News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Green Chargers

Started by aerolith, December 30, 2017, 05:09:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LeesRT

I've always like the green colors...especially F6

alfaitalia

Quote from: 68RT440 on December 30, 2017, 02:57:40 PM
While green wouldn't be my first choice for a vinyl top or interior, I like them when they are restored properly and fresh looking. Our Charger is factory black with a green top and interior and we are restoring the car back to that combination. I think it will look cool. I know its not going to be everyone's cup of tea, but Ive never seen another one with that combo...

Really? Black with green top and interior....? Have your ever thought there might be a reason why you have not seen another in that combination?...Lol!

When I worked for VW I accidentally ordered a gold Golf convertible with a blue hood! It was only one digit out on the order code in my defence. I reckon I might have lost my job over it if I had not sold it almost as soon as it arrived so some individual with no taste! It's probably the only one like it in the UK and in my opinion it looked terrible. Bring rare or even one of a kind does not necessarily make it desirable...or even acceptable!
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you !!

chapel40

I loved my green 72 back in the day. they said back then the old people bought them and that's why it was in good shape when I bought it lol.
Don Chapel

green69rt

I bought a F5 69 RT new off the showroom floor.  Still like the color but my current restoration will have a bit more black in the paint (custom mix) and a black vinyl top and black interior (like my first Charger.)  So I still like them but in different circumstances would try another just for fun.  But, there were a LOT of green Chargers made.

68RT440

Quote from: alfaitalia on December 30, 2017, 06:43:44 PM
Quote from: 68RT440 on December 30, 2017, 02:57:40 PM
While green wouldn't be my first choice for a vinyl top or interior, I like them when they are restored properly and fresh looking. Our Charger is factory black with a green top and interior and we are restoring the car back to that combination. I think it will look cool. I know its not going to be everyone's cup of tea, but Ive never seen another one with that combo...

Really? Black with green top and interior....? Have your ever thought there might be a reason why you have not seen another in that combination?...Lol!

When I worked for VW I accidentally ordered a gold Golf convertible with a blue hood! It was only one digit out on the order code in my defence. I reckon I might have lost my job over it if I had not sold it almost as soon as it arrived so some individual with no taste! It's probably the only one like it in the UK and in my opinion it looked terrible. Bring rare or even one of a kind does not necessarily make it desirable...or even acceptable!

LOL, youre not the first person to say that. The top was dyed black when we bought it but the interior was still original. We bought it from a friend of the family of the original owner. When we talked to him on the phone before we went to look at it he told us "I'm just warning you now, this damn thing has green interior"...apparently people that came to look at it before us walked away from it once they saw the green guts in person.
1968 Charger R/T, matching numbers 440/727, black with green top and interior, currently getting restored by me

DAY CLONA

Quote from: 68RT440 on December 30, 2017, 10:11:31 PM

LOL, youre not the first person to say that. The top was dyed black when we bought it but the interior was still original. We bought it from a friend of the family of the original owner. When we talked to him on the phone before we went to look at it he told us "I'm just warning you now, this damn thing has green interior"...apparently people that came to look at it before us walked away from it once they saw the green guts in person.

I can remember looking at my first Charger purchase back in the mid 70's, a 69 triple F8 440 R/T, as soon as I showed up at the guys house, my words were "fuck, it's GREEN!, that sucks" I just kept driving, 2nd car that week, a 68 HEMI Coronet R/T, same thing, I pull up to the guys yard, Again!, triple F8!, car was $800, nice running condition, car in nice shape, daily driver, but the triple F8 made me walk on the deal because F8 was such a dam turn off from wanting to deal with driving it until the color change...

My 70 Charger was a triple F8 as well, it seemed all you find back in the day was F8, god it was depressing, the 2nd owner had painted it white, dyed the top and interior pcs black, to give it curb appeal to resale it, my plans were to drive it for a few years, which I did, then convert it into a black/red stripe, white interior Daytona, but Karma, the "kabosh", destiny, or just plain bad luck, had me painting it in green, at least it's a palatable F6 and J5 just a big ole watermelon rolling down the road  :icon_smile_big: :lol:

aerolith

Lee's RT is Supercool!

Fat tyres, Challenger tips, towbar and rusty trunklid dent!!! :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs:

Forget resto, just drool on a Classic Charger in green. :drool5: :drool5: :drool5:
Never send to know, for whom the bell tolls,
IT TOLLS FOR THEE...

John Donne 1623

Nacho-RT74

Friend's Green 73, factory paint yet. Some non factory aditions ( previous owner aditions ) like the SE emblem on hood and some other on deck lid. Also got courtesy lights on sail panels, like the ones used on sides on 2nd gen consoles

White top and green interior...

now after some years... waiting someday for the stripe... top removed but painted white

Rear bumper was so rusted that had to change it, and got a 72 one ( note the jack slots )

Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

ACUDANUT

Quote from: Charger-Bodie on December 30, 2017, 10:54:09 AM
Quote from: ACUDANUT on December 30, 2017, 10:20:45 AM
I like some shades of green, but to look into a toilet and say "hey I like that color" is just wrong.  :brickwall:

Just an FYI. A normal healthy bowel movement is usually some shade of BROWN. Not green . You may need to see a doctor. No offense intended....

Depends on what you ate the night before. LOL
Ford made a shit ton of 2 tone turd brown trucks in the 80's.  :eek2:

BDF

Hjå hjå!
Here we go again.  :icon_smile_big:
Glad I have the right color on the right year   :woohoo:

aerolith

Not sure what year this is?

But the color is right!
IT TOLLS FOR THEE...

John Donne 1623

aerolith

How could you not like this?
IT TOLLS FOR THEE...

John Donne 1623

aerolith

Or this?

HNY everyone... :2thumbs:
IT TOLLS FOR THEE...

John Donne 1623

paironines

Mytur B. Does your car pictured have a green dash with white interior? Ive never seen that if so....

JB400

I'd consider doing a deep emerald green. :popcrn:

Personally, Chrysler had some pretty drab greens or too bright of greens.  Sassy Grass is about the best looking of the factory greens.

Dino

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

alfaitalia

If I had to have a green one, a light green one like that would be far more acceptable to me than a dark green. I seriously considered the Kawasaki racing green (another member has used that colour iirc)...but my Mrs has a problem when anything green...so that was that! Going for blue now ...a Ford colour (the superbly named Deep Impact Blue!)..sorry!
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you !!

aerolith

I always wanted a FJ6 Sassy Green Mopar so my options of finding one was limited.
Didn't like it on a Dodge (Green Go) so I went for a Plymouth instead.
Looked at a few 71/72 Runners and then decided to color change my own 71 GTX which was a GY9, it was only a small change to Sassy? :smilielol:

Then in steps the wife with, ''my favourite colour is Plum Crazy Purple''( In Violet )... :eyes:
She has never forgiven me for going down the Sassy route. :eek2:

You can please some of the people, some of the time, so best go with your own colour options methinks.

THERE IS NO ACCOUNTING FOR TASTE... :paintingpink: :paintingpink: :paintingpink:
IT TOLLS FOR THEE...

John Donne 1623

aerolith

There can be worse greens... :slap:
IT TOLLS FOR THEE...

John Donne 1623

JB400

Plum Crazy is a pretty colour, but I think it's over done. B5 is a close second on that list.

You done good going with Sassy Grass. :yesnod:

Sublime/Sixpack

1970 Sublime R/T, 440 Six Pack, Four speed, Super Track Pak

Kern Dog

I used to dislike green cars. I graduated in 1983 and these classics were still in great numbers then. There were LOTS of green Pontiacs around, green Chevelles, Mustangs...And of course Mopars. Time must change a persons preferences because back then, I didn't like them. Now? Oh yeah....Maybe it is because I have seen way too many new cars in the most bland and boring colors ever to be sprayed on a car. Silver? White? Black? Freeway commuting, you see a sea of blandness....lookalike cars with lookalike colors. I wonder why people settle for such boring colors for their cars. I have always had cars or trucks that stood apart from the crowd. I'm not an introvert or an ex-con in the Witness protection program so a "stand-out" car is just fine by me. Green may be more attractive now because it stands out...in a vast sea of blandness...

VegasCharger

Christ, does every 71-74 B Body have to have a spoiler on it??

Absolutely disgusting.  :brickwall:

OldGuy

Mine is F5 green - I don't mind it...
"I can tell by your sarcastic undertones, rude comments and total lack of common decency, that you and I could be best friends".

ACUDANUT

Quote from: VegasCharger on January 02, 2018, 12:29:19 AM
Christ, does every 71-74 B Body have to have a spoiler on it??

Absolutely disgusting.  :brickwall:

How is our dear Lord "Christ"  involved in this.  :brickwall: