News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Is there an inexpensive way to transport parts?

Started by 72Charger72, December 08, 2017, 10:28:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

72Charger72

I need some fenders picked up and delivered to me. Does anyone know of a service that does this fairly cheap? I know there was some tv show about these kinds of delivery folks?

72Charger72

Lennard

Fastenal ships from store to store. You have to pack it and take it there and someone has to pick it up after arrival at their other store. Also Greyhound ships parts in the luggage compartment of their buses.

moparstuart

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

ACUDANUT

I used freight quote at one time. (many times)  :cheers:

Stevearino

The bus deal is cheap but I had a fender shipped from Iowa that took nearly 3 weeks to arrive as it made it's way to North Carolina via St. Louis then to Philadelphia  to two stops in New Jersey then Maryland , Virginia and finally here. The deal with the bus is that passenger luggage has priority and your part could end up being taken off the bus at a terminal to make space and sit there until another bus with space comes available. I talked with someone who lost a front fender for months only to finally have it traced to a warehouse in N.Y. That is the other thing , at least when I had my experience a couple of years ago there was no tracking available so if it gets lost, Oh well. :shruggy:

72Charger72

Well the shipper doesnt want to deal with shipping so uship will probably be the only thing that works.

darbgnik

I used a uship-like service to transport the fenders I bought on here from Arizona to Canada. Seeing as the seller didn't know much in the way of how to even start the leg work, those sites allow you to set it all up, even as the receiver.

The site was Zoomshipr.ca for any canucks reading.....
Brad

1970 Charger 500. Born a 318, AC, console auto, now 440/727
Build thread:  http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,127291.0.html

VegasCharger

Quote from: 72Charger72 on December 08, 2017, 02:15:36 PM
Well the shipper doesnt want to deal with shipping.........

If you're selling big body parts sellers need to get off their A$$ and be more adapting to the shipping methods. Unless of course they're just selling it locally and can hold on to the parts for a long time not expecting to sell right away.

I've received great responses from people buying large parts from me saying that they were very appreciative that I even considered shipping them the item let alone walk them thru the process, options and estimates.

I agree with Stevearino about the bus shipping. It works but can be lengthy but it's cheap. Tracking system on-line is worthless. You have to talk to the Greyhound customer service and you have to know the tracking number. Then if the package does change buses while en-route you have to hope that they scan/update the package's location and gets into the system. There has to be good communication between buyer and seller to make it a smooth transaction. It's a PITA but cheap.

:cheers:

ACUDANUT

Find a middle guy here to pick them and ship them.  :Twocents: