News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Anyone know what happen to the 1968 charger registry??

Started by ChargerHound69, May 02, 2006, 08:30:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChargerHound69

I went to the 1968 charger registry site today and it seems to not be there.  Anyone have any idea if he shut it down or not??

JimShine

I am making it over with a quick update as well. You will see it back up tomorrow.

BigBlockSam

i never registered my 68 r/t, how do i get to it. Rene
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

ChargerAndy

limey

Would love to know how to get to it....Mines a base model 318, but would still like to register it.... ;)
Put your hand on a hot stove for a minute, and it seems like an hour. Sit with a pretty girl for an hour, and it seems like a minute. THAT'S relativity. -- Albert Einstein

41husk

I need to register mine as soon as the site comes up.
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

jwilk01

Here is the link:

http://www.1968dodgechargerregistry.com/

It doesn't look like it is updated yet.  But hopefully he will update it soon so mine will be on there too.

Later
Josh

JimShine

I am working on revamoing things. I need some input here. What items are you guys wanting to see in the registry? I am sure few want their whole VIN numbers shared. Should I do the first 3 digits of the sequence number? What about Fender tag info? I need to make this as easy for me to update as possible as I have other websites I contribute to and work that puts food on the table. Rather than see this sit in limbo any longer, I decided to throw away all my original ideas and will take some advice on the setup.

Thansk!

Dave22443

Having managed a few web pages of my own in spare time, I know all too well how hard it is to keep things fresh and up to date, especially when your not getting paid for it.  Now this is just a thought, so don't get upset by it, but you did say that you were open to ideas...

What if you talked to the '70 Charger registry site and got permission to copy their templates and scripts?  Save their pages, make the nessesary informational and graphical changes and pop it up to your site?  They've got a great looking site already built that fits well and it would give the two registry sites a common theme as well as save you a lot of work.

It's just a thought, and you won't hurt my feelings if you blow me off.  I have a '68 myself that I sent you information on quite a while back.  I don't see it listed there, so if you like, I'll send it again.

http://www.1970chargerregistry.com/

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
- Abraham Lincoln

JimShine

No insult here. I appreciate the input immensely If that is what people want to see, then I am game. I want to provide the best resource for you guys, but an unsure what exactly you all want to see.

Dave22443

Well, in my case, I'd like to see production numbers, literature, decoding information, historical information (race, movie, TV, etc) where these cars have been featured, as well as how many are left and where they are today.  Thats something I don't see on the 70 site.  I mean, its nice to know there are over 1200 of theirs registered, but I don't see any way to look them up?  And thats something your site has over theirs.  Of course, that also makes it a lot harder to keep up with it.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
- Abraham Lincoln

JimShine

What would you like to look up? I ask because I know that the only way I can keep people submitting is to conceal atleast part of their VIN number. Maybe I should have fields of each prefix for people to look through?

ChargerHound69

I like the fender tag decoder.  That is very helpful.  I also would like to see a picture gallery like on the 1969 and 1970 reg. pages.

If at all possible, a break down of options and color of the cars you already have registered. 

Keep up the good work, I am glad to see you took on this project.

Thanks

Dave22443

What would you like to look up? I ask because I know that the only way I can keep people submitting is to conceal atleast part of their VIN number. Maybe I should have fields of each prefix for people to look through?

Well, I certainly wouldn't expect everyone to make their private information available for all to see.  Maybe a geographical location map?  I don't know.  I guess what I was really driving at was a way to not only know that these cars are still out there, but roughly where they are too? 

Just a thought.  No biggie.

- Abraham Lincoln

ChargerHound69

That would be nice too.  A way to see just how many are registered in your area.

Just a breakdown of the option would be fine for me.  I also like the production stats.

JimShine

Dave, the input is much appreciated. I am going away for a few days. Let me think this all over and when I come back, I will aim to nail down a few of the things you would like to see. I just have to sort it out and execute it.

OttawaCharger

Given that the 68 tag decodes differently than the 69 and 70 a fender tag decoder is definitely a plus.  If you do your tag decoder online, perhaps you could have it spit out the decoded tag options and next to each option have it indicate how many cars in the registry have that option?
1968 Charger -currently spread all over my garage!

FastbackJon

Go here if you want full breakdowns, listings, maps, color codes for registered Chargers. Of course they are '66 and '67 Chargers...

http://www.66-67charger.com/registry

Once you have all of the php and your SQL server tables set up, it is a simple task to update the database. All of the listing pages are fully automated using php, so no maintenance on them. No manually adding rows, no manually counting up production totals, it is all done programatically on the fly!

And the last three digits of ALL VINs are hidden. So what I did with the pictures, to be able to easily link them with each registered car, was to assign my own unique seven digit "Charger ID" to each Charger once it is registered. This number has no other ties to the outside world, or even to the car's serial number, so that is good.

About addresses and information, I don't even ask for or keep track of the owner's addresses, just their city/state. Phone numbers are optional when registering, and I hardly ever call anyone. I don't display any owner information, unless the owner specifically asks me to display it, and even then I will only list the first name and email address.

I'd be glad to give some limited help with php coding if anyone wants to start up on that with their registry site. Of course your server has to be set up with php and an sql server already.
"This was the dedication of the altar, in the day when it was anointed, by the princes of Israel: twelve chargers of silver, twelve silver bowls, twelve spoons of gold..." -- Numbers 7:84 KJV

0X01B8

Chris G.

Quote from: 0X01B8 on May 05, 2006, 08:44:21 PM
Convergence would be nice...sigh...check out the lack of interest...

I read that thread, and while that would be nice, it is also nice to have specific year registries that are very easily accessible.

It's pretty simple to me. If I owned a 66 Charger and was looking for paperwork or to register my car, I would contact Jon. If I owned a 69 Charger, I would contact the 69 Registry. It's all a very simple process. I try and help out every true registry that is out there, by taking pictures at shows, talking to owners hoping they will contact that specific registry, etc, etc. It's all grunt work, but well worth it.

It sounds to me like you are a guy who is looking for his broadcast sheet? Trust me, our registry has B. Sheets waiting to be claimed. If you owned a '70 Charger and you were looking for your sheet, all you need to do is ask. If we don't have paperwork on your car, at least you are in the database and if something comes up, your contact information is readily available. Oh, and we won't need your credit card number.  :icon_smile_wink:

0X01B8

That's what I'm talking about, but all in one spot.  Nobody would be cut out.  Any info, on say a 70 would go to the 70 registry and so on, automatically.  Basically, it's just what the credit card companies have been doing for years.  Convergence.  Any lost Mopar broadcast sheet?  Let the server figure it out and notify the right people.   It could be so nice...

FastbackJon

Spreading the registries out allows much better focus on each of the individual years. If you just lump them all together under one person, then it becomes a full time job for that person to just keep on top of things, let alone keep any websites updated with production stats, let alone be able to build any cool maps or option totals or anything like that.
"This was the dedication of the altar, in the day when it was anointed, by the princes of Israel: twelve chargers of silver, twelve silver bowls, twelve spoons of gold..." -- Numbers 7:84 KJV

Silver R/T

registry dont work :(
anyone knows of free registry for 2nd gen, like fastbackJon has
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

OttawaCharger

Looks like you need to get in there and renew your domain for another year Jim.
I'm getting www.1968dodgechargerregistry.com is expired error when trying to access the page.
1968 Charger -currently spread all over my garage!