News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Illegal Immigration!

Started by 69_Hemi_Charger, April 29, 2006, 12:45:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

69_Hemi_Charger

Quote from: Mike DC (formerly miked) on May 08, 2006, 03:28:40 PM

I think the P.C. problem is overblown, though.

I see a lot of people using P.C. arguments to try to make money with frivolous lawsuits, and that causes a lot of dumbass laws in reaction.  But I don't see the average American's mindset changing.

But the problem with the Political Correctness isn't with the average American but rather the American government and the government trying to satisfy everybody to get the vote. This is one of the main problems I see with our governmental system and one of the main reasons I hate politicians.

The one thing that the forefathers never saw coming was that a politician would actually become a career instead of a pursuit aside from their work. All of the forefathers had a job and were politicians not for the pay or for the vote, but rather because they wanted to make a difference in their community. The biggest change from then and now is that politicians now get paid to be a politician and instead of trying to help the nation, they only help themselves. Given there are some who try to make a difference, but they get drowned out by the constant drive for the vote and lose sight of trying to make a difference and instead get lost in that constant drive.

The way I see it, giving Representatives only two years before re-election really makes it tough for them to actually make that difference. They drive for the vote for a year and a half, get re voted in, and then six months later repeat the cycle. Six months just is not enough time to do much about our countries affairs. I believe that if you give them four to six years, then you would see a lot more get done, and see this PC bullshi* stop. They constantly worry about not offending somebody that literally nothing gets done in the way of our affairs, and that is something that should not be tolerated.

Which brings me to the precarious position of immigration. Illegal Immigration is illegal, period. But the unprotected open border only beckons for those who have less to seek for more in the "land of opportunity". So to say, after generations of that occurring, that those that made it in already are illegal is preposterous. Allow these people to become taxpaying citizens. Those in already should be granted amnesty, but the border should be cracked down on. The Mexico border is the biggest threat to our National Security and to our economy. If 2 million per year can come into our country each year, why couldn't a nuclear weapon or some other terrible threat to the people.

Not only that, but did anybody know that the Mexican army has made about 200 incursions into our country with weapons, armored vehicles and even tanks? How bout almost 500 deaths of volunteers trying to keep us protected? These people (immigrants, not race: so please don't misinterpret me) bring guns, drugs, and gangs into our country and it needs to be stopped. They strain our economy, infrastructure, and society. Almost 50% of the people on welfare are illegal immigrants, and thats the same figure for the inmates in prison. The Mexican army needs to respect our borders, and if it doesn't then it must learn that we are not to be toyed with and our laws not broken. By international standards, the Mexican government is invading our country. Is that something we want to allow?

Google anything that I have just said and you will find it to be true. The problem is that when the American government tries to deal with this huge issue, they are called racist and discriminatory. They then back off the issue to not irritate their voters, even though it is something that must be done for the safety of the American citizens. This is not a country with a get-in-free-card, and is not a country where the laws are meant to be ignored. So to fix the immigration problem, the governmental one must first be fixed, and then that of the people.

Let the illegal immigrants already in the country become citizens, close the border, and then make everybody get citizenship in the correct manner. If we need people to fill jobs, then we will make the requirements less stringent, but make everybody become a citizen the right way, the way that anybody else would have to.

Justin

PS- The recent protest about immigration had about a 22 million dollar effect on the nation's economy. That is about the same effect as a snowstorm in New England. This would never permanently harm our economy so neither do these protests. Which as a side-note, Illegal Immigrants technically don't even have the right to protest. That rights is only guaranteed to citizens, which an illegal is not.

"In the first place we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the man's becoming in very fact an American, and nothing but an American...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag, and this excludes the red flag, which symbolizes all wars against liberty and civilization, just as much as it excludes any foreign flag of a nation to which we are hostile...We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people." - T Roosevelt - 1907
He who is not courageous enough to take risks will accomplish nothing in life - Muhammad Ali

Mike DC

I agree with practically all of what you just said. 

The number of illegal immigrants on welfare or in the prison system is totally disproportionate to the rest of the population, and I also think it's nuts not to have a decent fence/wall up if nothing else. 

I sometimes hear arguments against walls/fences being made, like: "it would be expensive and it wouldn't do much good."  That cracks me up.  It sounds like: "Why bother to catch & prosecute murderers?  If we do that, then we'll just have to put them all into a lot of expensive jails!  It's not practical to stop murder."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

I just disagree about whether the P.C. issue is the real roadblock on this. 

I think neither the Conservatives nor the Liberals in gov't really want that border closed, and it's all for corporate benefitting reasons.  I think the argument that they're scared to look racist is just a diversionary tactic to divert attention away from the real reason (and a way for the Republicans to push a little more blame onto the Dems for a problem that both sides have created). 

We need to fix the economic & legal situation that has made it so enticing to come into here illegally.  I also think we need to enforce the existing laws and not make any more new laws to complicate things.  With almost any problem you could name, the gov't would sooner write five new laws than just enforce an existing law that would work.

69_Hemi_Charger

Quote from: Mike DC (formerly miked) on May 09, 2006, 06:17:37 AM

I agree with practically all of what you just said. 

The number of illegal immigrants on welfare or in the prison system is totally disproportionate to the rest of the population, and I also think it's nuts not to have a decent fence/wall up if nothing else. 

I sometimes hear arguments against walls/fences being made, like: "it would be expensive and it wouldn't do much good."  That cracks me up.  It sounds like: "Why bother to catch & prosecute murderers?  If we do that, then we'll just have to put them all into a lot of expensive jails!  It's not practical to stop murder."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

I just disagree about whether the P.C. issue is the real roadblock on this. 

I think neither the Conservatives nor the Liberals in gov't really want that border closed, and it's all for corporate benefitting reasons.  I think the argument that they're scared to look racist is just a diversionary tactic to divert attention away from the real reason (and a way for the Republicans to push a little more blame onto the Dems for a problem that both sides have created). 

We need to fix the economic & legal situation that has made it so enticing to come into here illegally.  I also think we need to enforce the existing laws and not make any more new laws to complicate things.  With almost any problem you could name, the gov't would sooner write five new laws than just enforce an existing law that would work.

:iagree:

My only argument with the political correctness is that the representatives look mainly for the vote when doing things to help the people. I think we have laws that will do the job, but we next extra support for the laws to work. Send down a portion of the military instead of sending them all around the world. And if things just don't settle down at the border, then make the laws already present more and more drastic. Build a wall/fence (something that should have been done a long time ago). And finally warn the Mexican government that if their military doesn't stop invading our country, there will be consequences.

We can't really make the economic situation any more or less ideal for illegal immigration. In comparison to Mexico, America is heaven. These people will continually try to get in, even after multiple rebuttals and deportations. We need to find some way to let them know that if they want in our country, they need to do it the legit way not the illegal way. They need to respect our laws.

Also what corporation benefits from illegal immigration? Just dont say construction and lawn-mowing.  ;)
He who is not courageous enough to take risks will accomplish nothing in life - Muhammad Ali

Mike DC

QuoteAlso what corporation benefits from illegal immigration? Just dont say construction and lawn-mowing.

Well, lots of industries are hiring illegals in the U.S.  And a lot more technically "legit" businesses & entire industries are eagerly accepting cheaper prices from subcontractors becuase the subcontractors are switching to illegals.  (I'm basically saying that Wal-Mart doesn't have to put an illegal alien greeting you at their front entrance just to benefit from the illegal workforce.) 

And a lot more service industries are holding prices below what Americans would otherwise accept because of the threat of switcing to illegals.  It's the same reasoning that keeps wages down in manufacturing:  The illegals are basically the "China" of the service industry.

------------------------------------------------

QuoteMy only argument with the political correctness is that the representatives look mainly for the vote when doing things to help the people. I think we have laws that will do the job, but we next extra support for the laws to work.

When neither party wants to do something, the vote doesn't matter, does it? 

IMHO the voters don't matter with immigration any more than they matter with term limits or something.  The voters only matter when they can actually get their wishes from one party, and right now both parties are united in agreement that they don't want the border/immigration problem fixed. 

The only difference to me is what excuse a certain party is gonna float.
Democrats?  They claim they don't wanna be racist. (As if that stops them from hurting white people with affirmative action.  As if gaining a few immigrant votes are worth losing half the citizen's vote in the process.  The numbers don't add up and they must know this.) 
Republicans?  They claim they'd fix it if only the Democrats would let them.  (As if loose borders aren't an age-old part of the party's position.  As if their beloved Reagan didn't create half the current problem.  As if the Democrats could stop anything they put their minds to doing right now, with the Republicans controlling both sides of Congress and the White house all at once.)

-----------------------------------------------

QuoteWe can't really make the economic situation any more or less ideal for illegal immigration. In comparison to Mexico, America is heaven. These people will continually try to get in, even after multiple rebuttals and deportations

With the borders open, anyone who gets too dissatified with Mexico comes here instead of fighting for change at home. 
IMHO if our borders were tighter, Mexico would've probably had a serious corruption reform movement decades ago.  We're the safety valve that keeps their public from boiling over.  But it unfortunatelyI think it needs  to boil over.

ChargerBill

Quote from: Sinister68 on April 29, 2006, 05:56:56 PM
Immigration- FACTS

1. 40% of all workers in L.A. County (L.A. County has 10 million people) are
working for cash and not paying taxes. This was because they are
predominantly illegal immigrants, working without a green card.

2. 95% of warrants for murder in Los Angeles are for illegal aliens.

3. 75% of people on the most wanted list in Los Angeles are illegal aliens.

4. Over 2/3's of all births in Los Angeles County are to illegal alien
Mexicans on Medi-Cal whose births were paid for by taxpayers.

5. Nearly 25% of all inmates in California detention centers are Mexican
nationals here illegally.

6. Over 300,000 illegal aliens in Los Angeles County are living in garages.

7. The FBI reports half of all gang members in Los Angeles are most likely
illegal aliens from south of the border.

8. Nearly 60% of all occupants of HUD properties are illegal.

9. 21 radio stations in L.A. are Spanish speaking.

10. In L.A.County 5.1 million people speak English. 3.9 million speak
Spanish (10.2 million people in L.A.County).

(All 10 from the Los Angeles Times)

Less than 2% of illegal aliens are picking our crops but 29% are on welfare.

Over 70% of the United States annual population growth (and over 90% of California, Florida, and New York) results from immigration.

The cost of immigration to the American taxpayer in 1997 was a NET (after subtracting taxes immigrants pay) $70 BILLION a year, [Professor Donald Huddle, Rice University].

The lifetime fiscal impact (taxes paid minus services used) for the average adult Mexican immigrant is a NEGATIVE

29% of inmates in federal prisons are illegal aliens.

THAT about says it all. Frankly I'm sick of being villified because I can't stand the welfare state mentality and all the freeloading going on. Illegals are a huge burden to our infrastructure, socioeconomic stability and quality of life as LEGAL American citizens. Look, Mexicans believe that California is THEIR land, and since they cannot take it back by military force, they will simply occupy it illegally until the government stops the madness. And guess what, I agree wil John Kunkel on this one...close tye borders, we're full.
Life is a highway...

Ponch ®

"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

Mike DC

Charger_Fan

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

Spike

If only illegal aliens speak out, only illegal aliens will be heard.

hemi68charger

Quote from: Spike on May 10, 2006, 07:19:13 PM
If only illegal aliens speak out, only illegal aliens will be heard.

Excellent !!!!  That's why you HAVE TO WRITE YOUR CONGRESSMAN !!!!!!!!  Believe me, they read that stuff...... Go to the congressional website and your Senate.......

www.house.gov

www.senate.gov
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

Todd Wilson

YUP! They are proud to be here!

Todd

Charger_Fan

Even though those pics are of high school aged kids who don't have a grasp of the full concept of their actions, those pics are disturbing nontheless. Assumably a majority of those kids are offspring from illegals, who have made it this far in their education thanks to the foolish generosity of us Americans & look how they show their appreciation. It makes me wonder if they can even fathom how good they have it, compared to the alternate living they could easily have been jubject to if their parents hadn't made the "long run".
You'd think that out of anybody, they would be the most gracious kids ever. You'd think that their parents would be constantly drumming into their heads how lucky they are to be here instead of back in Mexico...especially because they have been allowed to remain in this country illegally for all these years.
They just take it all for granted & want more.
I just don't get it.

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

69_Hemi_Charger

Quote from: CHARGER_FAN on May 11, 2006, 12:38:24 PM
Even though those pics are of high school aged kids who don't have a grasp of the full concept of their actions, those pics are disturbing nontheless. Assumably a majority of those kids are offspring from illegals, who have made it this far in their education thanks to the foolish generosity of us Americans & look how they show their appreciation. It makes me wonder if they can even fathom how good they have it, compared to the alternate living they could easily have been jubject to if their parents hadn't made the "long run".
You'd think that out of anybody, they would be the most gracious kids ever. You'd think that their parents would be constantly drumming into their heads how lucky they are to be here instead of back in Mexico...especially because they have been allowed to remain in this country illegally for all these years.
They just take it all for granted & want more.
I just don't get it.
:iagree:

Its crazy that they fly the American Flag (the nation that has given them undue hospitality and generosity as illegals) beneath the Mexican flag (the country that they fled in the first place). Not only that but they fly the American flag upside down in a sign of distress? Who is in distress? Weren't they more distressed in their wonderful homeland?

Kids take down the Mexican flag, put back up Old Glory (right side up mind you), and then kindly hump your disrespectful and ignorant a**es back to the place you idolize with that damned flag and set it up on the south side of the border. Good luck with life.

Mike DC

Kids are kids. 

At that age a lot of them would rather be "anti" something than "pro" anything at all.  If those same kids from the pics were in Mexico, they'd probably be the ones waving an American flag on top of the Mexican one.

69_Hemi_Charger

Anybody notice that this is taking place at a high school?

Ponch ®

Quote from: 69_Hemi_Charger on May 12, 2006, 04:45:06 PM
Anybody notice that this is taking place at a high school?

yes. I know many kids like that. The reality is, theyre just misguided. They dont really understand the issues. All they know is what theyre told by their friends and the spanish media - that the white man is after the brown man. If it were that simple. Add to that what MikeD said...at that age theyd rather be anti-whatever.

As an American-of-Mexican heritage, I'm offended by their actions and find what theyre doing to our flag disgusting. If they love mexico so bad, go back. I'm proud of my roots, but im fully aware that if my grandparents hadnt decided to come here back in the 50's, I could very well be selling tacos or driving a taxi cab in Mexico for peanuts. There's no excuse for desecrating the flag. To point out how absurd it is - if white kids at another high school did the same thing to the mexican flag, they would be labeled racists.
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

hemi68charger

Well, let's see if President Bush can ralley Congress behind him....... For the most part, I liked what he said last night...... Close the borders, period, to illegal crossings and let everyone, including those already here, get documentation the 'right' way and get in line....... Assimilate linguistically and culturally...........

Troy
Troy
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)

Sublime/Sixpack

I thought what he had to say made sense, but I still wish there was a realistic way to remove the illegals already in the country and make them go about it in the correct way..
1970 Sublime R/T, 440 Six Pack, Four speed, Super Track Pak

hemi68charger

I noticed on some of the Sunday Morning talk shows no one wanted to touch with a ten-foot pole the issue of what to do with children of potentially-deported parents.......... Well, you reap what you sow.........   Lets I have no pity on this when I see service members killed and children no longer have parents..........   They need to go as well, through no fault of theirs, but their parents..........

T
Troy

hemi68charger

My letter to both my Senators and Congresswoman....

Honorable .............

I viewed last night the President's speech on the current immigration situation. I agree with him whole-heartedly, except with the planned "pathway-to-citizenship" for those already here illegally. I, as a citizen and defender of the very Constitution this Land is founded on, still resent the careless attitude of those that come to OUR land illegally and stay. Personally, I don't think anyone here illegally should stay another minute and with that, their families should go as well. All should process via the proper channels like those behind that ARE doing it legally. I resent MY government basically turning a blind-eye to this as I serve in the United States Air Force. My quality of life is such now that I wish to move from the very house I call my home due to the lack of assimilation of those around me. I live in a heavily, now, Latino populated section of Houston that wasn't that way before. Everywhere I go there's Spanish here, Spanish there. It's pretty sad I can't even go to the local drug store and not hear it over the intercom..... I know America's the Land of the Free and alot of people would say, "If you don't like it, move"....... Why should I !!!???  I'm having to assimilate to the Latino masses instead of it being the other way around. Sure, it's hard to assimilate and learn a new language, but that's something these individuals should have thought about before they came here. There IS a difference in culture. I've mentioned it before and I'll mention it again, I'm tired of their dirty ways(No, I'm not stereotyping or making generalizations, just a visual truism of where I live). I can't go down the street on my way to work and not see trash thrown about by day-laborers. No, I'm not stereotyping in the least. Even the local officers of the Houston Police Department know about the high percentages of illegals in this particular affordable apartment complex. Simple cleanliness isn't something that costs money. All you have to do is throw trash away in it's proper disposal container. Simple......... I'm tired of working hard to maintain a standard of life and my surroundings do nothing but bring it down..... It's NOT RIGHT !!!!

But, back to the issue.......... The influx of Central/South Americans into our country is getting, no, gotten, out of hand. This is nothing short of an invasion.  How dare President Fox of Mexico say anything about the way we protect our borders. He hasn't done one thing I can see to curb the influx of Mexicans into the US. Of course he doesn't, he likes the US dollar coming into his country. I don't mind individuals coming here to the United States of America to work, but they need to do it legally, with a work visa, etc.......... There needs to be a methodology to track immigrants. We all know, given half the chance, the majority of people here on a work program will not show up at the border when it's time for them to leave........

I plead and demand that my legislation do something about this.... Are the Senators and Representatives going to come over to my "neck of the woods" and clean things up? I didn't think so.......... So, in lew of that, they all should create sound legislation to protect our borders, make it mandatory to assimilate on our terms, not theirs AND ENFORCE IT IMMIGRATION AND BORDER LAWS !!!!

Troy
Troy

Mike DC

I don't know what to do about the existing illegals.  It's not realistic to deport 12 million of them. 

It would be nice to at least deport the ones we're currently paying to feed & house in the Federal prison system, but I honestly don't know how realistic of an idea that is either.  (Deporting the illegal Federal prisoners probably wouldn't even be very cost-effective when the operation was all said & done, but it sure would win Washington some points with the public just on principle.)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

IMHO we just need to keep pushing for locking down the borders & fighting the economic conditions that encourage illegals to sneak in.
This stuff is a lot more important to the long-term situation than the status of the current 12 million illegals. 

If we take our eyes off the prize and let Washington derail things into a discussion about the 12 million, then we'll just get screwed again like what happened in the 1980s.  (That time we got lots of amnesty but no additional border controls implemented.)

---------------------------------------------

It would also help if we made it a lot easier & faster to immigrate & become a U.S. citizen LEGALLY.  There are a lot of people trying to do it right, and I've often heard that we're not making it very easy for them.  No point in tightly controlling the trickle of new legal citizens while allowing a flood of illegals at the same time.

451-74Charger

Im an Immigrant...
I did it the right way.
I dont agree that if you get into the country illegally you can stay.

Do it the right way people, thats all I have to say.

PS, I didnt use an immigration Lawer. They cost tooo much and screw up too often.

hemi68charger

Quote from: 451-74Charger on May 17, 2006, 09:32:46 AM
Im an Immigrant...
I did it the right way.
I dont agree that if you get into the country illegally you can stay.

Do it the right way people, thats all I have to say.

PS, I didnt use an immigration Lawer. They cost tooo much and screw up too often.

:2thumbs:

Good for you........ 

Troy
Troy

71440charger

cant we all just get along I sneaked acroos the border and made it here and i live off welfare and use your alls tax dollars to build my  charger so ha ha ha i will never go back and i will steal your money and by car parts wooo wooo wooo just kidding i am american for all of you who was about to get mad
The Killer Cam

hemi68charger

How come we can have a major military border control mechanism between North and South Korea (DMZ), but we can't protect our own border?  yes, I know the border here is much longer....

Troy
Troy