News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Okay AMC guys, here is a unicorn car for you, Big block 4spd Matador

Started by TruckDriver, November 30, 2017, 11:20:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TruckDriver

1974 Matador 401 4 Speed, 1 Of 5 Made.

But in my opinion, he wants more then what a REAL wing car would go for, he is dreaming. Current bid $46,099.99  Buy it now for $250,000???  :P

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1974-AMC-Matador-Brougham/272956537958?hash=item3f8d7a3c66:g:dvsAAOSwnw9aG0z0&vxp=mtr

BUT, I have to say HELL YES! I would if I had the money. These cars are fugly for the most part, but they ride real good, and are very comfortable to be in. Old friend of mine had one with a 6cyl in it. And most likely, this is the only one left out of 5. And it is my perfect color!
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

Kern Dog

Those cars are hideous. AMC must have had the absolute worst designers and stylists of all time.
This guy can't even clean the carpets for the pictures?

TruckDriver

Quote from: Kern Dog on December 01, 2017, 12:02:29 AM
Those cars are hideous. AMC must have had the absolute worst designers and stylists of all time.
This guy can't even clean the carpets for the pictures?

Yeah, I love Gremlins and Javelins, A few others are cool too like the Rebel Machine's Not a fan of these, but that said, I'd love to have this one because it is a cool sleeper and rare. And I agree about trying to sell a car, and not cleaning the interior. Also no horn button.
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

71charger_fan

Aero426

Very cool car.    Be interesting to hear what is being said about it on the AMC forums.   

moparstuart

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

F8-4life

One thing we do know.. is its worth about 50k at least and that is more then I thought on a mid 70's rig.
I think it speaks to the fanaticism of amc guys, they are a close breed to mopar guys I think.

Also curious if the 1 of 5 is a 401- stick car alone or is it a 401-stick car with a/c?
Big difference there too.

6bblgt

the "story" goes: the car was factory built as a 401 automatic - it was modified at a dealership to 4-speed before original delivery

charger_fan_4ever

I only see one ride id like in those pics. The lifted square body chevy in the 2nd pic.  :yesnod:

DAY CLONA

Quote from: Homerr on December 01, 2017, 10:50:28 AM
Removing the bumpers cleans the design up a fair amount.

The Matador needs a little bit of "work" to make it somewhat respectable...

Aero426

Quote from: 6bblgt on December 01, 2017, 02:57:14 PM
the "story" goes: the car was factory built as a 401 automatic - it was modified at a dealership to 4-speed before original delivery

Well, that takes a lot of bloom off the rose, doesn't it?

VegasCharger

Quote from: Kern Dog on December 01, 2017, 12:02:29 AM
....This guy can't even clean the carpets for the pictures?

Right there with you KD, big pet peeve of mine. I can't stand the laziness of someone selling a high priced car and doesn't have the audacity to vacuum the carpet for display. Makes you wonder about the overall care for the car itself.

6bblgt

Quote from: F8-4life on December 01, 2017, 07:47:56 PM
Damn , went fro 46 to 50 grand.
Amc guys are nuts, I'd rather have a rebel machine.

if the $250K is an actual expected result and the reserve is up there in the same stratosphere, another 50 (or 200) bids up to $100K are meaningless

no bids matter until the reserve is met!

Fitz73Chrgr

Quote from: DAY CLONA on December 01, 2017, 04:01:42 PM

Looks like those headlights on the red car were removed with microsoft paint.
'73 Charger - project                '70 Charger - driver                 '66 Charger - survivor

Resto thread:
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,89803.msg1019541.html#msg1019541

DAY CLONA

Quote from: Fitz73Chrgr on December 02, 2017, 11:07:56 AM

Yep, just a little photoshop to see what can be done...

Fitz73Chrgr

Quote from: DAY CLONA on December 02, 2017, 11:57:04 AM
Quote from: Fitz73Chrgr on December 02, 2017, 11:07:56 AM

Yep, just a little photoshop to see what can be done...

I'm kind of in to it. 
'73 Charger - project                '70 Charger - driver                 '66 Charger - survivor

Resto thread:
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,89803.msg1019541.html#msg1019541

Nacho-RT74

That car seem to be so special what makes pretty what comonly could be ugly. Is somethink like a mix of:

Pinto/Maverick front end

2nd gen Camaro Doors and B pillar

72 fastback Torino shaped quarter/C pillar opera window

I can't post an opinion about tail lights... They seem to run out of imagination out there

I think the only AMC I REALLY LIKE is the 68/70 Javelin/AMX, althought the 71/74 Javs dash shape is killer...  and CJ7s, specially Laredo
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

Petebell68

When we were around 20 one of our friends showed up at my house with one of these ,it was brown and ugly as sin then still ugly as sin today .

HPP

AMC designs after '71 really got fugly.  Their 65-70 designs weren't so bad.

Those Matadors ran in nascar for a number of years too.

Mytur Binsdirti

Quote from: HPP on December 04, 2017, 10:35:37 AM

Those Matadors ran in nascar for a number of years too.

Yeah, at the back of the pack.     :smilielol:

odcics2

I've never owned anything but a MoPar. Can you say that?

Mytur Binsdirti

71charger_fan

Four wins in less than two years with that body style with what was essentially a one-car effort is pretty respectable.

ACUDANUT