News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

P24560R15 tires

Started by Moeggenpar, December 14, 2017, 04:37:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Moeggenpar

I'm finally upgrading to 15X7 Magnum 500 rims and BFG T/A's on my 68'. Does anyone have these and any clearance issues in the front?  Thanks

XH29N0G

I am running 15 x 7 with 245 60 on front and 255 60 rear on a 1970.  I have read that 255 60 will fit front and larger rear (275 and 295), so my guess is that you will be good to go.  

Also take a look at http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php?topic=63191.0
Who in their right mind would say

"The science should not stand in the way of this."? 

Science is just observation and hypothesis.  Policy stands in the way.........

Or maybe it protects us. 

I suppose it depends on the specific case.....

richsteele

I put on 15x7 Cragars with a 4.25 backspace and 245/60's on the front of my '69 this spring.  I have no clearance issues at all.  I believe the Magnum's have the same backspacing so I think you would be fine.

c00nhunterjoe

Depends on the wheel and your ride height. I had 245/60/15 on 15x8.5 wheels with no issues, but if not fit right, they will rub the fender brace on bumps and can catch the forward lower fender lip. If spaced inward, they can hit as well. Handling will not be improved in your case since you are putting a 9.5" tire on a 7 inch rim.

Moeggenpar

Thanks for all the replies :2thumbs: