sub_frame_connector_installation/

Most people I have spoke with have said the opposite.
While the square connectors are physically stronger, the way they are mounted is not. They only have 2 attachment points (front, rear) while the US cartool / XV units are welded the entire length of the floor.
The best method would be to make your own square connectors and have them pass threw the floor pan and weld that entire seam, you would get the best of both worlds.

That being said I have the US cartool units.  Took alot of grinding to make them fit but thats OK. Id rather have to much material then not enough.
69 charger r/t Triple Black
   572 HEMI, Passion 5 speed, 4.10 Dana under construction

2014 viper TA