News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Washer Pump ????

Started by mikepmcs, May 02, 2006, 08:45:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikepmcs

Put in my washer res and hooked up what i thought was the right wire(original res was MIA)  Wire strung along side of fender about the right length etc...  Thought it had to be the right one.  Hooked it up, grounded etc... and when i turned the key on it sounded like an ever running electric fuel pump, shut it off and unplugged wire.  WTF??  why is it constantly running?? Tried the ole hitting the pump switch on the dash repeatedly to see if it was just stuck but alas, it's me that is stuck.
:smilie_help:
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

Nacho-RT74

normally, washer pump is a brown wire
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

JimShine

Yeah, but I know that some of my wires were hard to call the colors from the years of being in that engine bay. Maybe you have the factory horn power wire (which runs to the relay) attached to the washer pump?

mikepmcs

Jim
good call on the color deal, i'm definitely experiencing that.  it was a mess under there but i'm nailing it little by little.  this wire i had to cut and add a few feet from way back on the firewall.  most of the wires are orange due to a stuck spray gun is the only reason i can think of(hee hee)
I thought that too about the constant horn deal, i just haven't been too concerned with it, due to playing with suspension and all, i'll try to get in there again tonight and find the brown wire or scrape some paint off the piece i replaced.
i'll keep you posted.  I don't know why i'm so worried about it i don't even have the hoses hooked up and the squirters on the cowl are either broken or missing some pieces, it's filled up and i have a plugged hose for now so no leaks, i wanted to prime the pump.

Just like me, i'll by brand new wipers for a busted windshield("christine" quote of the day)

thanks
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

JimShine

Gotcha! Figure out what you need for parts to get it working and I will round them up. I have a few washer rigs and lots of hosing for them kicking around.

mikepmcs

Jim
thanks for the offer.
I'll email you later on tonight if i get to the car, i'm buried in the woodshop on a box i'm putting together for a guy.  thought i had another week, i was wrong, he retires friday, i'll send you pics of that one.
talk to ya
r/Mike