News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

New member. 68 Charger

Started by hhn_jff, January 26, 2018, 10:24:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hhn_jff

Hello Everyone! Thought I would introduce myself. My name if Jeff and am from Fargo ND. I have a 68 Charger with a 383 4 barrel and 4 speed. I joined to do some research and gain some knowledge. The car was restored in the late 90s by my Grandfather and has been in the family since I believe 69. Part of my research will be to figure out the cars current value, rarity, and also help repair a few known issues. Thanks for letting me join and glad to see a forum still in use instead of facebook taking over. Good day everyone!

birdsandbees

Welcome aboard ! A great place with some very knowledgeable folks !
1970 'Bird RM23UOA170163
1969 'Bee WM21H9A230241
1969 Dart Swinger LM23P9B190885
1967 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S
1966 Plymouth Satellite HP2 - 9941 original miles
1964 Dodge 440 62422504487

ht4spd307

JR

Welcome to the site, and post pics! We love pics! Sounds like a nice car.
70 Charger RT top bananna /68 Charger RT triple green

hhn_jff

I'm working on the Photo thing. I haven't posted a photo on a forum since the whole Photobucket collapse. haha. Ill get it though I hope.

Lennard

Welcome to the forum Jeff. You came to the right place. :2thumbs:

69wannabe

Welcome to the forums, alot of great guys on here and alot of knowledge on here too. Great car by the way....

BLK 68 R/T

Mytur Binsdirti

I see it's got a distributor vacuum valve, is it a CA car?

hhn_jff

Not a Cali car as far as I know. I believe has been in ND/MN its entire life. Will have to talk to my Uncle and see where he bought it from.

tan top

Quote from: hhn_jff on January 26, 2018, 10:24:13 AM
Hello Everyone! Thought I would introduce myself. My name if Jeff and am from Fargo ND. I have a 68 Charger with a 383 4 barrel and 4 speed. I joined to do some research and gain some knowledge. The car was restored in the late 90s by my Grandfather and has been in the family since I believe 69. Part of my research will be to figure out the cars current value, rarity, and also help repair a few known issues. Thanks for letting me join and glad to see a forum still in use instead of facebook taking over. Good day everyone!

Hello & welcome   :2thumbs: :coolgleamA:  love the slot mags  :drool5:

Quote from: Mytur Binsdirti on January 26, 2018, 12:22:03 PM
I see it's got a distributor vacuum valve, is it a CA car?

what I was thinking  :yesnod:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

Nacho-RT74

OH NO!!!!! ANOTHER GREEN CAR

:horse: :stirthepot: :sarcasmalert: :drive: :wave: :wave:  :icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_big:

J/K... great looking car!!!! there is something extremelly charm about 68 seat covers and the light colored pleats!!!!
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

6pkrtse

Welcome. Don't touch a thing. Just drive it & enjoy it as is. Looks awesome.
1963 Belvedere 413 Max Wedge
1970 Charger R/T S.E. 440 sixpack.
1970 Challenger R/T Drag Radial 528 Hemi
1970 Charger 500 S.E. 440 4 BBL
1970 Road Runner 383 4 BBL
1974 Chrysler New Yorker 440 4 BBL
1996 Dodge Ram 2500 V-10 488 cu in.
2004 Dodge Ram 3500 CTD Dually 6x6
2012 Challenger R/T Classic

hhn_jff

Thanks everyone. Just need this winter to blow by so I can get it out and clean it up again and going again. I inherited it from my mom who passed away a few years ago and I just haven't had much interest in doing much with it until late this fall when I decided I needed to get it out and going again, then it snowed. haha. I know the radio doesn't function and the tic tac clock does nothing. My little bit of research leads me to believe its one of of a few hundred that came with a manual transmission... does this seem correct? I thought the old timers liked manuals more than that so seems weird. Hopefully ill learn more soon.

Chad L. Magee

It would be one of 259 1968 Dodge Chargers with the 383-4bbl. and a 4-speed if I remember the production numbers right.  I have a very rough (rolled) 383-2bbl., 4-speed version (one of 74) that was bright red exterior, white vinyl top, white with red inserts interior (very rare option)....
Ph.D. Metallocene Chemist......

nvrbdn

Nice car. Love the slots also. The car looks awesome. That is perfect the way it is in my opinion. Enjoy that thing and think of the family tree while driving it. Your Grandfather restored it to be driven. :2thumbs:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

ws23rt

Welcome.  I think many here envy what you have.   It is a project that can be driven and enjoyed. On the weekend's bits and pieces can be fixed or added as needed.
Resist the temptation to take it all apart to make it better. That would likely take years and cubic dollars and you would be back to where you are now -essentially.  :cheers:

Dans 68

Welcome to the site! A 4-speed big block '68 Charger. Does not get much better than that. Once you get the hang of posting pics, post lots.  :cheers:

Dan
1973 SE 400 727  1 of 19,645                                        1968 383 4bbl 4spds  2 of 259

69rtse4spd

Welcome to the site, great looking car, as said before, don't take it apart, just drive, fix & have fun. :2thumbs:.

dual fours

Hi Jeff from Fargo, ND., welcome and good to have you aboard. I like your '68 Charger. Yes "photo bucket" did a number on a lot of us.
1970 Dodge Charger SE, 383 Magnum, dual fours, Winter's shifter and racing transmission.

26 END
J25 L31 M21 M31 N85 R22
VX1 AO1 A31 A47 C16 C55
FK5 CRXA TX9 A15
E63 D32 XP29 NOG

Mopar Nut

"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

BIGBLCK11

Great car!  Welcome to the forum.  I agree with clean it up, make it roadworthy and drive it.   :2thumbs:

triple_green

Great car! I have gotten a amazing amount of help from the members of this site over the years!
68 Charger 383 HP grandma car (the orignal 3X)

XH29N0G

Welcome and nice looking car.  People here have a lot of information and others will be able to better give an idea of value.  I think those of my parent's generation usually opted for automatic.  Mine also had a manual and I never asked my dad why he chose that. 
Who in their right mind would say

"The science should not stand in the way of this."? 

Science is just observation and hypothesis.  Policy stands in the way.........

Or maybe it protects us. 

I suppose it depends on the specific case.....

BDF

Hello Jeff, welcome here & enjoy the car  :cheers: