News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Thermostat fitment issue

Started by NHCharger, January 08, 2018, 08:45:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NHCharger

Shouldn't the thermostat fit into the recessed area of the water neck housing so it is flush with the bottom of the water neck?
I just bought a new thermostat (Mr. Gasket # 4367) and it doesn't sit down in the recessed area. I envision all sorts of leak issues. The car did not have a thermostat when I bought it so I can't compare it to the old one.

72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone- current moneypit
79 Lil Red Express - future moneypit
88 Ramcharger 4x4-moneypit in waiting
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

Pete in NH

HI,

That doen't look right. I agree with you, the thermostat flange should fit into the neck recess. I suspect its the wrong thermostat. Kind of typical of today's aftermarket parts. No one knows what goes into a 40 + year-old car.

John_Kunkel

Looks like the wrong thermostat housing, that one is made for setup where the thermostat is under the gasket instead of on top of it.
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

NHCharger

Just ordered a new water neck from O'Rielly's. I'll take the t-stat with me to double check before I buy it.
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone- current moneypit
79 Lil Red Express - future moneypit
88 Ramcharger 4x4-moneypit in waiting
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel