News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Build sheet found 69 charger is it yours?

Started by cbrestorations, December 13, 2017, 08:14:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cbrestorations

So I was all excited my new car had a build sheet till I saw it didn't belong to my car. If you have Vin XP29F9G130428 message me, it's urs for free

Harper

:cheers:
not mine but hopefully its someones...

where would one find a factory build sheet??? under the back seat? or where?
1968 Dodge Charger
1969 Dodge Charger (GL Clone)
1951 F1 Ford 302 EFI, Automatic
1965 F100 Ford Straight 6, 3 speed on column (all original)

Ghoste

Frequently under the back seat, sometimes up under the dash somewhere like the back of the glovebox or in the headliner or under the carpet.  Sometimes they arent there at all.

Alaskan_TA

Broadcast sheets can be found in the front seat back & bottoms also.

Some people have also found them taped inside the door panels, rear seat side panels & under the speaker shelf too.

Some have also found them via the found section at http://www.hamtramck-historical.com/found.shtml

Alaskan_TA

Also, some people find one broadcast sheet & stop looking!

Some cars have had five inside them.

So, look everywhere.

If you do find any with different VINs on them than the car they were found in, please look for a Registry for that make & model to report it to.

Not all make / models years have registries though, so the HH link above is one avenue to get them to the cars they match if you are willing to send the original in.

It is a free service & if an item is claimed, the person that donated that item is notified. It happened again yesterday & the paperwork is now on the way to the owner of the 1971 Cuda 340 convertible it matched.  :cheers:

XS29L9Bxxxxxx

I had to pull my vin and check. Nice thing for you to do, but not my car.  :cheers:

bakerhillpins

Found another broadcast sheet to my car stuck in the rear seat back this fall.  So I suspect that the seat back hasn't ever been pulled out.  Car came with 1 broadcast sheet from a Mopar enthusiast so they must have stopped looking after they found the 1st one.  It's in really nice shape to.
One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

70 sublime

The broadcast sheets used when the car was originally built
Is there more than one printed per car and different sections of the factory have it in their hands then leave it in the car ( maybe) or is there only one made and it stays with the car going down assembly line and they just look at it to see if the parts they put on need to be added to this car ?? 
next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

Alaskan_TA

They are called 'Broadcast' sheets for a reason.

Think of a radio broadcast, several people hear it at the same time.

These sheets were printed all over the plant in different departments, possibly 80 or so per car.

This way, the trim shop knew what seat combination to put together.

The engine & transmission guys new what assemblies to pick.

The front frame guys new which K-member was needed & front sway bar or not.

Etc, etc, etc.

In the case of the sheets in the seats, once the seats were done & sent to the main line to go on a car, that sheets job was done. At that point the guy grabbing a seat to put in the car was free to grab the closest one to him that was the right type.

So, finding a sheet or two for other cars is very common.