News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Illegal Immigration!

Started by 69_Hemi_Charger, April 29, 2006, 12:45:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Telvis

derailed

Quote from: myk on April 29, 2006, 07:47:09 AM

If someone wants to be a part of this nation, they need to abide by the law and get in line like everyone else had to...
You mean the same way the white man did with the Indians?

greenpigs

Was long enough for someone to say that.

They conquered the native Americans and TOOK the land(more or less).. it is not the same as illegal immigration.
1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free

RECHRGD

Quote from: SeattleChargerDog on April 29, 2006, 11:58:53 AM
  Well, here in Seattle and surrounding cities, there aren't that many Latinos, but about a million Asians.    The Asians have a lot of GOOD jobs, no one bitches about that?  And how did so many get here legally?   The hispanics take jobs that are low pay and crappy anyways, so who cares. 
     The Asians get different treatment IMO, most of them seem to own houses and businesses and drive around in a Lexus, and their kids get A's at the University.  The Latinos getting across the border do crappy jobs and have no rights since they are illegal, they aren't getting respect.  Who is taking the good jobs?  The Asians come here with more capital is all, they can invest and know how to run a business, we welcome their money and productivity and academic qualitfications.   So no one bitches about them, they aren't on Fox news getting   "keep em down B.S."     I believe this is how the powers that be want it.

saying-   
                                "Everything is the way it is because they want it that way." 

There's a Vietmanese gal that I work with and was just talking to her the other day about this subject.  Her family was "sponsored" by some local churches about 17 years ago.  The Sponsors take financial responsibility for the people that they sponsor.  Once here, her family all learned english, went to school and got good jobs.  They've bought property, paid taxes and are now in a financial position to sponsor more of their family to move here.  They have not recieved welfare and if they did, the sponsors would be liable for it.  They speak english in public and demand nothing.  The laws are the same for everyone should they chose to abide by them.
13.53 @ 105.32

Ponch ®

Quote from: nh_mopar_fan on April 29, 2006, 10:17:59 AM
Don't confuse legal immigration with illegal immigrations. That's what the goal is of many. They want to make all immigration equal.
We should not reward those who break the law especially at the expense of those who did it the right way. I don't see anyone here saying anything negative about legal immigrants. It's the illegals that we're talking about.

Once you separate the two, as they should be, it gets very hard to defend the illegals.

I agree. My grandpa came here in the mid 1950's and had to work his ass off to a) do it legally and b) once he was here, make sure he could bring the rest of his family without becoming a burden to the system. I do agree that illegals do a lot of the shitty jobs and to some extent illegals are necessary...but there is a point where there are just too many - hence the "50 people attacking your truck at Home Depot". It's not necessarily that they are more willing to work than Americans, its that theyre more willing to work for less and because they are more easily exploitable - they get paid $40 to work all day at a construction site, where someone else might want 2-3 times as much. In the end, theyre the ones getting screwed.

I appreciate the situation might be rough in their countries, but we can't take care of everyone. I really dont know what the solution to the problem is...I like to think that we need to secure our borders, and then see what we can do about the ones that are already here.   

As far as the protests, I think its stupid. Geez...what better way to show that we're hard workers than by NOT going to work - as if there arent enough sterotypes about mexicans being lazy. Also May 1st...please...its a major commie holiday. Besides, what if white people actually like not having mexicans around...then my people will really be in trouble.
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

hemihead

AS far as what they get paid is not because they do the jobs nobody wants, it is that they will work for less than what a natural born citizen will take.And big business, because of their greed, loves it.The only way there won't be a law change is so that greedy capitalists will get to keep their cheap labor.I think that the illegals should be deported.If they go through the system like everyone else, they should speak the language here.And if they commit a crime they should be deported.That would cut down on some of the gang crimes.
Lots of people talkin' , few of them know
Soul of a woman was created below
  Led Zeppelin

bull

Quote from: hemihead on April 29, 2006, 03:22:40 PM
AS far as what they get paid is not because they do the jobs nobody wants, it is that they will work for less than what a natural born citizen will take.And big business, because of their greed, loves it.The only way there won't be a law change is so that greedy capitalists will get to keep their cheap labor.I think that the illegals should be deported.If they go through the system like everyone else, they should speak the language here.And if they commit a crime they should be deported.That would cut down on some of the gang crimes.

Many Republicans like illegal immigrants for the cheap labor and many Democrats like illegal immigrants for the votes. That's why little has ever been done about it.

Vainglory, Esq.

Ideally, I'd like to see a system in which immigration is simply allowed, without requiring papers or passports.  Thinking that you can wall up and control the entire border is the height of stupidity, and the government is not set up to protect your "right" to jobs, etc. just because you happened to be born within a border.  The sole duty of government is to protect the liberties of the people who live under it, whether they have the right papers or not.

But I'm obviously one person, and if the majority rules that illegal immigration is a felony, so be it.  This boycott is only hurting those who are staging it. 

John_Kunkel

Those opposed to immigration are often characterized as being racial bigots but I would end ALL immigration based on my belief that the United States is full, there isn't room for any more people, regardless of ethnicity. Put too many rats in an enclosed space and they start attacking each other; sound familiar?   

Each new immigrant consumes resources, they need water, sewers, energy, etc. all of which taxes the already shaky infrastructure. When a theater is full they post a sign saying SRO (standing room only). The U.S. is rapidly approaching SRO, I say eliminate the INS, reinforce the Border Patrol, close the borders and erect triple fences with guard towers, razor wire, land mines, etc. Shoot all infiltrators!!!

Of course, that's just my opinion but I'd volunteer to man one of those guard towers gratis.

Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

TheGhost

I could care less what country someone is from, as long as they obey 4 little rules.

1. They at least TRY to speak English.
2. They came here legally.
3. They have insurance if they drive.
4. They hold down a job, instead of trying to live off the rest of us.

Do that, and I'm happy.  Fail to do that, and I'm all for sending their asses back to wherever the hell they came from.
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.  Especially if they have access to the internet.

Sinister68

Immigration- FACTS

1. 40% of all workers in L.A. County (L.A. County has 10 million people) are
working for cash and not paying taxes. This was because they are
predominantly illegal immigrants, working without a green card.

2. 95% of warrants for murder in Los Angeles are for illegal aliens.

3. 75% of people on the most wanted list in Los Angeles are illegal aliens.

4. Over 2/3's of all births in Los Angeles County are to illegal alien
Mexicans on Medi-Cal whose births were paid for by taxpayers.

5. Nearly 25% of all inmates in California detention centers are Mexican
nationals here illegally.

6. Over 300,000 illegal aliens in Los Angeles County are living in garages.

7. The FBI reports half of all gang members in Los Angeles are most likely
illegal aliens from south of the border.

8. Nearly 60% of all occupants of HUD properties are illegal.

9. 21 radio stations in L.A. are Spanish speaking.

10. In L.A.County 5.1 million people speak English. 3.9 million speak
Spanish (10.2 million people in L.A.County).

(All 10 from the Los Angeles Times)

Less than 2% of illegal aliens are picking our crops but 29% are on welfare.

Over 70% of the United States annual population growth (and over 90% of California, Florida, and New York) results from immigration.

The cost of immigration to the American taxpayer in 1997 was a NET (after subtracting taxes immigrants pay) $70 BILLION a year, [Professor Donald Huddle, Rice University].

The lifetime fiscal impact (taxes paid minus services used) for the average adult Mexican immigrant is a NEGATIVE

29% of inmates in federal prisons are illegal aliens.

-James
2013 Challenger SRT - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 1968 Charger (R/T)
6.4 Hemi/Auto - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 440 4bbl/5 Speed/Dana 3.54

last426

Quote from: Sinister68 on April 29, 2006, 05:56:56 PM
Immigration- FACTS

1. 40% of all workers in L.A. County (L.A. County has 10 million people) are
working for cash and not paying taxes. This was because they are
predominantly illegal immigrants, working without a green card.

[snip]
(All 10 from the Los Angeles Times)

[snip of more inaccuracies]

Talking about illegal (copyright violation), of all things to quote without giving credit, you post the rantings of Rick Roberts, a rabid talk show host in San Diego I believe.  I don't have time or the inclination to go through the points one by one, especially since you just cut and pasted them but take point one for instance.  Note how it says 40 percent of workers are illegal (I strongly dispute that but even assuming it is correct) and then lists the population of LA county, not the population of the workers in LA county.  And a large number of illegal immigrants do pay taxes -- if they are workers at a factory or most large farms they do.

Please cite the date and page of the Times for each of those 10 points so that I can verify your posting, otherwise, thanks for playiing. Kim

Ponch ®

Immigration- FACTS

and meanwhile my charger sits on an open driveway.  :icon_smile_angry:

Send them all back, I say! :icon_smile_big:
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

Plumcrazy

Do we have a shortage of land mines?

My great grandparents brought my grand parents to this country as children.  They learned the language and became productive citizens.

It's not a midlife crisis, it's my second adolescence.

Charger_Fan

Quote from: Plumcrazy on April 29, 2006, 08:12:07 PM
Do we have a shortage of land mines?
I've got plenty in my back yard (the dog poop variety). :D

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

Silver R/T

Quote from: derailed on April 29, 2006, 12:20:07 PM

If someone wants to be a part of this nation, they need to abide by the law and get in line like everyone else had to...

agree
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

NHCharger

I find it amusing that the President of Mexico is up in arms over the thought of us tightening up our border security. Meanwhile in Mexico any illegal immigrants are thrown in prison for two years.

72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone
79 Lil Red Express - future money pit
88 Ramcharger 4x4- current money pit
55 Dodge Royal 2 door - wife's money pit
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

Silver R/T

Quote from: Ponch on April 29, 2006, 07:39:36 PM
Immigration- FACTS

my cars sit outside too

and meanwhile my charger sits on an open driveway. :icon_smile_angry:

Send them all back, I say! :icon_smile_big:

2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

TheGhost

Quote from: derailed on April 29, 2006, 12:20:07 PM

...which happened 200 years ago.  That's like saying todays generation needs to pay black people for slavery.  Inapplicable.  Irrelivent to the current times.
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.  Especially if they have access to the internet.

71440charger

( well i am sorry to piss everyone off so i will just take the 64 of them that i have working for me for fifty cents an hour instead of mimium wage like i should and take them back to the border) 

that is why nobody does anything
The Killer Cam

Todd Wilson

Hay Chryco!!!!!!!!!!    Start getting a tan and learn Spanish  PRONTO!!!!!!!!!!   You can finally get to the states!!!!!!!!!!

Todd

Big Lebowski

Quote from: Todd Wilson on April 29, 2006, 11:35:15 PM
Hay Chryco!!!!!!!!!!    Start getting a tan and learn Spanish  PRONTO!!!!!!!!!!   You can finally get to the states!!!!!!!!!!

Todd

Ya really, 10 million (We don't need no stinkin green card) Illegals walked accross the border, so who's gonna stop you?
"Let me explain something to you, um i am not Mr. Lebowski, you're Mr. Lebowski. I'm the dude, so that's what you call me. That or his dudeness, or duder, or you know, el duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing."

Silver R/T

Im sure we could set you up with work over here. Paying under the table for mechanical work...Im sure you could make it :)

2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

dkn1997

my turn.  First of all, We need immigration.  Here is why, and this applies to wealthier areas like where I live.  I am not wealthy, but the average home on Long Island, NY, unless it's in a real shitbag area, costs anywhere from 350-500k.

The kids of people who make good money around here will NOT do the "laborer" class of jobs. Mowing lawns, vacuuming pools, or basically anything that requires you to strain yourself.  The white guys want to be CEO on the first day of work.   I work for a large company and we build high end swimming pools.  We have about 40 men in the field on any given day.  I do all of the hiring for my dept.  @98% of my applicants either cannot speak english, or are "americans"  who have suspended licences, drug problems, 5 wage garnishments, or who attempt to pull the "I'm sick" or "I just found out I have court today" nonsens 

2 of my 6 foreman are spanish and they make just as much as their "american" counterparts.  1 of them has learned to speak english very well and the other, even though I found him free english classes, cannot.  He does not go to the classes anymore I found out.  As far as pay, I pay the spanish guys the same as the white guys: based on ability.  We actually won't hire anyone without a drivers' license or a SS#. 

We need immigrants.  do you think citizens built the railroads in the 1800's?  well it was chinese, irish, and othe immigrants.  It's the natural progression of things in our history.  The immgrants come, do the work that people who have been here a while don't want to do, they learn the language, melt their customs in with "american" culture, get legal, PAY TAXES,  and live happily ever after.  Yes, ALL OF THESE GROUPS GOT SHIT ON FOR A WHILE BEFORE BEING ACCEPTED, but they were able to get over it and eventually they were accepted by all.

The real problem is that today's immigrant does not want to do that.  They demand that we put everything into 2 languages (bullshit) and cater to them.   

I just hope that we are "early" into the south american immigrant process and that it plays out like it did for the asian european immigrants of the last century.  Maybe, right now, it's just too early to tell.

I talk to people and the prevailing wage for the illegals you pick up on the side of the road to work is just as much as if you hired an american to do it.
RECHRGED

chargerboy69

My turn. . . . I do like the idea of a fence or a wall. And I do believe we need more border patrol. But I believe ILLEGALS will find a way over. My opinion is take away the reason for them to come over. Jobs. Make it if any company hires an illegal they are fined $500,000.00 per illegal for the first offense. And the fine keeps going up after that if they continue hiring them. If you take away the reasons for them to come over, why would the come.

I am not opposed to immigrants. My family came from Germany. Just do it legally. Oh, and speak the freakin language. . . .
Indiana Army National Guard 1st Battalion, 293rd Infantry. Nightfighters. Fort Wayne Indiana.

A government big enough to give you everything you need, is a government big enough to take away everything that you have.
--Gerald Ford