News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Going from speedo wire to GPS 727 torqueflite

Started by phantom, December 20, 2017, 08:08:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

phantom

Hey. I have all new gauges in my car, and the speedo is now electric with GPS feed. What do i do with the speedo hole in the trans? Can i use this one?
http://www.brewersperformance.com/proddetail.php?prod=SPA-PL

Thanks

c00nhunterjoe

phantom

alfaitalia

Lucky you can even use them......GPS speedos are not legal in the UK.....well not without an electrical or mechanical one fitted as well.

The LEO here insist we can tell our speed not only on the open road but also in wooded areas, areas with tower blocks and long tunnels....how unreasonable of them...lol.
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you !!

randy73

Another plus, your odometer will never change.  :icon_smile_big:

Harper

Quotethe speedo is now electric with GPS feed
nice! :2thumbs:
1968 Dodge Charger
1969 Dodge Charger (GL Clone)
1951 F1 Ford 302 EFI, Automatic
1965 F100 Ford Straight 6, 3 speed on column (all original)

c00nhunterjoe

I havnt used the gps style before. Im happy with my electronic autometer speedo. Has a mechanical to elec adapter that screws to the old speedo adapter. A quick 1 mile test drive to calibrate, and instant accurate fun.

phantom

Havent tried it before either. I have all new Autometer gauges as well, but i wasnt aware of your solution being on the market. The GPS will also need a 1 mile calibration, then it will be ready to go.

phantom

Thanks. I will try this one if i cannot get the GPS sender through car inspection.

c00nhunterjoe

Mike DC

The US govt doesn't care what kind of speedo you use because they like the speeding ticket money. 

phantom

Well, i live in Norway, and you better have everything right or you can forget plates. They are very rigid here. 

sccachallenger

Quote from: phantom on December 20, 2017, 08:08:13 AM
Hey. I have all new gauges in my car, and the speedo is now electric with GPS feed. What do i do with the speedo hole in the trans? Can i use this one?
http://www.brewersperformance.com/proddetail.php?prod=SPA-PL

You can probably find a cup-style freeze(frost) plug at a local parts store that would fit.

Thanks

Midnight_Rider

Quote from: phantom on December 23, 2017, 04:58:41 AM
Well, i live in Norway, and you better have everything right or you can forget plates. They are very rigid here. 

I live in Indiana, USA. Here we don't have emissions, vehicle safety inspections, nada. The BMV has never laid eyes on my car, and can't prove it actually even physically exists! We're not the most progressive state in the nation...