News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Oil pan gasket replacement

Started by lasvegas69charg, January 03, 2018, 08:00:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lasvegas69charg

Hi. I have a 383 with a Milidon stock oil pan in a 69 charger. It also has a Milidon oil pick up tube. I noticed my oil pan gasket dripping can that be changed out while in the car?
69 dodge charger 383/727/3.55 (my dad is the original owner-matching number) stroked to a 496😉

69wannabe

Yes, the pan is fairly easy to drop but you will have to knock the steering linkage loose on one side and twist it out of the way and then the pan will drop right out. Can be off in less than an hour if go at it wide open or in two hours if you are not in a hurry.

lasvegas69charg

OK thank you. I just didn't want to unbolt it and start disassembling knowing that it will not drop.
69 dodge charger 383/727/3.55 (my dad is the original owner-matching number) stroked to a 496😉

c00nhunterjoe

Replace it with the new steel core, rubber overmolded gasket that has a windage tray built in.

lasvegas69charg

Do you have a source that I can get that from with a built in windage tray

70sixpkrt

I'm doing my oil pan gasket next month and I'm using Superformance gasket. Part #2585. You need 2 if using a windage tray.
http://www.superformanceproducts.com/catalog/2016SuperformanceCatalog_RacerNet.pdf

440-6pk, 4-speed, Dana 60 with 3:54  
13.01 @107.93 (street tires spinning all the way down)

Harper

QuoteReplace it with the new steel core, rubber overmolded gasket that has a windage tray built in.
now that is some good info, I will being doing the same to my 440 before installing it in my charger. Glad you shared this link Joe! :cheers:
1968 Dodge Charger
1969 Dodge Charger (GL Clone)
1951 F1 Ford 302 EFI, Automatic
1965 F100 Ford Straight 6, 3 speed on column (all original)

69wannabe

Quote from: c00nhunterjoe on January 03, 2018, 09:59:42 PM
http://www.manciniracing.com/bmaonepiwitr.html

I didn't know they made these, great design for sure. I just had mine apart and used two cork gaskets with my windage tray but I do have the deeper tray for the longer stroke crankshaft. If you already have a windage tray the two separate gaskets have always worked fine for me but if not the molded gasket/tray design is a good way to go.....

c00nhunterjoe

It is also available for stroker crank clesrances, and they make the gasket without tbe tray.

timmycharger

I looked into these as well and saw that lots of people had issues with them with a stock pan unless they filled the "valley" in the rail area of the pan with some sort of metal filler otherwise they were leaking, does anyone know if this is the case?

jlatessa

We had that problem, they work best with a pan that has a flat flange.

Using the Superperfomance gaskets with no leaks.

Joe