News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Illegal Immigration!

Started by 69_Hemi_Charger, April 29, 2006, 12:45:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charger_Fan

Quote from: hemi68charger on May 16, 2006, 08:52:00 AM
I noticed on some of the Sunday Morning talk shows no one wanted to touch with a ten-foot pole the issue of what to do with children of potentially-deported parents.......... Well, you reap what you sow.........   Lets I have no pity on this when I see service members killed and children no longer have parents..........   They need to go as well, through no fault of theirs, but their parents..........
I completely agree!
The kids should go with them & they should hopefully learn from their parent's mistakes...and if they're going to be angry at anybody about it, they should be angry with their parents for putting them in that predicament. It would be a good life lesson to learn. :yesnod:
Once the kids are old enough, they could come back in the right way if they so desire.

Quote from: Mike DC (formerly miked) on May 17, 2006, 12:10:33 AM

I don't know what to do about the existing illegals.  It's not realistic to deport 12 million of them. 
I bet that if we start deporting a few groups around the nation, that a bunch more of them will go back all by themselves. My thinking is that if they know that we're no longer going to just take this lying down anymore, quite a few would rather return on their own accord as opposed to being arrested & booted out.
Then word would spread that it's no longer a free-for-all & others who were planning on sneaking in, would have second thoughts.

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

Mike DC

I disagree that a lot of them would ever leave voluntarily.  Automatic long-term prison time might work as a deterrent, but I think just the threat of deportation probably won't have enough effect. 

Too many illegals have already gone through hell & back just to get here.  Human smuggling, desert border crossings, thousand-mile trips up from central American countries watching their backs all the way . . . they didn't all originally live 5 miles away from the Arizona border.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We have plenty of resources to build a real fence & police the whole border of Canada, Mexico, and anywhere else we damn well please.  Washington is insulting the public's intelligence when they insist that this is such an obstacle. 

69_Hemi_Charger

Quote from: Mike DC (formerly miked) on May 17, 2006, 07:33:15 PM

I disagree that a lot of them would ever leave voluntarily.  Automatic long-term prison time might work as a deterrent, but I think just the threat of deportation probably won't have enough effect. 

Too many illegals have already gone through hell & back just to get here.  Human smuggling, desert border crossings, thousand-mile trips up from central American countries watching their backs all the way . . . they didn't all originally live 5 miles away from the Arizona border.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We have plenty of resources to build a real fence & police the whole border of Canada, Mexico, and anywhere else we damn well please.  Washington is insulting the public's intelligence when they insist that this is such an obstacle. 

We have troops in almost every democratic country, keep them and their borders safe, but we can't pull back 10,000 troops to protect ourselves? Come on Wahington, that is rediculous.

I hate Bush, but I am excited about his putting troops on the border.
He who is not courageous enough to take risks will accomplish nothing in life - Muhammad Ali

69_Hemi_Charger

I don't know what to do about the existing illegals.  It's not realistic to deport 12 million of them. 

It would be nice to at least deport the ones we're currently paying to feed & house in the Federal prison system, but I honestly don't know how realistic of an idea that is either.  (Deporting the illegal Federal prisoners probably wouldn't even be very cost-effective when the operation was all said & done, but it sure would win Washington some points with the public just on principle.)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

IMHO we just need to keep pushing for locking down the borders & fighting the economic conditions that encourage illegals to sneak in.
This stuff is a lot more important to the long-term situation than the status of the current 12 million illegals. 

If we take our eyes off the prize and let Washington derail things into a discussion about the 12 million, then we'll just get screwed again like what happened in the 1980s.  (That time we got lots of amnesty but no additional border controls implemented.)

---------------------------------------------

It would also help if we made it a lot easier & faster to immigrate & become a U.S. citizen LEGALLY.  There are a lot of people trying to do it right, and I've often heard that we're not making it very easy for them.  No point in tightly controlling the trickle of new legal citizens while allowing a flood of illegals at the same time.

It may not be realistic, but it is the morals of the situation. I changed my opinion on amnesty. I think that every illegal should take a test, to prove that they will assimilate to us, and they have to speak English! Those who pass, give them amnesty and citizenship. Those who don't and won't assimilate, kick them back to wherever they came from.

