News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

I might be loosing the Charger fever

Started by Supercharged Riot, April 30, 2006, 10:31:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Supercharged Riot

I think Im going to take 89MOPAR's advice and do a little more with my credit and have a little more patience and money on the table by giving it a few more months. Im really after a car thats ready to go. no work needed. Im too young for a project car and I spend most of my time during the day working and at nights I go to school. My weekends are booked for school work.

I intend to get a 70 Charger as well. Turn a rust bucket into a drag monster but....

So to put it simple Im looking for a complete Charger thats (almost) flawless. Im speaking mostly about the body condition. Engine package can always be upgraded thru my eyes. I just dont want to deal with rust

AKcharger 

"Nah, Take it from me, I have 2 Chargers and their Stupid cars, don't waste your time."

....I dont know about that advice. How come you have 2 Chargers then?

limey

Quote from: Supercharged Riot on April 30, 2006, 10:31:09 PM

Can someone slap some sense into me (so that I can have a little more hope & faith)? or am I actually making a logical point? Those EVO's are starting to look good (I can get a good used one for about $22-$25K too)

Listen my friend, I know it can be a long hard wait...but I have just got mine....the feeling is indescribable...it is worth the wait and the saving up for. You know, and I know, and everyone else on this board knows, that in your heart its Mopar or No Car....sure you could get the EVO....great fun...fast, everything thats great about a Jap import....My other half has a Mitsubishi FTO with a hopped up engine, Veilside body kit, and its a great little car....she loves it...I enjoy driving it....but now I have the Charger....man it doesn't even compare...nothing does.....keep the faith!...stick with it...
Limey
Put your hand on a hot stove for a minute, and it seems like an hour. Sit with a pretty girl for an hour, and it seems like a minute. THAT'S relativity. -- Albert Einstein

Mike DC

Maybe you should consider buying another B-body Mopar like a Coronet or a Plymouth (or just a wrong-year Charger) in the meantime.  It's not the same, but you could take the money and get a functioning car to play with that will not depreciate your money away like a modern car would.  You may also get a lot of seat-time & mechanical experience with a platform that's very simliar to the Charger you're really after, and that's always worth something. 

It beats only having a boring modern car for years.   And as long as you buy a decent driveable Mopar (and don't start tearing it apart & restoring everything) you shouldn't really lose much money when the time comes to sell it later.

AirborneSilva

Just don't get in a hurry, and do your homework, or you may get screwed like me..... Oh, STAY AWAY FROM HLPAG!!!  If you see something on e-bay make sure it is not HLPAG selling it, they do go by several different names.  Good luck, I do hope you find exactly what your looking for.  I have been wanting a charger ever since I sold mine in the late 70's (had a 68 Charger R/T), finally when I had the money to get a project charger I didn't do my homework, though I did look at a few chargers, and thought I was getting a descent deal but ended up getting screwed royally by them ass wipes at HLPAG...

moparfied

Be paitent one will come your way. Do not buy any car that you don\'t look in person,or have someone near by that is knowledgeable in Mopars check the car out,before exchanging any money. There are a lot of scammers on E bay.

wetfeetmi

Maybe consider a Duster/Dart in the meantime. More affordable and will appreciate in value until you pop for the Charger. I have owned 2 of these cars, and you get a good bang for the buck. Both were were 340 cars and ran like a raped ape. I was losing interest in my old Mopars and considering a Subaru WRX then came to my senses. Good luck!