News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Top Cat Window Felts - cheapest place?

Started by triple_green, December 02, 2017, 07:55:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

triple_green

Hope to get the bubbles at the bottom of my door fixed pretty soon. My buddy says it keeps happening because the door felts are worn off on part of of the outside interface.

People here said the Top Cats were the best. I tried to get from Dixie, but they are out. Ebay offerings are $20 more than Dixie's price. Any other suppliers?

Thanks!
68 Charger 383 HP grandma car (the orignal 3X)

69bfan

We almost always have inventory in stock for individuals or other vendors, unless we are out of material.  For the 68 to 70 Chargers, we offer an eight piece complete kit or a four piece kit of the outers only.  The Chargers in either configuration are available for shipping.  Just drop me a message if anyone should need more information.
Restoration Parts and Materials
Weatherstripping is our specialty, but we stock a wide assortment of restoration needs.
www.restorationpartsandmaterials.com

odcics2

I'm looking for a set of original outside felts in usable shape for the #88 Daytona.
Going for the period correct, race look.

PM if you can help. Thanks!   :cheers:
I've never owned anything but a MoPar. Can you say that?

69bfan

I have no clue as to if Chrysler used a different material for the race car applications vs. the street production pieces.  If they are different, then we could very possibly fabricate a set as I am fairly confidant that the bends would be the same between race and street where there is a slight radius from the quarter up into the "C" pillar based on a similar material still being available.  The door piece is just a flat piece of material.  I will snap a picture of the profile so that you can compare.  Private message sent.
Weatherstripping is our specialty, but we stock a wide assortment of restoration needs.

69bfan

Triple_Green, I have sent you a private message as well.

69bfan

Attached are a couple pictures of the 68 to 70 Charger outer window felts.  How do they compare as to the originals as used on the Nascar stock cars of that time period?  Curious to hear.

69bfan

This is a profile view of the outer window felt.

odcics2

Quote from: 69bfan on December 03, 2017, 01:11:47 PM
I have no clue as to if Chrysler used a different material for the race car applications vs. the street production pieces.  If they are different, then we could very possibly fabricate a set as I am fairly confidant that the bends would be the same between race and street where there is a slight radius from the quarter up into the "C" pillar based on a similar material still being available.  The door piece is just a flat piece of material.  I will snap a picture of the profile so that you can compare.  Private message sent.

With all due respect, I'm looking for vintage original parts only.  
From looking at vintage photos of my car (other stock cars can be different) I need the ones with the stainless bead on them.

p.s. I updated my want ad - I found the door outers, just need the 1/4 panel outers.  (see ad in Parts wanted section - THANKS)
I've never owned anything but a MoPar. Can you say that?