The other's really do need to go. This is America and America only. It's is not Mexico-America, or Latin America, or any other kind of America. If you won't assimilate to our way of life and our society why should we let you in or let you stay in?

I for one would rather waste my tax money getting rid of those un-assimilators and all the problem people on welfare and those in jail, than support the people who got in here illegally. Hell, I would rather not support any kind of freeloader, but facts are facts, and the majority on welfare are illegals.

Justin

PS- What in the heck is this Spanish American Anthem? What kind of bs is that? I hate the fact that when I go to order food anywhere here in texas, you have to speak spainglish. Make them freakin learn our version of the anthem, don't give them a special version.
He who is not courageous enough to take risks will accomplish nothing in life - Muhammad Ali

70charginglizard

Quote from: 69_Hemi_Charger on May 18, 2006, 10:25:52 PM

PS- What in the heck is this Spanish American Anthem? What kind of bs is that? I hate the fact that when I go to order food anywhere here in texas, you have to speak spainglish. Make them freakin learn our version of the anthem, don't give them a special version.

Hey at least congress passed the bill making english the official language of this country finally:

The Senate first voted 63-34 to make English the national language after lawmakers who led the effort said it would promote national unity.

But critics argued the move would prevent limited English speakers from getting language assistance required by an executive order enacted under     President Clinton. So the Senate also voted 58-39 to make English the nation's "common and unifying language."

70charginglizard

Charger_Fan

Quote from: 70charginglizard on May 19, 2006, 09:42:53 AM
Hey at least congress passed the bill making english the official language of this country finally:

I saw that on the front page of the paper as I snagged it from the driveway, it was printed in HUGE letters! SWEET! A shining beacon of light in an otherwise dismal, crappy day...so far.

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

Lightning

Quote from: CHARGER_FAN on May 19, 2006, 12:28:12 PM

I saw that on the front page of the paper as I snagged it from the driveway, it was printed in HUGE letters! SWEET! A shining beacon of light in an otherwise dismal, crappy day...so far.

I know, it should've been a no-brainer!
when racing deals fall apart.....you go home, like me.

hemi68charger

Quote from: Lightning 06 on May 20, 2006, 12:56:32 PM

I love it. There are Democrats on this morning News talkshows that say that's a "no brainer", why should we legislate a language.. He seemed to not have a problem with it..... I say," Mr. Congressman, why don't you come to my neck of the woods and you can't get away from it !!!!"...........

Troy
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

69_Hemi_Charger

Quote from: hemi68charger on May 21, 2006, 02:58:10 PM

I love it. There are Democrats on this morning News talkshows that say that's a "no brainer", why should we legislate a language.. He seemed to not have a problem with it..... I say," Mr. Congressman, why don't you come to my neck of the woods and you can't get away from it !!!!"...........

Troy

You must be fairly close to my neck of the woods, the spanish language here in the Dallas metro is huge. I always get annoyed when I try and order something and they don't understand me or give something radically different than what I wanted.

Happy about the English ratification though! Should have happened a long time ago.

hemi68charger

Quote from: 69_Hemi_Charger on May 21, 2006, 07:56:04 PM
Quote from: hemi68charger on May 21, 2006, 02:58:10 PM

Troy

You must be fairly close to my neck of the woods, the spanish language here in the Dallas metro is huge. I always get annoyed when I try and order something and they don't understand me or give something radically different than what I wanted.

Happy about the English ratification though! Should have happened a long time ago.

DFW? I used to live up there when I was stationed at Carswell AFB in Ft. Worth before it closed back in '87-'91.. Was a member of both clubs up there...

Troy
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

451-74Charger

So that means pretty much, Limey and I are the only people here that know how to speak correctly.
If English is to be the national Language... Learn to spell (like COLOUR, FLAVOUR etc..)
Just joking with you. They should have called it American English, but even that would be open to interpetation.
I see a little Spanish getting in the mix that way

Mike DC

QuoteSo that means pretty much, Limey and I are the only people here that know how to speak correctly.
If English is to be the national Language... Learn to spell (like COLOUR, FLAVOUR etc..)
Just joking with you. They should have called it American English, but even that would be open to interpetation.
I see a little Spanish getting in the mix that way

Heh, heh, heh . . . It's all true.

I toured around the British Isles a couple years ago.  It was indeed startling how many differences are slowly developing between "European" English and "North American" English.  They might really end up as different languages in another couple hundred years.

I've known a couple of native Asians who learned English as a second language, and they've said the same thing too.  They learn more of a European English in their textbooks at home, and then it takes some readjustment when they actually get over here to the 'States.

torqueles charlee

im fully mexican but i love these discissions.LMAO

Johnny SixPack

An interesting article covering Mexico's take on illegal immigration via their southern border:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/13006798/site/newsweek/
Johnny's Herd:
'69 Charger SE, '70 Charger R/T SE 496 Six Pack, '72 Chrysler Imperial LeBaron, '74 International Scout II, '85 Ford F-250 Diesel, '97 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series

"If everyone is thinking alike, then someone isn't thinking." - Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

"If its got tits or tires, you're going to have trouble with it." - Unknown

Got Dodge Fever? There's only one cure.....Charger!

ChargerRob

Mighty Mean Mexican Mopar

hemihead

That's an interesting link.It says the Mexicans say that the Mexican worker is unreliable and lazy.Hmmm contrary to what they say about themselves here.
Lots of people talkin' , few of them know
Soul of a woman was created below
  Led Zeppelin

Johnny SixPack

Johnny's Herd:
'69 Charger SE, '70 Charger R/T SE 496 Six Pack, '72 Chrysler Imperial LeBaron, '74 International Scout II, '85 Ford F-250 Diesel, '97 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series

"If everyone is thinking alike, then someone isn't thinking." - Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

"If its got tits or tires, you're going to have trouble with it." - Unknown

Got Dodge Fever? There's only one cure.....Charger!

Rack

Quote from: hemihead on June 01, 2006, 12:21:11 PM
That's an interesting link.It says the Mexicans say that the Mexican worker is unreliable and lazy.Hmmm contrary to what they say about themselves here.

I don't think a person's nationality determines whether they are lazy or not. I live on the border and there's a lot of very hard workers here. There's also some lazy POS's. I suspect it's like that everywhere on the planet. There's some hard working white people, and there's some lazy white POS white people. It's the same with black people, asians, arabs, etc... The country you are born in doesn't make that determination. Not in my opinion anyway.

As far as immigration goes, there are procedures in place for people to apply and become US citizens. If you don't go that route you should be taken back to mexico (or whatever country you're from) as soon as you're caught. Most of the people I know here (of mexican descent) feel the same way. Their ancestors had to go through the procedures to become citizens so why should these other 12 million (or whatever the number is) be given special treatment?

I'll just stop right there cuz I don't want to go on a rant. I'll just say that my father retired about 10 years ago from the US Border Patrol and he's done his duty to help keep our borders safe. It's a shame to see all the hard work from him and people like him go to waste and just let anybody in (from any country, not just mexico).

Plus, it's not just a matter of letting people come and live here. Terrorists are continually trying to cross our borders just to find weak spots. One of my friends is in BORTAC (that's sort of like SWAT but for the Border Patrol) and they've caught a few terrorists trying to cross. Caught two egyptian terrorists (with Al-Quadi ties) his first month on the job. We need to quit worrying about other countries and focus on protecting our own borders. The mexican gov't can fix the problems in their country if they could get rid of all their corruption (it's real bad over there).

Anyway, this time I'll stop for real.

Lowprofile

Quote from: Rack on July 03, 2006, 11:06:53 PM
Quote from: hemihead on June 01, 2006, 12:21:11 PM

I don't think a person's nationality determines whether they are lazy or not. I live on the border and there's a lot of very hard workers here. There's also some lazy POS's. I suspect it's like that everywhere on the planet. There's some hard working white people, and there's some lazy white POS white people. It's the same with black people, asians, arabs, etc... The country you are born in doesn't make that determination. Not in my opinion anyway.

As far as immigration goes, there are procedures in place for people to apply and become US citizens. If you don't go that route you should be taken back to mexico (or whatever country you're from) as soon as you're caught. Most of the people I know here (of mexican descent) feel the same way. Their ancestors had to go through the procedures to become citizens so why should these other 12 million (or whatever the number is) be given special treatment?

I'll just stop right there cuz I don't want to go on a rant. I'll just say that my father retired about 10 years ago from the US Border Patrol and he's done his duty to help keep our borders safe. It's a shame to see all the hard work from him and people like him go to waste and just let anybody in (from any country, not just mexico).

Plus, it's not just a matter of letting people come and live here. Terrorists are continually trying to cross our borders just to find weak spots. One of my friends is in BORTAC (that's sort of like SWAT but for the Border Patrol) and they've caught a few terrorists trying to cross. Caught two egyptian terrorists (with Al-Quadi ties) his first month on the job. We need to quit worrying about other countries and focus on protecting our own borders. The mexican gov't can fix the problems in their country if they could get rid of all their corruption (it's real bad over there).

Anyway, this time I'll stop for real.

Good Post Rack. I agree totally. And thank your father for his service to our country. :patriot:
"Its better to live one day as a Lion than a Lifetime as a Lamb".

"The final test of a leader is that he leaves behind him in other men the conviction and will to carry on."

Proud Owner of:
1970 Dodge Charger R/T
1993 Dodge Ram Charger
1998 Freightliner Classic XL

CharlieCharger

They need to improve the quality in their own damn country..quit whinning about racial matters..and get to work on the economics of mexico..So there will be NO need to come to the U.S..giving this is easier said than done..I am against illegal imigration totally..I dont know how it is in your area..but you have these ass's from the ms13 gangs comming here and totaly shooting up things..13 illegals all get together and buy a house..and a month later the grass is growing over the house...I can remember 10 years ago the same neighborhood was all white..this comming to work crap is allright for the general public..but its just not true.Some do work yes..and thats great..but most of them do not..this stands true for most of the women who come here to pop one out and live off the public assistance..mean while they drive lexus coups that their drug dealer BF`S bought them or stole..26 inch rims anyone? its a simple fact that all these people are either attracting crime, or causing it themselvs.
Earth. Even the word sounded strange to me now... unfamiliar. How long had I been gone? How long had I been back? Did it matter? I tried to find the rhythm of the world where I used to live. I followed the current. I was silent, attentive, I made a conscious effort to smile, nod, stand, and perform the millions of gestures that constitute life on earth. I studied these gestures until they became reflexes again. But I was haunted by the idea that I remembered her wrong -Solaris

dodge freak

Good point-If it was not so bad in Mexico they would not come here. Canadians don't come flocking in here, they have a good life in Canada. Thats the big problem nobody talks about. Min. wage in Mexico is about $4 a day! which 50% of Mexicans make, most have no running water, health care, the schools are poor, and they have oil , and silver to mine. In Japan they have nothing but the people go to great schools and get high paying jobs, if Japan can do it on their "island" Mexico should easily be able too. Mexico has so much, great beach's that bring vistor's in from around the world and oil and gold and silver. All they need is better schools so they can make goods to sell like Japan does. These Mexicans who run up here are giving up on the place instead of trying to make it a better place to live. The USA had slavery, women could not vote, we had no labor laws and people were working for 12 hours with no over time, but our fore fathers did not run away to Canada, no, they stay and try to change things. What would have happen to the USA if they would have just left ? Nobody know's but it might be like  Mexico right now.

CaptMarvel

Quote from: nh_mopar_fan on April 29, 2006, 08:36:09 AM
We sold our business but if we still had it, I'd be firing anyone ass that didn't show on Monday.

:iagree:

NHCharger

I'm on the fifth week of my new job as site supervisor for a commerical  real estate developer. Monday I noticed the Mexican that was using the chop saw to cut metal studs was not wearing safety glasses. When I told him to put some on he looked at me and said "no comprendo". Back at the office I mentioned this to the secretary. She said she would look up some spanish phrases on the computer for me to learn and asked me for a list. This was my list.
1. Learn English or go home.
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone
79 Lil Red Express - future money pit
88 Ramcharger 4x4- current money pit
55 Dodge Royal 2 door - wife's money pit
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

69_Hemi_Charger

Quote from: NHCharger on July 25, 2006, 07:51:37 PM
I'm on the fifth week of my new job as site supervisor for a commerical  real estate developer. Monday I noticed the Mexican that was using the chop saw to cut metal studs was not wearing safety glasses. When I told him to put some on he looked at me and said "no comprendo". Back at the office I mentioned this to the secretary. She said she would look up some spanish phrases on the computer for me to learn and asked me for a list. This was my list.
1. Learn English or go home.
:haha:

RD

and you all thought this was done... here is a email (true or not i have no idea, someone here will tell us.. i dont care to look it up):

QuoteFor anyone thinking we are being too hard on our illegal's,
JUST READ THIS!

American working in Mexico

From the other side of the fence...
Received the following from Tom O'Malley, who was a  Director with S.W. BELL in Mexico City :

"I spent five years working in Mexico . I worked under  a tourist Visa for three months and could legally renew it  for three more months. After that you were working  illegally. I was technically illegal for three weeks  waiting on the FM3 approval.

"During that six months our Mexican and U.S. attorneys  were working to secure a permanent work visa called a  'FM3'. It was in addition to my U.S. passport that  I had to show each time I entered and left the country.   Barbara's was the same, except hers did not permit her  to work.

"To apply for the FM3, I needed to submit the  following notarized originals (not copies):
1. Birth certificate for Barbara and me.
2. Marriage certificate.
3. High school transcripts and proof of graduation.
4. College transcripts for every college I attended and proof of graduation.
5. Two letters of recommendation from supervisors I had worked for at least one year.
6. A letter from the St. Louis Chief of Police indicating that I had no arrest record in the U.S. and no outstanding
warrants and, was "a citizen in good standing".
7. "Finally, I had to write a letter about myself that clearly stated why there was no Mexican citizen with my skills and why my skills were important to Mexico . We called it our 'I am the greatest person on Earth' letter. It was fun to write."

"All of the above were in English that had to be translated into Spanish and be certified as legal translations, and our signatures notarized. It produced a  folder about 1.5 inches thick with English on the left side & Spanish on the right."

"Once they were completed Barbara and I spent about  five hours, accompanied by a Mexican attorney, touring Mexican government office locations and being photographed and fingerprinted at least three times at each location, and we remember at least four locations where we were instructed on Mexican tax, labor, housing, and criminal law and that we were required to obey their laws or face the consequences. We could not protest any of the government's actions or we would be committing a felony. We paid out four thousand dollars in fees and bribes to complete the process. When this was done we could legally bring in our household goods that were held by U.S. Customs in Laredo , Texas . This meant we had rented  furniture in Mexico while awaiting our goods. There were extensive fees involved here that the company paid."

"We could not buy a home and were required to rent at very high rates and under contract and compliance with Mexican law."

"We were required to get a Mexican driver's license. This was an amazing process. The company arranged for the licensing agency to come to our headquarters location with their photography and fingerprint equipment and the laminating machine. We showed our U.S. license, were photographed and fingerprinted again and issued the license instantly after paying out a six dollar fee. We did not take a written or driving test and never  received  instructions on the rules of the road. Our only instruction was to never give a policeman your license if stopped and asked. We were instructed to hold it against the inside window away from his grasp. If he got his hands on it you would have to pay ransom to get it back."

"We then had to pay and file Mexican income tax annually using the number of our FM3 as our ID number. The company's Mexican accountants did this for us and we just signed what they prepared. It was about twenty legal size pages annually."

"The FM3 was good for three years and renewable for two more after paying more fees."

"Leaving the country meant turning in the FM3 and certifying we were leaving no debts behind and no outstanding legal affairs (warrants, tickets or liens)  before our household goods were released to customs."

"It was a real adventure and if any of our Senators or Congressmen went through it once they would have a different attitude toward Mexico ."

"The Mexican government uses its vast military and police forces to keep its citizens intimidated and compliant. They never protest at their capitol or government offices, but do protest daily in front of the United States Embassy. The U.S. Embassy looks like a strongly reinforced fortress and during most protests the Mexican military surrounds the block with their men standing shoulder to shoulder in full riot gear to protect the Embassy. These protests are never shown on U.S. or Mexican TV. There is a large public park across the street where they do their protesting. Anything can cause a protest such as proposed law changes in California or  Texas ."
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander