News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

I'm in doubt,please advise me

Started by kokxville, January 03, 2018, 04:42:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kokxville

Hi Guys,
here's the thing:
I have a guy who wants to buy my Charger and wants to trade in his 1970 Cuda.I have a 69 R/T SE 4 speed. It has a rebuild date correct 440 block.The fendertag is missing but the radiator support and trunk area match the vinnumber.
I own this car for 8 years. I have done a lot to it to have it in a good technical condition. Rebuild the Dana 60,changed all the wiring harnesses for newones,aluminum radiator,100 amp tuffstuf alt,firecore 50 rtr ignition,upgraded to wilwood discbrakes up front,rebuild the rear brakes with everything,new exhaust,new mopar performance leafsprings,polyeurethane bushings,edelbrock ias shocks,New 750 proform Doublepumper carb,new carter hv fuelpump etc.etc.The minus thing is that the paint is a 6 out of a 10. Has some teardrops and dust stains in it,but it's not rusted.

He want's to trade in his Black 1970 Cuda 383. It's a beautiful matching numbers car and it's done. I really like it.
But the longer i think about it,the more i get my doubts. I'm afraid that i gonna regret it if the charger is gone
Is the value equal to eachother or has anyone some good thoughts about this?

Thanks guys. :cheers:
1969 Charger R/T 4 speed A33 Track Pack.
1967 Dodge a108 360 Magnum. Daily driver
1969 Dodge Charger"the car you can take your kids in to school on a friday,go shopping on a saturday,dragrace on a sunday and go to work on monday"

Harper

Quote1969 Charger"the car you can take your kids in to school on a friday,go shopping on a saturday,dragrace on a sunday and go to work on monday"

me personally, this answered it for me :rotz:...I like the 69 charger better than a 70 cuda. The 70 cuda is nice especially if done right, and in black but its a cuda, not a 69 charger. my  :Twocents:
1968 Dodge Charger
1969 Dodge Charger (GL Clone)
1951 F1 Ford 302 EFI, Automatic
1965 F100 Ford Straight 6, 3 speed on column (all original)

Sublime/Sixpack

Is it a direct trade or is some additional cash involved?
1970 Sublime R/T, 440 Six Pack, Four speed, Super Track Pak

JR

70 Charger RT top bananna /68 Charger RT triple green

Moparpoolman

You do realize you're asking a bunch of Charger guys which they like better, what do you think they're going to say.  If you go on an E-body site and ask the same question, you'll probably get the opposite answer you'll get here.  The real question that no one but you can answer is Which do you want more?  If it was me, I'd find a way to have both. :icon_smile_big:

c00nhunterjoe

70B5Cuda

A second gen Charger trumps an e body all things being equal and things are not equal. 383 vs 440 (and RT/SE at that!!!)....dana 60 vs 8.75" (assumed)....your charger is worth more!
1968 Roadrunner-6.1L, 6 speed, 3.91 Getrag, IRS
1968 Charger- 6.1L, TR-6060, 9"
1968 Charger in RR1 "Ribeye"
1969 Charger in EW1 "S'more"
1969 Charger Survivor-R6, 383, 727.....WRECKED
1970 Barracuda-6.1L, 6 speed, 4.10 S60

DAY CLONA

I'm a Charger guy, but I'd take the Cuda in a heartbeat, be real sweet if it was a 71 Cuda, but the 70 is still nicer than a Charger IMHO

69CoronetRT

I'm not a Charger or Cuda guy.

Keep the Charger.
Seeking information on '69 St. Louis plant VINs, SPDs and VONs. Buld sheets and tag pictures appreciated. Over 3,000 on file thanks to people like you.

Mike DC

Cudas are nice but I wouldn't trade away a '69 RT/SE 4spd for one. 

paironines

No fender tag on the Charger evens the trade. Its still a tough choice.

Challenger340

Notice my username here ?
"nuff said....
IMO, E-Bodies are passe, the second generation Charger's have attained, and WILL maintain, a higher popularity curve for the foreseeable future.

Not that you should care what's popular with others, I just think having owned lots of B & E Bodies.... you will regret letting go of your Charger.
Only wimps wear Bowties !

JB400

What trans is in the "Cuda?

The Cuda is a good choice if you're wanting a numbers only car with the extra benefit/ curse of being black.  Some people pay more for a black car.  Personally, I don't like maintaining a black paint job.  Not fun wiping it down all the time to keep it looking nice.  Seems like something that would be just an investment.  Do a Hemi clone and increase your investment.

However, it seems that you don't mind modifying a car, like you've done to your Charger, so you can drive it without little worry of losing an investment, if something bad happens.  Blown motor, accident, etc.

F8-4life

Sounds like he wants to trade his cuda plus $$ for your charger.
I tend to think it's a bad idea to give up a more desirable mopar for a lesser car and cash.
If your in doubt it's a sign.
Think about it like this.... if no cash was involved, would you trade car for car?

chargerboy69

I have had several Chargers, a couple I had for several years I told myself I would never sell.

Now the Chargers are gone and I have a 69 Bee. I wouldnt trade my Bee for your car or the Cuda.  My point is other cars will/can fill your "car fix", it doesnt necessarily need to be a Charger.
Indiana Army National Guard 1st Battalion, 293rd Infantry. Nightfighters. Fort Wayne Indiana.

A government big enough to give you everything you need, is a government big enough to take away everything that you have.
--Gerald Ford

69wannabe

The only other mopar in the world that I would love to have other than my charger is a white 1970 dodge challenger R/T 440 pistol grip 4 speed but I wouldn't trade my charger for one. Since my car was a 383 I decided to try and have the best of both worlds and that's why my charger has the bigger engine now with the pistol grip 4 speed. I'm halfway between a duke boy and Kowalski LOL

tan top

Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

bakerhillpins

Quote from: c00nhunterjoe on January 03, 2018, 06:59:35 PM
Quote from: Moparpoolman on January 03, 2018, 06:44:21 PM
?  If it was me, I'd find a way to have both. :icon_smile_big:

This.

Agreed! A 70 Cuda is a car that I would very much like to own in addition to my Charger but I don't see myself trading one for the other as it's not going to actually solve the problem, just invert it and make it worse.

If you are going by the $$, it's tough to say even trade or not IMO. One car has no sheet/#s/tag where the other is missing the sheet. So it's parts vs pedigree which easily degrades to a religious discussion. Beyond that it's a personal decision and I'm sticking with the above - unless you are in love with the E body more your just trading green grass on one side of the street for that on the other.

:Twocents: I recall how much time and effort you put into locating, shipping, fixing that Charger. I don't think you would have done all that for a Charger if the Cuda was your hot button.  :Twocents:
One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

303 Mopar

Quote from: bakerhillpins on January 04, 2018, 07:24:46 AM
Quote from: c00nhunterjoe on January 03, 2018, 06:59:35 PM
Quote from: Moparpoolman on January 03, 2018, 06:44:21 PM
?  If it was me, I'd find a way to have both. :icon_smile_big:

This.

Agreed! A 70 Cuda is a car that I would very much like to own in addition to my Charger but I don't see myself trading one for the other as it's not going to actually solve the problem, just invert it and make it worse.

If you are going by the $$, it's tough to say even trade or not IMO. One car has no sheet/#s/tag where the other is missing the sheet. So it's parts vs pedigree which easily degrades to a religious discussion. Beyond that it's a personal decision and I'm sticking with the above - unless you are in love with the E body more your just trading green grass on one side of the street for that on the other.

:Twocents: I recall how much time and effort you put into locating, shipping, fixing that Charger. I don't think you would have done all that for a Charger if the Cuda was your hot button.  :Twocents:

I am fortunate to own both a '70 Cuda and a '68 Charger.  I have done a ton of work to each car and love them both.  IMO a '70/'71 Cuda and a '68/'69 Charger are kings of Mopar and arguably the most desired muscle cars out there right now.  The only way I would trade my Charger for a Cuda was if it were a significant upgrade, like a 4 spd Hemicuda in a high impact color fully restored. Otherwise, if you can find a way to have both do it!
1968 Charger - 1970 Cuda - 1969 Sport Satellite Convertible

6pkrtse

I am a B Body & an E Body guy. Having owned both. I would never trade a Charger for an E Body. For me I had to have both. LOL. After having my Charger for so many years I just went off and bought my Challenger later on.
1963 Belvedere 413 Max Wedge
1970 Charger R/T S.E. 440 sixpack.
1970 Challenger R/T Drag Radial 528 Hemi
1970 Charger 500 S.E. 440 4 BBL
1970 Road Runner 383 4 BBL
1974 Chrysler New Yorker 440 4 BBL
1996 Dodge Ram 2500 V-10 488 cu in.
2004 Dodge Ram 3500 CTD Dually 6x6
2012 Challenger R/T Classic

Nacho-RT74

I could think on it if 71 'Cuda ( only E body that I could be on my wish list, not saying E bodies don't like ), but not a 70. But even being 71 'Cuda... not just any 'Cuda if a 69 R/T SE 4 speeds is on the trade line... Should be a similar driveline.

And still wold be a hard decision
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

kokxville

Thanks for all the thoughts guys.

I haven't seen the Cuda irl,but i probably will sometime next week.
I'm leaning more and more on keeping my charger Mine is a rt 4speed and if i trade the cuda should have the same setup i realize now thanks to some of you. :yesnod:
He will have to pay me extra if we come to an agreement. :angel:
Thank you 

:cheers:
1969 Charger R/T 4 speed A33 Track Pack.
1967 Dodge a108 360 Magnum. Daily driver
1969 Dodge Charger"the car you can take your kids in to school on a friday,go shopping on a saturday,dragrace on a sunday and go to work on monday"

Bronzedodge

Feh.  E bodies.  Under-engineered door hinges, rear valence designed around the springs and frame.  Plastic interior.  Keep the Charger, it's way cooler.  Girls will want you, guys will want to be you.

:coolgleamA: :coolgleamA: :cheers:
Mopar forever!

69rtse4spd

Keep the Charger, having one myself, it's one of the cars I will never get rid of. Don't know the number break down on the 70's, but I heard only around 600 or so Chargers came in the R/T S.E. 4-sp. My brother use to have a Cuda, didn't like the all plastic guts either.   

six-tee-nine

To be fair, come on... you gotta admit, a second gen Charger is for us Europeans on top of the rankings of being the ultimate holy grail to own when it comes to muscle cars. You draw more attention in a Charger than a Shelby Mustang over here.
And if the Charger was a XP 383 2 barrel car in green and the Challenger an R/T in red I could understand the trade up in value. But I'm pretty sure you would trade down in value.

Groeten van een echte Charger fan die hoopt om eindelijk nog eens wat vooruitgang te boeken met de restauratie van zijn '69er in 2018...
Greetings from Belgium, the beer country

NOS is nice, turbo's are neat, but when it comes to Mopars, there's no need to cheat...