News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

With tons of Mopars going overseas, whats the future here in the states?

Started by socalcharger, January 19, 2018, 02:24:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aerolith

When I was a biker dude in my youth i always wanted a Vincent Black Shadow!
Saw one on USA TV-show for $100,000, guess I won't be getting one now... :scratchchin:
Never send to know, for whom the bell tolls,
IT TOLLS FOR THEE...

John Donne 1623

A12 Superbee

Just one more thing SoCal, let me get this straight, you are basically saying that because you are an American and us foreigners are not, we are stealing your God given Mopar inheritance, passed down to you, by virtue of being an American?

I can guarantee you, without a shadow of a doubt, that there were more American cars in the driveway of my childhood home here in Australia than there ever was in yours, and you are bemused that someone like me should want to own one? I would put the number of US cars that passed through my dads hands from the time I came along in 1968 to when he passed in 96 at around 40, perhaps as much as 50+.

Personally, I'm insulted at your reasoning, that essentially we are unworthy of these cars and considering that it was an Australian that invented Black Box Flight recorders and Wi-Fi amongst a few other things, I demand that you stop watching Air Crash Investigations and disable Wi-Fi on all your devices because it's ours, OURS I tells ya!! ::)

BTW, my brother owns a 70 GSX Buick, yep, we're stealing those too! :laugh:

A12 Dodge Superbee Coupe 4 speed Car number 157 in the A12 Registry.
XBGT Ford Falcon sedan, same model as Max drives in The Roadwarrior, the yellow car he starts off in.
WANT: Triple black 68 or 70 Charger!

TruckDriver

Hey, my all time dream car is the Ford Falcon GT or Cobra.  :yesnod:
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

JB400

Go figure.  The Aussies get all the cool muscle like the Falcon, Monaro, and the vh Charger, while the Euro's get cars like Ferrari, Lamborghini, Rolls, Bentley, and Mini.

I guess I'll just settle for a dumb old Dodge. :icon_smile_dissapprove:

alfaitalia

A12superbee...you will have to drop your claim to Wifi...! The father of wifi was Vic Hayes........and he was Dutch. I assume you are referring to Dr Sullivan....he did indeed get it working and effort the technology but using Hayes definitions and ideas.

https://www.thoughtco.com/who-invented-wifi-1992663
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you !!

A12 Superbee

I hear ya, but that's like giving the Wright Brothers credit for the jet engine, they flew a plane first soooo.......

Dr Sullivan made it work, we made Wi-Fi, we own Wi-Fi, I'm selling usage rights for Bitcoin or Mopars. Payment is applied retrospectively too, so if you've been using Wi-Fi you'll need to pony up your cars.  ;)
XBGT Ford Falcon sedan, same model as Max drives in The Roadwarrior, the yellow car he starts off in.

JR

Credit where it's due, I'll say you Aussies have perfected car shows. I'd much rather attend your events than another stodgy, uptight American one.

Australian muscle car show:

American muscle car show:

:icon_smile_big:

I will say if anyone goes through the hassle of buying a car from the other side of the planet, pays for shipping, VAT, insurance, fuel, etc, then it's clear they must REALLY appreciate it, and I say good for them.

I'd much rather watch a video of a Charger being driven in Australia (or anywhere), than see another one locally that's never driven and preserved as an investment.
70 Charger RT top bananna /68 Charger RT triple green

A12 Superbee

Quote from: TruckDriver on January 22, 2018, 04:56:41 PM
Hey, my all time dream car is the Ford Falcon GT or Cobra.  :yesnod:

G'day Mate,

I've got an XBGT sedan, similar to the purple one pictured and my previous mount was an XB Falcon Coupe, which I sorely miss!

A lot of XA and XB Coupes have been shipped to the US to be made into or already had been made into, Mad Max Interceptors. They are worth a fortune here now, in any form.

aerolith

Hi SoCal,

I blame the internet (www) for everything wrong in the World today, (invented by an Englishman!).
Car (stealing) buying car be done without even leaving the armchair!!! :icon_smile_big:

Back when we had to use a telephone to buy a rusty wrecks form the USA, it was much more fun.
It always used to make me laugh when on the phone to an American, they would say ''are you an Australian''.
No I'm from the 'old country' and thats not ROME!
Then some of us would get on planes an fly all over the States on 'FOOLS ERRANDS'. :slap:

Us Limeys are only looking after your wonderful Mopars, you can have them back anytime you want, you just got to 'cough-up' the Benjamins... :2thumbs:
Never send to know, for whom the bell tolls,
IT TOLLS FOR THEE...

John Donne 1623

INTMD8

I was wondering, how do we properly distribute AC cobras?  The engines stay here and the chassis go back to the UK?
69 Charger. 438ci Gen2 hemi. Flex fuel. Holley HP efi. 595rwhp 475rwtq

Challenger340

I still believe there are many, many, many fine examples of musclecars hiding/lovingly stored away in Garages, that will be popping out of the woodwork here in North America in a few years, as the aged long time owners kick the bucket.

Until recently I would NOT have believed it, and in fact I was quite sure that most, if not ALL the undiscovered cars were now discovered or otherwise "out there"
Then a few months ago I met a guy 15 years my senior(I thought I was old)
started yakk'in old Chrysler's... next thing I know we got together so he could show me his "toys".
Long story short here....
I toured 3 buildings FULL of R/T's, GTX's, HEMI's, Wedges, 30's, 40's, 50's, 60's right on up to 70's stuff, and all of it very high quality original examples with some "restored".
It was quite the collection !
He even had an old cast iron factory 318 Poly 2X4 BBL Intake Manifiold sitting on a shelf ?

He could sell tickets to tour that place !

Just say'in here...
none of us get out alive, how many other hermit collectors are "out there" ?
Only wimps wear Bowties !

Alaskan_TA

BDF

Quote from: alfaitalia on January 22, 2018, 11:05:00 AM
Be interesting to know how many members on here actually have a classic British or European car or motorcycle....I willing to be its a few.
I've owned a Triumph Gt6 and TR6 in the past. I painted them orange with '01's on the doors and then jumped
the crick with them for the amusement of my drunken redneck buddies.  :icon_smile_big:
Not really, I sold them to other resident foreigners here.
BTW, my friend had a very nice Ford Cortina Lotus. Thanks for sending them across the pond!  :cheers:

ws23rt

Plenty of comments have come in on this topic.
So--socalcharger--Is your question answered?  

alfaitalia

Quote from: BDF on January 24, 2018, 09:31:23 PM
Be interesting to know how many members on here actually have a classic British or European car or motorcycle....I willing to be its a few.
I've owned a Triumph Gt6 and TR6 in the past. I painted them orange with '01's on the doors and then jumped
the crick with them for the amusement of my drunken redneck buddies.  :icon_smile_big:
Not really, I sold them to other resident foreigners here.
BTW, my friend had a very nice Ford Cortina Lotus. Thanks for sending them across the pond!  :cheers:

Ahhhhh......memories. Ford Lotus Cortina (names correct was around!)......when I was young (before I was seduced by Bo and Luke's motor!) the Ford Lotus Cortina was the car of my dreams. Still being raced at Goodwood and other classic car meets up and down the country even now.

toocheaptosmoke

What the heck, might as well toss in some of my perspective.  :lol:   I will start by saying that I don't personally have a problem with the people buying these cars, you have to be pretty hardcore to go through all the trouble and expense.  :cheers:

The sad part as I see it though, is that these cars are "growing up" and their identity is evolving as well.   I wasn't around back in the day, but still like to think of these cars as what they used to represent.  A muscle car, which was available for anyone to afford, and many others like also on the market, that was the norm back then.  Cheap gas, the open road, Americana.   Some 30 years later however, prices start rising and cars that used to available to anyone are getting out of reach for the casual buyer.   Prices continue going up until you either have to be fairly wealthy or extremely motivated to have one.  Demand and prices get to a point where it seems like the only people willing to pay are from out of the country. 

It's like the hometown hero up and leaving, and never coming back.  :-\

lloyd3

The world changes and we have no choice but to change with it.  When (and if) the day comes for me to send my car down "the river of commerce", I hope to realize it's full-market value.  I suspect that locally, nobody would really be interested in paying me what I'd hope to get for it. My "ace card" would then be to advertise it on the world market.  For purely nostalgic reasons, I'd like it to stay here but.....money always wins this argument.

Y1CHARGER

Seems like nothing but crickets coming from the OP Socalcharger, in my opinion I think he's an IDIOT, maybe he should go live in Cuba or some country that wants to control his every step.  Free market, Free trade, I'm happy that people in other countries are able to see these cars in person, why should someone even suggest that they shouldn't.   :coolgleamA:

alfaitalia

Lol.... That said he's most welcome to keep that one in the picture!

cdr

in my opinion ,, SOLD SOLD SOLD to the highest bidder anywhere in the world  :2thumbs:
LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

XH29N0G

Who in their right mind would say

"The science should not stand in the way of this."? 

Science is just observation and hypothesis.  Policy stands in the way.........

Or maybe it protects us. 

I suppose it depends on the specific case.....

XS29L9Bxxxxxx

I own three european vehicles.  :Twocents:

XH29N0G

I probably have a problem.  All my other cars are foreign and almost all are old enough for historic plates.  There is my son's 1981 528i (which is a german model imported by the neighbor), a 1999 S70 Volvo from my dad, and a 2000 V70 Volvo which we bought used.  The Volvo's are for the US market so not really taking away from the swedes.  :nana:
Who in their right mind would say

"The science should not stand in the way of this."? 

Science is just observation and hypothesis.  Policy stands in the way.........

Or maybe it protects us. 

I suppose it depends on the specific case.....