News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

69 brake prop block

Started by jwells1993, December 02, 2017, 10:15:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jwells1993

Anyone have a picture of the brake proportion block I'm runnin new lines and when I redid my engine compartment I just took em out like and idiot I didn't take pictures so I knew what went where I know where the back line goes and where the drivers side front one goes but not sure on the master cylinder lines go and the passenger side line goes thanks for all the help guys!! This page is great
keep on keepin on

jwells1993

keep on keepin on

John_Kunkel

Is this a drum brake car? If so, there is no proportioning, just a splitter...is that what you have?
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

birdsandbees

1970 'Bird RM23UOA170163
1969 'Bee WM21H9A230241
1969 Dart Swinger LM23P9B190885
1967 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S
1966 Plymouth Satellite HP2 - 9941 original miles
1964 Dodge 440 62422504487

green69rt

Front disc, rear drum.

jwells1993

Thanks guys are they all the same as far as drums all the way around and manual brakes? Or is the disc and power brake make a difference on the lines
keep on keepin on

green69rt

If you really want to know all the ins-and-outs of these systems call this guy.

http://www.doctordiff.com/

jwells1993

Quote from: John_Kunkel on December 02, 2017, 04:26:45 PM

Is this a drum brake car? If so, there is no proportioning, just a splitter...is that what you have?

It is a manual drum brake but it has a block just like the picture below your post
keep on keepin on

jwells1993

Quote from: green69rt on December 04, 2017, 12:29:27 AM
If you really want to know all the ins-and-outs of these systems call this guy.

http://www.doctordiff.com/

Ok thanks
keep on keepin on

bakerhillpins

Quote from: jwells1993 on December 03, 2017, 07:21:20 PM
Thanks guys are they all the same as far as drums all the way around and manual brakes? Or is the disc and power brake make a difference on the lines

The difference in the lines is the result of the Disc vs Drum system, power assist isn't a determining factor. Disc systems on 68-70 (I don't recall other years) are front Disc/Rear drum. The distribution block (combination valve) is always there (it includes the safety switch) but a proportioning valve is added to the rear drum lines on front disc systems to balance the braking power from front to rear.

Do note that on our Chargers the Master Cylinder is different between Disc and Drum systems but both are dual reservoir masters.
One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

green69rt

Some dist block have a proportioning valve incorporated.  See the pic, which shows you the internals of one valve.  I used this on my Charger.  What it doen't have is a "hold off valve".  That would be a separate piece, if you need it.

jwells1993

keep on keepin on