News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

69 grille, repop "I" trim?

Started by ramblinn, November 14, 2017, 08:35:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ramblinn

Center trim "I" piece on 69 grille is beat up pretty bad.  Orig owner used car for off road camping in 70s (true story).  Checked the grille sticky, but info on "I" repops is dated.  Any experience with the current repop "I" trim piece?

Ryan.C

http://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/dodge,1969,charger,7.2l+440cid+v8,1078961,body,grille+molding,11444

I got a goodmark reproduction from Rock Auto. I have to hand fit the pieces to get them to fit nice but given the cost I thought it was worth it.
There are few problems in life that cannot be solved with C-4.

Bronzedodge

$180.- for 7 pieces.  Not bad, esp for a driver.
Mopar forever!

M5Ivan

I replaced mine last year with the ones from Rock Auto and they look great. Needed to massage them a little to get them to fit just right.

green69rt

$390 from AMD.  They must be platinum plated!

Lennard

I paid $230 for my set from 521restoration on ebay. I bought it from him because i know that he only sells quality parts.  

green69rt

Quote from: Lennard on November 16, 2017, 09:05:42 AM
I paid $230 for my set from 521restoration on ebay. I bought it from him because i know that he only sells quality parts.  

Yeah, I know Jeff.  He always gave me a good deal on parts.  Now I'll have to see how he does on Grill trim.

Lennard

Quote from: green69rt on November 16, 2017, 12:08:05 PM

Yeah, I know Jeff.  He always gave me a good deal on parts.  Now I'll have to see how he does on Grill trim.
He's not the cheapest out there,  but he doesn't sell junk... so to me it's worth the extra money.

timmycharger

Quote from: Lennard on November 16, 2017, 12:23:18 PM
Quote from: green69rt on November 16, 2017, 12:08:05 PM

He's not the cheapest out there,  but he doesn't sell junk... so to me it's worth the extra money.

I thought they all come from the same place initially and different vendors charge different prices?  :shruggy: I bought a complete set of grill trim for my 68 on Ebay for $180 from a vendor called Tamraz and was very pleased with it.  Only had to gently "adjust" a few spots to get it to fit perfectly on my OE grill.

Lennard

There are plastic and there are aluminum grill moldings for sale. They look exactly the same,  you can't tell the difference from a picture.

timmycharger

Quote from: Lennard on November 16, 2017, 01:07:02 PM
There are plastic and there are aluminum grill moldings for sale.

wow, that sounds cheesy, I am positive the ones I got were aluminum.