News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

4x4 Charger - have you seen this?

Started by rydog1130, December 02, 2017, 06:16:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fitz73Chrgr

4x4 Chargers are awful. 

The Durango dash looks terrible, the engine bay is gross and the tail panel is an abortion.

Maybe someone will want it, but not me. 

'73 Charger - project                '70 Charger - driver                 '66 Charger - survivor

Resto thread:
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,89803.msg1019541.html#msg1019541

VegasCharger

Damn!! Why couldn't they take their creativity out on a 69 or 70?

Another 68 destroyed  :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall:

Epic fail  :down: :down: :down:

F8-4life

Might as well make it a 69 with that grill guard, right.^

Kidding of course.

Mike DC

Yeah that thing has been around for years.    

4x4 musclecar projects used to be more popular back when musclecars weren't as rare & expensive.  Now there are a handful of them around, mostly built decades ago.  They keep getting re-listed on Ebay every few years by owners who have gotten bored with them.  But these projects have little resale value.

Kern Dog

People that are not hardcore car guys may be impressed. Most guys that are enthusiasts are turned off by these. Years back, our Sacramento Mopar club had one of these turds come to a car show. It sat on a Chevy Blazer frame and had a 350 in it. I was not pleased.  :slap:

JR

At least someone who wants one will buy this thing instead of hacking up another Charger to create one.

Man, the 80's were strange.
70 Charger RT top bananna /68 Charger RT triple green

Mike DC

If the owner/seller is reading this, I'd like to make a suggestion:

Different paint + a pair of wheels in the trunk = the Fast & Furious #7 Charger.  It might stir up more interest this way.  

A lot more could be done to make it look like the F&F car. 
But if you are just trying to sell the vehicle then this is the lowest-hanging-fruit way to do it.

erlendch

Quote from: Mike DC (formerly miked) on December 03, 2017, 04:18:08 AM

Different paint + a pair of wheels in the trunk = the Fast & Furious #7 Charger.  It might stir up more interest this way.  

A lot more could be done to make it look like the F&F car. 
But if you are just trying to sell the vehicle then this is the lowest-hanging-fruit way to do it.

Nice rendering! I'd have some fun with that!  ;) Although still stuck with the Durango dash :/

Fitz73Chrgr

Quote from: Mike DC (formerly miked) on December 03, 2017, 04:18:08 AM

That's a good idea.
'73 Charger - project                '70 Charger - driver                 '66 Charger - survivor

Resto thread:
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,89803.msg1019541.html#msg1019541

Chargen69

the only cars that ever made sense as 4x4 were el caminos

TruckDriver

I guess I am different. I LOVE it!  :drool5:

I am so tired and burned out an everything going back to mostly stock. I'm burnt out on Magnum wheels. It's funny how a lot of guys are saying "another Charger destroyed" when yet, if it was slammed (which I do not like) or had 22" wheels on it, everyone would say it is cool... We used to have a member that was making a lower riding 4x4 Charger that a lot of members were following. We had a member making a V10 Charger that a lot were interested in. I guess that was okay because they were members? How does anyone know how this one started life. It could be like the '70 4x4 Charger my friend has, it was a complete rot box headed to a scrap yard when he saved it back in the 1980's. Could of be saved from the life the Charger's in the Dukes movie started (rotting into the dirt, no floors and not much body to them left). For all we know, this car could of been rebuilt using mostly bondo or it could even be a complete re-body. Re-body's are wrong to do, but I guess if you're going to do a re-body, this would be a good project to do with it, instead of passing it off as a real deal car. Come on guys, at least it is a Charger that is still drivable.  :Twocents:

My disclaimer; I agree completely stock is the way to go IF the car is extremely rare as in less then 5 ever built. Or if you restore a car back to stock, at least bolt mag wheels on it. If the older members remember Sunroof Superbird? I think was his name, lot of guys liked his 4x4 General Lee and his Challenger station wagon.
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

alfaitalia

Quote from: VegasCharger on December 02, 2017, 11:18:50 PM
Damn!! Why couldn't they take their creativity out on a 69 or 70?

Another 68 destroyed  :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall:

Epic fail  :down: :down: :down:

Or just a 70 ....... not much you can do that makes them look worse! ........JOKE!

In the photos it looks like a kids remote control car!
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you !!

richf

This is the best lifted Charger!
1968 Charger 318/904 project
1985 Suzuki Madura GV700
2007 Ford Crown Victoria P71

Poor college student

Kern Dog

Quote from: alfaitalia on December 03, 2017, 01:10:30 PM

Or just a 70 ....... not much you can do that makes them look worse! ........JOKE!

In the photos it looks like a kids remote control car!

We get it, Alfa, you don't like the 1970 model. Jesus Christ, you mention it in 33% of your posts, always with a  thinly apologetic "JOKE" written afterwards.
If you feel a certain way, OWN it and deal with the consequences.

alfaitalia

Point taken......won't mention it again....promise! :icon_smile_big:

Kern Dog

I don't mind that you prefer the other years. Before I got mine, I wanted a 68 or 69 as well. Its just that you mention it so often and always add the "joke/joking" comment afterwards.
I don't like the 66-67 models much but I am clear about it. That is not to say that I do not appreciate a nice one when I see it.

Dodge Don

Double dose of just bad taste, Dukes of Hazzard (why is that still a thing) and 4x4. Should be a 69 with DOH clown car treatment.

alfaitalia

Mike DC

To each his own.  

Literally millions of people are saying "why is internal combustion still a thing?" these days . . . .  

VegasCharger

Quote from: TruckDriver on December 03, 2017, 09:22:50 AM
.....It's funny how a lot of guys are saying "another Charger destroyed" when yet, if it was slammed (which I do not like) or had 22" wheels on it, everyone would say it is cool...

Not me, most of those mods are hideous as well.

alfaitalia

Quote from: Mike DC (formerly miked) on December 03, 2017, 11:21:00 PM

To each his own.  

Literally millions of people are saying "why is internal combustion still a thing?" these days . . . .  

After 2040 it won't be "a thing" on new cars..in the UK at least.....boo!

smithenhiven

Quote from: Dodge Don on December 03, 2017, 03:31:36 PM
Double dose of just bad taste, Dukes of Hazzard (why is that still a thing) and 4x4.

Couldn't agree more.

ACUDANUT

Alfa, everyone loves the last 2nd Gen Charger (1970).. Most just can't afford one. :cheers:

Lennard

Quote from: ACUDANUT on December 04, 2017, 04:16:18 PM
Alfa, everyone loves the last 2nd Gen Charger (1970).. Most just can't afford one. :cheers:
Yeah right.  :smilielol: