News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

What's everyone's plan for their charger in 2018

Started by cbrestorations, December 31, 2017, 10:11:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cbrestorations

Baldwinvette77

NHCharger

72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone
79 Lil Red Express - future money pit
88 Ramcharger 4x4- current money pit
55 Dodge Royal 2 door - wife's money pit
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

Todd Wilson

Let it sit another year under the car cover in the garage....................

Todd

Lennard

Dino

Same here. Get it back together and get it running. I have a new cam to test out along with 4 wheel discs with a hydrobooster (should be fun), and a myriad of electronic goodies to play with. Once everything is to my liking and I have had enough seat time, I'll take it back apart and install the 6 speed. This stuff will never end I tell ya.   :lol:
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

TexasStroker

I have an ever increasing stack of parts...would like to finally get some of them installed.  If things line up maybe build the stroker to boot.
Founder, Amarillo Area Mopars
www.amarilloareamopars.com
Founder, Lone Star Mopars
www.lonestarmopars.com
Will set-up a regional Charger meet
Contact me for info!

Harper

for my 69 project:
1. get the 440/727 cleaned,
2. regasketed, valve covers, intake, oil pan
3. Pull my /6 and install the 440/727
4. new exhaust (manifold back) with X pipe, flow masters
5. rebuild the 8 3/4 inch rear end and install a sure grip locker
6. repair some panels, floors, trunk floors, install new gas tank,
7. install new radiator, hoses, water pump
8. drive it
9. install confederate flag on top, General Lee lettering, 01 on door
10. Make Crusin the coast in October 2018!!
for my newly aquired 68 project:
1. Get the 440/727 pulled from the RV that i bought for it,
2. clean it up (same as above)
3. replace floors, trunk, fuel tank
4. install the 440/727
5. replace the window on passenger door
1968 Dodge Charger
1969 Dodge Charger (GL Clone)
1951 F1 Ford 302 EFI, Automatic
1965 F100 Ford Straight 6, 3 speed on column (all original)

BLK 68 R/T

Install my new rear stripe, front end alignment and then take it on a longer road trip.

Kern Dog

Hey, Chris...good topic... :2thumbs:
I want to add a Classic Auto Air setup. The heater and A/C have been dead the whole time I've owned the car and it is long overdue.
Power windows....A guy  know that drives his 69 Coronet R/T almost everywhere has power windows and A/C. It makes an old comfortable.

70B5Cuda

1. Drive my 69 Charger survivor more often in 2018

2. Install an a518 and pair it to a 6.1L hemi for my beater 68 Charger project which i bought in 2017. i doubt very much it will run in 2018 though.
1968 Roadrunner-6.1L, 6 speed, 3.91 Getrag, IRS
1968 Charger- 6.1L, TR-6060, 9"
1968 Charger in RR1 "Ribeye"
1969 Charger in EW1 "S'more"
1969 Charger Survivor-R6, 383, 727.....WRECKED
1970 Barracuda-6.1L, 6 speed, 4.10 S60

alfaitalia

Get it all together.....check everything works.......then get it apart for paint buy the end of the year. Does not sound huge....but I seriously doubt it will happen without a lottery win and working about half the hours I do now! Would also like to see if I can somehow fit AC....NOTHING is standard on my car so will take some thinking about. Its not that hot here....might see 80f a few times a year....but its been a long time since I've owned a car without AC so might see if I can cobble something together from components of other old cars.....like the rest of my 69 really!!!
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you !!

garner7555

Finish the assembly process and start driving it.   Broke in the cam last week, so now it's just a matter of having enough time to finish it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s1L7c4mDk8Q
69 Charger 440 resto-mod

68moparbob

My goal is to get my '68 Charger nut and bolt restoration on the road by mid-year. Started the project in Feb. 2015, planning on a two year completion. Well, I overshot that. The body work is done and I plan on shooting the paint sometime in Jan./early Feb.
Engine, transmission, diff. and all components are rebuilt and ready to install. I've put in a lot of long, hard hours getting it to this point. Can hardly wait to get it on the road after 37 years!
(Sold the car in 1981, it sat in a garage for over 30 years. Tried to buy it back many times and the owner finally sold it back to me in Sept. 2014.)

c00nhunterjoe

A few frame rail reinforcements, intake swap, some tuning, and hopefully pick up 5 mph in the 1/4 and crack 130.

darbgnik

Install the Sniper EFI and tank I got for Christmas, in the spring when there is actually room to work on the lift in the garage. Finally get around to installing the disk brake kit I bought, Idunno, 7 years ago? Brakes are generally the first or only upgrade I do to any vehicles I own, but the crappy brake feeling somehow suits this old car enough that it's not really a priority, yet.......

I think I'm unlike most, in that I'm in no particular hurry to finish all the things I want to do to this car. It's mostly the reason I own it. Once it's all done, then what? I've got other cars to drive.
Brad

1970 Charger 500. Born a 318, AC, console auto, now 440/727
Build thread:  http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,127291.0.html

JR

I really want to pick up a set of invincible extremes caliper mounts and install the late model 14 inch Mustang GT front rotors, and rear disc brakes with power assist. And a borgenson steering box as well.

Those are high priority. Secondary will be shedding weight where I can. Glass hood, QA1 subframe, etc.

Third will be more road trips. I hope to have more adventures and memories in my Charger this year. Maybe hot rod power tour, or a roadkill event.
70 Charger RT top bananna /68 Charger RT triple green

kent

Kent

Kern Dog

kent

Heard of gray, never heard of "primer". Wasn't in my Crayola box anyway. :2thumbs:
Kent

Canadian1968

727 rebuild and new converter .
Proform main body for my holley 3310

Take it to the track and see what it runs !

BDF

Drive (a lot), fuel (a lot) wash it. Repeat (a lot).

69wannabe

Planning on doing some 69 seat covers this year, currently I have 68 seat covers and since the car is pretty much all converted I would like to do the seats too. The dash is still 68 but the pad is good and the vertical lines on the panels don't bother me so just some seat covers will do I guess. Was wanting to do a passon 5 speed but there seems to be a several year wait for that so that's out of the question I suppose. May send my steering wheel off and get it repaired since it has a few cracks in it. Also need to fix my fuel sending unit, it doesn't read right and bug's me but it doesn't keep me from riding so it's not high up on the list. Be glad when the weather gets better so I can get my weekend ride in on saturday's and sunday's.....

chargermick

I really need new leaf springs, I'm going to have to do some research. I am also hoping to finally buy a set of Cragar SS rims.